PDA

View Full Version : Good job LSU

psubills62
01-01-2010, 03:42 PM
On a good season and a great game. That field was HORRIBLE. I'm amazed there weren't any major injuries.

Anyone else watch that game? Man, I was worried sick that PSU gave LSU enough time to get a FG, especially with a kicker as reliable as Jasper. PSU should have gotten TD's at least one of the trips inside the 10 yard line. Very, very bad red zone offense for PSU.

With Northwestern taking Auburn to overtime, I wonder if the "SEC rox" bandwagoners can admit that the Big Ten is at least competitive with the SEC?

tampabay25690
01-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Big 10 had to show something and they have....
They look competitive and that northwestern vs Auburn game was great I was there and NW was a very fisty team....

Field was unplayable in Orlando....That definitely favored Penn St but wont say the weather is the reason Penn St won at all.....

I always think the BIG 10 is competitive, and we are talking getting ready for 1 game and not a whole season.....Anyone can get up for a game in a BOWL or at least some teams can...

Congrats to the Big Ten for showing up in the Bowl games today..

Ingtar33
01-01-2010, 05:36 PM
the Pac 10 is getting slaughtered this year.

If USC doesn't get their bowl game gift wrapped for them by the refs the Pac-10 would be laying a goose egg

Looks like the Mountain West will have a better bowl record then both the Pac-10 and Big-10 this year.

Night Train
01-01-2010, 08:00 PM
I see LSU coach Les Miles continues to be the Dick Jauron of college football, when it comes to clock management.

psubills62
01-01-2010, 10:33 PM

If USC doesn't get their bowl game gift wrapped for them by the refs the Pac-10 would be laying a goose egg

Looks like the Mountain West will have a better bowl record then both the Pac-10 and Big-10 this year.

And if the SEC didn't get Cincinnati and Texas gift-wrapped and handed to them as the easiest matchups possible in BCS play, then maybe they wouldn't be doing so hot either.

Pac-10 has really fallen off from the 5-0 or whatever they were last year. Arizona getting shut out? Oregon State getting dominated? Oregon not having an offense? Ouch.

psubills62
01-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Big 10 had to show something and they have....
They look competitive and that northwestern vs Auburn game was great I was there and NW was a very fisty team....

Field was unplayable in Orlando....That definitely favored Penn St but wont say the weather is the reason Penn St won at all.....

I always think the BIG 10 is competitive, and we are talking getting ready for 1 game and not a whole season.....Anyone can get up for a game in a BOWL or at least some teams can...

Congrats to the Big Ten for showing up in the Bowl games today..

I was absolutely amazed that Northwestern came back to tie that game, was busy watching PSU. It's sad that Northwestern had such a lousy kicker (great power, horrible accuracy), otherwise they should have won that game.

Well, both teams had to play on a crappy field. Drops by LSU WR's cost them more than anything, although PSU's CRAPPY red zone defense sure cost them.

I'd also like to throw in congrats to the Buckeyes. Thanks for finally getting the Big Ten over the hump in that darned Rose Bowl. Too bad it wasn't a beat down of USC, would rather have seen that.

tampabay25690
01-01-2010, 10:41 PM
I was absolutely amazed that Northwestern came back to tie that game, was busy watching PSU. It's sad that Northwestern had such a lousy kicker (great power, horrible accuracy), otherwise they should have won that game.

Well, both teams had to play on a crappy field. Drops by LSU WR's cost them more than anything, although PSU's CRAPPY red zone defense sure cost them.

I'd also like to throw in congrats to the Buckeyes. Thanks for finally getting the Big Ten over the hump in that darned Rose Bowl. Too bad it wasn't a beat down of USC, would rather have seen that.

Ohio St was strong and represented well.....
Outback Bowl was fun but the NW fans did not show up to represent...

psubills62
01-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Ohio St was strong and represented well.....
Outback Bowl was fun but the NW fans did not show up to represent...

That's one reason I'm surprised NW got picked for that bowl. They never travel well to bowl games.

tampabay25690
01-01-2010, 11:02 PM
That's one reason I'm surprised NW got picked for that bowl. They never travel well to bowl games.

I was hoping Wisconsin instead they travel very well

Slim
01-02-2010, 01:47 PM

UCLA won.

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 02:23 PM
UCLA won.

Oh yea they played in the we are barely .500 bowl game??

Slim
01-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Oh yea they played in the we are barely .500 bowl game??

Irrelevant. I'm just pointing out that the PAC 10 wouldnt lay a complete goose egg if USC wouldn't have won.
Pac 10 has had a horrible bowl season.

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Irrelevant. I'm just pointing out that the PAC 10 wouldnt lay a complete goose egg if USC wouldn't have won.
Pac 10 has had a horrible bowl season.

I know....
Hey its tuff in College football to have to play a game say 3-4 weeks after your season ends...You never know what teams will show up and play..