PDA

View Full Version : Based on the Nix presser we're drafting o-line and Edwards will be the starter.

HHURRICANE
01-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Watch the last 2 minutes of the presser. I believe Edwards gets his job back next year. Nix addressed poor line play and how a guy lost his confidence.

So are you guys going to be *****ing if our new GM and coach insert Edwards as the starter?

HHURRICANE
01-01-2010, 12:40 PM
IMO!!!

Luisito23
01-01-2010, 12:42 PM
The new HC should be the one who makes that decision, but since he'll be another puppet who really knows.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I think we have to wait for the new HC before making a QB decision. If you listen to the whole video, Buddy said it would be up to the coaches.

Michael82
01-01-2010, 12:46 PM
He didn't say Edwards. He said all 3 of the QBs are still ours and it will be up to the head coach what he wants to do with them. That could mean Brohm or even Fitzpatrick ( :puke: )

realdealryan
01-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Uh, this was just a presser and a "we need a better o-line" talking point.

Michael82
01-01-2010, 12:52 PM

He talked about it some more here....

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Bills-Focus-Buddy-Nix-1-on-1/4feb168c-f9f6-4706-af47-a532a09e8a78

HHURRICANE
01-01-2010, 12:53 PM

He was addressing Edwards if not by name. Watch it.

If Cowher comes in here and says Fitzpatrick is our guy I'd be okay with that. I just want someone with a brain making the decisions.

SquishDaFish
01-01-2010, 01:00 PM
I would think that would be up to the coach. Calm down bro

Akhippo
01-01-2010, 01:00 PM
He was addressing Edwards if not by name. Watch it.

If Cowher comes in here and says Fitzpatrick is our guy I'd be okay with that. I just want someone with a brain making the decisions.

If all he had to choose between was dumb and dumber, yeah i would hope he would pick dumb.

But if it was Fitz over betterQBa or betterQBb that we had a chance to get, that would be upsetting.

If its a scenario like Carolina where Fox stuck with Delhomme inspite of the team; upsetting.

Mahdi
01-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Watch the last 2 minutes of the presser. I believe Edwards gets his job back next year. Nix addressed poor line play and how a guy lost his confidence.

So are you guys going to be *****ing if our new GM and coach insert Edwards as the starter?
IMO Edwards doesn't have the skills, OL or no OL he does not have what it takes to become a Franchise QB, if one is available in the draft or FA that they like they will take him.

PECKERWOOD
01-01-2010, 02:04 PM
1.) Bradford
2.) Clausen
3.) Edwards

If we can't get #1 or #2, I'm fine with option #3. Tebow would make a fine #4 option for when Trent gets injured, that's if we can get him at good value.

The Spaz
01-01-2010, 02:14 PM
He also said you need a QB who can cut threw the wind in Buffalo and I don't think Fitzpatrick or Edwards can do that on a consistent basis.

McBFLO
01-01-2010, 02:41 PM
He didn't say Edwards. He said all 3 of the QBs are still ours and it will be up to the head coach what he wants to do with them. That could mean Brohm or even Fitzpatrick ( :puke: )
You're right in that he didn't name any of the QBs specifically. But, he basically gave it away as soon as he started talking about confidence. That was never an issue with Fitz, but it was the obvious hurdle for Edwards.

Also, I interpreted his comments on giving the coaches a "chance with these guys" to mean nothing more than something along the lines of giving the coaches a chance to evaluate the QBs, possibly an offseason minicamp. Nix has a track record of drafting QBs with the intention of building the franchise around them, at least in SD anyway.

YardRat
01-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Lotta time between now and opening day next season...a lot can happen. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Nighthawk
01-01-2010, 02:51 PM
The new HC should be the one who makes that decision, but since he'll be another puppet who really knows.

What are you talking about? Nix was an AWESOME hire!?!?!?

nateodoms'bff
01-01-2010, 02:59 PM
in the one on one, he also talks about no being able to bring in a guy with questionable arm strength. he spoke about having a strong offensive line to wear down the opposing teams defense.

clearly, Edwards was the QB with questionable arm strength. I think that clearly indicates that Edwards is not the favored son anymore.

At least thats what I got out of the one on one interview.

more cowbell
01-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Let's not forget that Buddy Nix apparently had a lot of say in the late season moves we made (Brohm, Incognito).

I would not be suprised to see Brohm starting opening day next year if he has a strong minicamp/training camp while he's battling against edwards and a rookie who isn't a 1st round pick.

Griff
01-01-2010, 03:23 PM
yeah I think this was more, the O-line sucked, we're keeping the QBs and fixing the line.

