X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

People to watch today

Some good college players playing today you should watch. Jason Pierre Paul is playing for South Florida right now on ESPN. He is a DE and should be a 1st round draft pick along with George Selvie on the other side of the line.

Eric Norwood of South Carolina (listed as a linebacker but id call him a DE) will also be playing today. I have a tough time figuring out where he'll go but id think late 2nd at the latest. check these guys out
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: People to watch today

sorry make that ESPN 2

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

Also, if youre a gambling man, pound the piss out of South Carolina -3.5 over Uconn. I have it capped at about S.C -9. My other lock was Florida last night. Also a strong lean on Arkansas today

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

UCONN has lost every game this year by 5 or less, that's a big step to call it a lock for South Carolina to cover given Stephen Garcia's consistency issues.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          UCONN has lost every game this year by 5 or less, that's a big step to call it a lock for South Carolina to cover given Stephen Garcia's consistency issues.
          Spurrier will have a game plan that will make it easy for Garcia to succeed. You dont give this guy that much time to develop a game plan. As far losing by 5 or less that doesnt matter to me. Cincy hadnt lost to anybody and i pounded florida -13. In betting bowl games, conference strength (despite what some people say) is a HUGE factor. Lets face it, the Big East is weak and the SEC is the best conference hands down. Look what the Big East has done so far. Pitt eeked out a win against an average ACC team in North Carolina, West Va got beat (as the favorite) by another average at best ACC team Florida State. The best Big East team (cincy) got their doors blown off by Florida. These are not the only factors calculated when capping, but in response to your specific doubt, i would answer this way. Im not using the "L" word, but i feel very strong about this game and as i mentioned in a thread before, i havent paid my bookie in 3 years.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

also, that gator team that destroyed Cincy, beat south carolina by only 10 at the swamp. ill be surprised if Uconn scores over 14 points today

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

one thing that does concern me a little, and i do mean only a little, is i noticed some reverse line movement. The majority is on S Carolina and the line went from -4 to -3.5. when the majority is on one team the line should be going in the same direction until the betting public is near even (as you know). this line movement we see here is inviting more people to bet S Carolina which means the books like that action. its still not enough movement to raise a red flag though for me
              Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 01-02-2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

well at least i dont look foolish right now. they look like crap!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

also, Okung is playing also right now

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                    • Mar 2005

UCONN came to play

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

I know many here don't like J. Snead but I do. Big kid with a big arm and can make all the throws. Needs work on his accuracy but I would love to see the Bills take him in the 2nd rd.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                        • Jun 2009

Damn, you see that run by McCluster. This is another kid that is tough as hell. I would love to see him on the Bills also. Would be a great 3rd down back.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                          Some good college players playing today you should watch. Jason Pierre Paul is playing for South Florida right now on ESPN. He is a DE and should be a 1st round draft pick along with George Selvie on the other side of the line.

Eric Norwood of South Carolina (listed as a linebacker but id call him a DE) will also be playing today. I have a tough time figuring out where he'll go but id think late 2nd at the latest. check these guys out
                          Lock huh.
                          I worked in the handicapp business before why SC as a lock??
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                            one thing that does concern me a little, and i do mean only a little, is i noticed some reverse line movement. The majority is on S Carolina and the line went from -4 to -3.5. when the majority is on one team the line should be going in the same direction until the betting public is near even (as you know). this line movement we see here is inviting more people to bet S Carolina which means the books like that action. its still not enough movement to raise a red flag though for me
                            Line movement has been huge...

Yesterday was HUGE

You had the whole country on Auburn, LSU, and Oregon.
                            If you went opposite like I did you would have been fine.
                            Always go against the country in the majority in betting. Thats all I will give you on that.
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                              • Jun 2009

Lsu was a cover depending on the line you got. and if you played it right you got a middle.

Comment

Working...
                              X