Based on the Nix presser we're drafting o-line and Edwards will be the starter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Based on the Nix presser we're drafting o-line and Edwards will be the starter.

Watch the last 2 minutes of the presser. I believe Edwards gets his job back next year. Nix addressed poor line play and how a guy lost his confidence.

So are you guys going to be *****ing if our new GM and coach insert Edwards as the starter?
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Based on the Nix presser we're drafting o-line and Edwards will be the starter.

IMO!!!

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Re: Based on the Nix presser we're drafting o-line and Edwards will be the starter.

The new HC should be the one who makes that decision, but since he'll be another puppet who really knows.
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
        • Sep 2009

I think we have to wait for the new HC before making a QB decision. If you listen to the whole video, Buddy said it would be up to the coaches.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

He didn't say Edwards. He said all 3 of the QBs are still ours and it will be up to the head coach what he wants to do with them. That could mean Brohm or even Fitzpatrick ( )

Comment

• realdealryan
            realdealrex
            • Nov 2005

Uh, this was just a presser and a "we need a better o-line" talking point.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by realdealryan
              He talked about it some more here....

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by realdealryan
                He was addressing Edwards if not by name. Watch it.

If Cowher comes in here and says Fitzpatrick is our guy I'd be okay with that. I just want someone with a brain making the decisions.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

I would think that would be up to the coach. Calm down bro

Comment

• Akhippo
                    • Nov 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    He was addressing Edwards if not by name. Watch it.

If Cowher comes in here and says Fitzpatrick is our guy I'd be okay with that. I just want someone with a brain making the decisions.
                    If all he had to choose between was dumb and dumber, yeah i would hope he would pick dumb.

But if it was Fitz over betterQBa or betterQBb that we had a chance to get, that would be upsetting.

If its a scenario like Carolina where Fox stuck with Delhomme inspite of the team; upsetting.
                    Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Watch the last 2 minutes of the presser. I believe Edwards gets his job back next year. Nix addressed poor line play and how a guy lost his confidence.

So are you guys going to be *****ing if our new GM and coach insert Edwards as the starter?
                      IMO Edwards doesn't have the skills, OL or no OL he does not have what it takes to become a Franchise QB, if one is available in the draft or FA that they like they will take him.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

1.) Bradford
                        2.) Clausen
                        3.) Edwards

If we can't get #1 or #2, I'm fine with option #3. Tebow would make a fine #4 option for when Trent gets injured, that's if we can get him at good value.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

He also said you need a QB who can cut threw the wind in Buffalo and I don't think Fitzpatrick or Edwards can do that on a consistent basis.

Comment

• McBFLO
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                            He didn't say Edwards. He said all 3 of the QBs are still ours and it will be up to the head coach what he wants to do with them. That could mean Brohm or even Fitzpatrick ( )
                            You're right in that he didn't name any of the QBs specifically. But, he basically gave it away as soon as he started talking about confidence. That was never an issue with Fitz, but it was the obvious hurdle for Edwards.

Also, I interpreted his comments on giving the coaches a "chance with these guys" to mean nothing more than something along the lines of giving the coaches a chance to evaluate the QBs, possibly an offseason minicamp. Nix has a track record of drafting QBs with the intention of building the franchise around them, at least in SD anyway.
                            Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Lotta time between now and opening day next season...a lot can happen. Don't sweat the small stuff.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X