PDA

View Full Version : HC search / candidates

YardRat
01-02-2010, 10:00 AM
I believe Nix stated they were going to take three candidates to Ralph...does that mean they are only going to interview three, or narrow down the list from several interviews/contacts and go from there?

If they pare down the list sans actual interviews, do we already have the three candidates in Cowher, Fewell and Rivera?

Nighthawk
01-02-2010, 10:11 AM
I believe Nix stated they were going to take three candidates to Ralph...does that mean they are only going to interview three, or narrow down the list from several interviews/contacts and go from there?

If they pare down the list sans actual interviews, do we already have the three candidates in Cowher, Fewell and Rivera?

That would pretty much work hand-in-hand with the mediocrity that is this franchise. In all seriousness, Fewell should not even be considered...and if Nix is seriously considering him, then it proves that this guy is no smarter then anybody else in the franchise.

YardRat
01-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Fewell is going to at least get a token interview, if he hasn't already...He took the interim tag on the condition that he would.

Nighthawk
01-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Fewell is going to at least get a token interview, if he hasn't already...He took the interim tag on the condition that he would.

I hear ya, but he doesn't deserve it.

Michael82
01-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Nix said that there is a bigger list and after some interviews, it will be pared down to 2 or 3. He also said that he looks at the list like a draft list. You go for your top guy first and work your way down. You can also stop looking before you go thru your whole list too, if the top coach you want is available and wants to come here.

yordad
01-02-2010, 11:20 AM
I do not believe Rivera is near the top of that list.

DraftBoy
01-02-2010, 11:24 AM
I do not believe Rivera is near the top of that list.

And you say this because?

yordad
01-02-2010, 11:53 AM
And you say this because?Shouldn't I given a reason to believe rather than visa versa?

Typ0
01-02-2010, 01:38 PM
If Fewell is the best guy they can get it would be a mistake not to hire him. Of all the new guys on the market he might be one of the better options.