PDA

View Full Version : Nix promotion not popular, but definitely sensible

patmoran2006
01-02-2010, 01:31 AM
This is a good article about Buddy Nix by Brain Galliford, I didnt get a chance to post it yesterday. He gets into a lot of valid points.

While I attest that I dont like the hire, I will wait to see what kind of coach we bring in before jumping down Niagara Falls.

Anyway, I think this is a sound read.

STORY (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/nix-promotion-not-popular-but-definitely-sensible/)

clumping platelets
01-02-2010, 02:12 AM
before jumping down Niagara Falls.

STORY (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/nix-promotion-not-popular-but-definitely-sensible/)

We need this on YouTube!!! :jig:

bob86
01-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Nice article.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I would disagree with one point -- the selection process was a “popularity contest” and the only judge in the contest was Ralph.

The choice of Nix may or may not be a wise one, time will tell. But we should not kid ourselves into thinking the procedure used to pick Nix was some well thought out and highly refined business process. According to Ralph at the PC, he was given a list of names and after seeing Nix’s name Wilson said something like Spicolli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High “Hey, I know that dude” and bam the Bills had a new GM.

I am not saying that Nix does not have experience or qualifications, he clearly does. I am also sure Ralph was aware of Nix's experience and qualifications. But its plain his selection process will not be taught at the Harvard Business School as a model for executive selection.

The Jokeman
01-02-2010, 07:17 AM
Nix, outside of Modrak who I have a feeling doesn't want the job based on prior disucssion, was probably the best in house candidate for the job. Yet the sad part is there are probably much better candidates outside the organization yet because of Wilson's trust issues they weren't explored.

yordad
01-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Nix, outside of Modrak who I have a feeling doesn't want the job based on prior disucssion, was probably the best in house candidate for the job. Yet the sad part is there are probably much better candidates outside the organization yet because of Wilson's trust issues they weren't explored.Ralph hinted that it came down to Nix and Modrak, and after thinking about it he chose Nix.

Personally, I like the hire. He is as good as anyone available that I could tell. And, I think he cares.