HAMMER
01-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Let's not forget that Buddy Nix apparently had a lot of say in the late season moves we made (Brohm, Incognito).

I would not be suprised to see Brohm starting opening day next year if he has a strong minicamp/training camp while he's battling against edwards and a rookie who isn't a 1st round pick.

I have a feeling we stay away from QB in 1st round and Brohm gets every opportunity to compete for starting job.

shelby
01-01-2010, 04:17 PM
i am not happy with ANY of our QBs. If Edwards is our starter next season, i will be *****ing.

jimbohastle51
01-01-2010, 04:38 PM
jimmy clausen is our guy. whichever QB shanahans redskins dont take we will take. either clausen or bradford but i think clausen is the guy and i believe we would move up to get him as well.

jimbohastle51
01-01-2010, 04:40 PM
we will not take a LT till the 2nd or 3rd round. if you look at Nix's drafts he doesnt take O-lineman that high. look at san diego's offensive line besides mcneil. none were high picks. he doesnt take OL that high. he arleady even said he doesnt sign high priced free agents, and that is because he drafts his skill players and QBs high.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-01-2010, 04:50 PM
we will not take a LT till the 2nd or 3rd round. if you look at Nix's drafts he doesnt take O-lineman that high. look at san diego's offensive line besides mcneil. none were high picks. he doesnt take OL that high. he arleady even said he doesnt sign high priced free agents, and that is because he drafts his skill players and QBs high.

But was SD's O-line ever as big a weakness as ours?

jimbohastle51
01-01-2010, 04:58 PM
But was SD's O-line ever as big a weakness as ours?
i wouldnt exactly say that next year ours is that big of a weakness. with incognito only a RFA will will have him back for another year cheap so if we do the thing we should have done all along and let eric wood play his natural position of center tan we have above average LG in levitre, RG in incognito, and C in wood. we can draft a a couple tackles and sign a vetran LT or RT to man one of the 2 tackle positions while letting a rookie start the other. we are not that bad off on the O-line under this scenario. there are always RT available in FA, i mean runyan, levi jones, taucher, ect. where all available throughout the season and honestly there will be a nice LT available in FA this year in tra thomas who will be cut after monroe has taken the job over that he was drafted high to do. we can get at least 1 tackle in FA.

elltrain22
01-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I think that was just PR stuff. I don't think, even if Nix thought Edwards sucked, he'd tell us. That kinda info is kept internally b/c of respect. My feeling is, Edwards will be seriously evaluated by the new coaching staff, and who knows, if the right coaching staff is in place, and we upgrade our off line play, he might actually turn out to be the qb we all know that he can be.

Akhippo
01-01-2010, 08:23 PM
I had high hopes for Edwards and for good reason. Then he went brain dead and went into his alter ego.

If we get a coach that will get in his ass and make him run the offense; wait, when we actually get an offense with the new staff, they need to ride him and if he doesnt cut it, cut him.

But if you can build him back up he might be serviceable behind a strong offensive line and scheme.

The Jokeman
01-01-2010, 08:38 PM

If true then he better find himself a HC/OC that are versed in the WCO, where I think Edwards could excel and trade Lee Evans ASAP. As it's obvious Evans to me wouldn't do well in said offense and it's obvious him and Trent have never been on the same page. To me if I'm Nix I'd try and move Evans to the Raiders for TE Zach Miller and maybe even a draft pick. As it give Edwards a great receiving TE. Yes it give us some big holes at WR with TO and Reed set to be free agents but with the cap space we'd free up perhaps could go after a guy like Brandon Marshall or Braylon Edwards both of whom I feel are better then Evans and better suited in a WCO. Not to mention to Al Davis loves the deep passing game and perhaps it could reunite Evans and Losman making it a realistic trade possibility.

EDIT: I just learned that Marshall and Edwards will not be an UFAs due to it being an uncapped year. So perhaps in retrospect it be foolish to trade Evans.

Night Train
01-01-2010, 08:43 PM
The Edwards comment is beyond ******ed.

yordad
01-01-2010, 09:02 PM
O-line sure, but I think the chances of Brohm starting are higher.

CoolBreeze
01-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Doesn't anyone understand the meaning of lip service? It was a basic press conference. The guy isn't come out and call out specific players. He did call out the strength and conditioning of this team, which was dead on. It seems like he has a real plan. He spoke about the lack of consistency in regards to different co-ordinaters every year. He was right, that can't happen, and be successful. Give the guy a chance. Afterall 70 is the new 50.