PDA

View Full Version : People to watch today

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Some good college players playing today you should watch. Jason Pierre Paul is playing for South Florida right now on ESPN. He is a DE and should be a 1st round draft pick along with George Selvie on the other side of the line.

Eric Norwood of South Carolina (listed as a linebacker but id call him a DE) will also be playing today. I have a tough time figuring out where he'll go but id think late 2nd at the latest. check these guys out

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 11:31 AM
sorry make that ESPN 2

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Also, if youre a gambling man, pound the piss out of South Carolina -3.5 over Uconn. I have it capped at about S.C -9. My other lock was Florida last night. Also a strong lean on Arkansas today

DraftBoy
01-02-2010, 11:37 AM
UCONN has lost every game this year by 5 or less, that's a big step to call it a lock for South Carolina to cover given Stephen Garcia's consistency issues.

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 11:53 AM
UCONN has lost every game this year by 5 or less, that's a big step to call it a lock for South Carolina to cover given Stephen Garcia's consistency issues.

Spurrier will have a game plan that will make it easy for Garcia to succeed. You dont give this guy that much time to develop a game plan. As far losing by 5 or less that doesnt matter to me. Cincy hadnt lost to anybody and i pounded florida -13. In betting bowl games, conference strength (despite what some people say) is a HUGE factor. Lets face it, the Big East is weak and the SEC is the best conference hands down. Look what the Big East has done so far. Pitt eeked out a win against an average ACC team in North Carolina, West Va got beat (as the favorite) by another average at best ACC team Florida State. The best Big East team (cincy) got their doors blown off by Florida. These are not the only factors calculated when capping, but in response to your specific doubt, i would answer this way. Im not using the "L" word, but i feel very strong about this game and as i mentioned in a thread before, i havent paid my bookie in 3 years.

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 11:56 AM
also, that gator team that destroyed Cincy, beat south carolina by only 10 at the swamp. ill be surprised if Uconn scores over 14 points today

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 12:18 PM
one thing that does concern me a little, and i do mean only a little, is i noticed some reverse line movement. The majority is on S Carolina and the line went from -4 to -3.5. when the majority is on one team the line should be going in the same direction until the betting public is near even (as you know). this line movement we see here is inviting more people to bet S Carolina which means the books like that action. its still not enough movement to raise a red flag though for me

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 02:01 PM
well at least i dont look foolish right now. they look like crap!

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 02:02 PM
also, Okung is playing also right now

LtFinFan66
01-02-2010, 02:06 PM
UCONN came to play

k-oneputt
01-02-2010, 02:09 PM
I know many here don't like J. Snead but I do. Big kid with a big arm and can make all the throws. Needs work on his accuracy but I would love to see the Bills take him in the 2nd rd.

k-oneputt
01-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Damn, you see that run by McCluster. This is another kid that is tough as hell. I would love to see him on the Bills also. Would be a great 3rd down back.

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Some good college players playing today you should watch. Jason Pierre Paul is playing for South Florida right now on ESPN. He is a DE and should be a 1st round draft pick along with George Selvie on the other side of the line.

Eric Norwood of South Carolina (listed as a linebacker but id call him a DE) will also be playing today. I have a tough time figuring out where he'll go but id think late 2nd at the latest. check these guys out

Lock huh.
I worked in the handicapp business before why SC as a lock??

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 02:51 PM
one thing that does concern me a little, and i do mean only a little, is i noticed some reverse line movement. The majority is on S Carolina and the line went from -4 to -3.5. when the majority is on one team the line should be going in the same direction until the betting public is near even (as you know). this line movement we see here is inviting more people to bet S Carolina which means the books like that action. its still not enough movement to raise a red flag though for me

Line movement has been huge...

Yesterday was HUGE

You had the whole country on Auburn, LSU, and Oregon.
If you went opposite like I did you would have been fine.
Always go against the country in the majority in betting. Thats all I will give you on that.

k-oneputt
01-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Lsu was a cover depending on the line you got. and if you played it right you got a middle.

Mike in Syracuse
01-02-2010, 03:55 PM

Are you working with that Mitch guy that told everyone to bet the Fins heavily against the Bills?

