PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Draftniks

ServoBillieves
01-01-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm no number cruncher and know we're up near the 7th or 8th pick right now, but what is the general scope of where we'd be drafting (position x to y) heading in to the postseason. If you don't know what I mean, it's an issue of if teams yada yada yada win/lose/we win/they lose/they win et cetera. I have a mock drawn up but don't know if my first rounder would be available if we move back in the draft.

Thanks! Also, it's better than 20 threads about the same thing eh?

Ingtar33
01-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm no number cruncher and know we're up near the 7th or 8th pick right now, but what is the general scope of where we'd be drafting (position x to y) heading in to the postseason. If you don't know what I mean, it's an issue of if teams yada yada yada win/lose/we win/they lose/they win et cetera. I have a mock drawn up but don't know if my first rounder would be available if we move back in the draft.

Thanks! Also, it's better than 20 threads about the same thing eh?

I think we're locked into 8th or 9th in the draft... unless strength of schedule swings wildly in the last week. trick is we're playing the 14-1 colts so our strength of schedule will just get stronger.. and our draft position will get lower.

the only way we drop lower then 8th i think is if all the other 5-10 teams win and we lose, even then i don't think we'll draft any lower then 7th (the 4 win teams winning won't cause us to fall lower then them, because they all have horrible strength of schedule, so baring some weirdness, 7th is probably as low as it will get).

If we win against Indy... we'll probably fall back to around 10th... so...

lose on sunday and the best we can do is 7th
win on sunday and the best we'll do is around 10th.

win or lose we'll end up drafting somewhere between 7th and 10th (yes.. it IS possible for us to LOSE on Sunday and fall back 1 position to 9th).

currently we're sitting at 8th

Buddo
01-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Unless I'm very much mistaken, the lowest we will be picking is 10th, regardless of winning on Sunday. As Ingtar has pointed out, even if the other teams on 4 wins get a result, and we lose, because strength of schedule is the first determining factor in the event of a tied record, we aren't likely to be able to move up more than one (two max) spots, from our current position at 8th. The 'spread' is probably 7-10.