X-Era
01-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Damn, you see that run by McCluster. This is another kid that is tough as hell. I would love to see him on the Bills also. Would be a great 3rd down back.

Im at work, so I cant watch, but Ive seen him before. He can also return, so we could get rid of Parrish.

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 04:25 PM
also, that gator team that destroyed Cincy, beat south carolina by only 10 at the swamp. ill be surprised if Uconn scores over 14 points today

What does that have to do with it???
Tenn should have beat Bama???
Auburn should have beat Bama.
So does that mean Fl should have beat Bama..
Every game is different week to week.

It all depends on MOMENTUM and trends...

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Most will be watching Ryan Mallett today just started..

Jersey1031
01-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Also, if youre a gambling man, pound the piss out of South Carolina -3.5 over Uconn. I have it capped at about S.C -9.

UCONNNNN!!!

would have been a shutout if it weren't for a very late td by sc...

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 05:14 PM
What does that have to do with it???
Tenn should have beat Bama???
Auburn should have beat Bama.
So does that mean Fl should have beat Bama..
Every game is different week to week.

It all depends on MOMENTUM and trends...

wow man calm down. im not going to come in here and give you a write up after a game i lost. i as well, as many cappers i respect were high on this game. i have my reasons. they just didnt show up however on offenes at all. dont preach after the fact. as far as my comparison, draftboy made a comment about uconn only losing by less than 5 in every game, and i was simply stating the difference in conferences. those teams that uconn were "barely" losing to were the likes of rutgers (who lost to syracuse). i know its week to week, and i dont hang my bets up on this, power of conferences has a lot to do with betting bowls since teams that usually meet in bowls rarely, if ever play each other. You have to put a lot of stock into the level of competition each different squad faces. Most of my reasons for south carolina today, were more based on how they play. Uconn is a power running team, which plays into the strength of South Carolina. I have many other reason for bettng like i did but it was more so reasons like this which led to my decision, not purely strength of conference (or who beat who like you seem to think). Im not worried though, ill make it all back on Arkansas against ECU.

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Lock huh.
I worked in the handicapp business before why SC as a lock??

i never said lock....youre probably one of those guys who trolls around gambling site message boards who critcizes people after they lose a game....do you think id have a job if i was always right?

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 05:20 PM
i looked back, i did say lock but quickly took it back in the next post. i didnt mean to use that term bc any smart gambler hates that word. i did like that bet however. oh well

Jersey1031
01-02-2010, 05:26 PM
wow man calm down. im not going to come in here and give you a write up after a game i lost. i as well, as many cappers i respect were high on this game. i have my reasons. they just didnt show up however on offenes at all. dont preach after the fact. as far as my comparison, draftboy made a comment about uconn only losing by less than 5 in every game, and i was simply stating the difference in conferences. those teams that uconn were "barely" losing to were the likes of rutgers (who lost to syracuse). i know its week to week, and i dont hang my bets up on this, power of conferences has a lot to do with betting bowls since teams that usually meet in bowls rarely, if ever play each other. You have to put a lot of stock into the level of competition each different squad faces. Most of my reasons for south carolina today, were more based on how they play. Uconn is a power running team, which plays into the strength of South Carolina. I have many other reason for bettng like i did but it was more so reasons like this which led to my decision, not purely strength of conference (or who beat who like you seem to think). Im not worried though, ill make it all back on Arkansas against ECU.

uconn lost 5 games by a TOTAL of 15 points this season, 3 per game for the slow. while we did lose to rutgers, we also lost to a #12 unc by two, cincinati by 2 at cincy (top 10), wvu and pitt (both ranked), who were ranked all year. people can bash the big east all they want but explain how we have 3-4 ranked teams consistently... and not to mention; uconn went on to lose 3 straights games after our starting CB jasper howard was murdered.

so waah waahh waahhhh

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 05:27 PM
uconn lost 5 games by a TOTAL of 15 points this season, 3 per game for the slow. while we did lose to rutgers, we also lost to a #12 unc by two, cincinati by 2 at cincy, wvu and pitt, who were ranked all year. people can bash the big east all they want but explain how we have 3-4 ranked teams consistently... and not to mention; uconn went on to lose 3 straights games after our starting CB jasper howard was murdered.

so waah waahh waahhhh

wow dude..? im not crying about anything...why are you getting so mad and being diick?

LtFinFan66
01-02-2010, 05:28 PM
also, that gator team that destroyed Cincy, beat south carolina by only 10 at the swamp. ill be surprised if Uconn scores over 14 points todaygood call:rofl:

Jersey1031
01-02-2010, 05:31 PM
wow dude..? im not crying about anything...why are you getting so mad and being diick?

doing neither, just tired of people disrespecting my alma mater and conference. just stating the facts, i apologize if the tone which i meant to convey my message was a bit unrecognizable.

just sayin, point is we have no talent base and have only been fbs for 6-7 years and we've been to 4 bowls (won 3) and won the big east once

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 05:35 PM
good call:rofl:

huh...? they scored 20, therefore i am surprised...what are you getting at...

LtFinFan66
01-02-2010, 05:36 PM
huh...? they scored 20, im surprised...what are you getting at...well I am quite sure when you said that....you didn't expect SC to only score 7. Hope you didn't lose too much $$ on that

Oh...and maybe man-up and admit you were wrong :up:

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 05:45 PM
well I am quite sure when you said that....you didn't expect SC to only score 7. Hope you didn't lose too much $$ on that

Oh...and maybe man-up and admit you were wrong :up:

if i did expect that, do you think i would have bet them? I didnt expect Uconn to really score. For the most part they wouldnt have if it wasnt for dumb ass turnovers by SC....I thought I basically did admit i was wrong already when i said i look foolish...plus, why the hell am i on trial here? i made one comment, draft boy questioned me, i answered him and all of the sudden the dicks are coming out of the woodwork to criticize a bet after the fact. i started this thread to talk about potential draft picks who were playing today.

LtFinFan66
01-02-2010, 05:56 PM
no need to get defensive

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 06:14 PM
well when you tell me to admit im wrong, what do you think that is going to cause me to do

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 06:18 PM
good call:rofl:

and when you write that...dont get all passive aggressive

LtFinFan66
01-02-2010, 07:40 PM
well when you tell me to admit im wrong, what do you think that is going to cause me to dooh...I don't know....maybe something along the lines of "UConn was better than I thought and I give them credit for their game today"

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 09:53 PM
i never said lock....youre probably one of those guys who trolls around gambling site message boards who critcizes people after they lose a game....do you think id have a job if i was always right?

Definitely not 1 of those guys, I don't need too. I can pick games with the best of them and use to pick em even better when thats all I did. You win some and lose some I know that. When you come on here and say lock thats whats going to happen. I have my so called locks and I only tell a certain amt of people that I know. I worked in the business for a while and it was the most stress I ever had in my life. You are a superstar when you are right and someone wants to ALWAYS criticize when you are wrong.
I Never criticize anyone for losing a game..
I have lost my share trust me.
I hope u didnt hit Arkansas hard, I had ECU with the pts..

k-oneputt
01-02-2010, 09:58 PM
FD, you are talking to people who don't wager, thus they all hope you lose. We all know you can't win them all so don't pay any attention to the losers.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Ryan Mallet didnt really look that impressive today
how did Tony Pike play the other night?

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 10:14 PM
oh...I don't know....maybe something along the lines of "UConn was better than I thought and I give them credit for their game today"

i admitted i look like a fool, that wasnt good enough for you? now how about you admit youve never bet a game in your life and youre just being a dick now? i wasnt selling my picks with this thread. should professional gamblers who have sites up for their picks go back and apologize for their losers? as stated by the guy a couple of posts ago, people who pull the crap youre pulling have never bet before and do not understand how hard it is to pick winners. dude quit being a dick for the sake of being a dick

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 10:17 PM
i admitted i look like a fool, that wasnt good enough for you? now how about you admit youve never bet a game in your life and youre just being a dick now?
HA HA HA

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 10:19 PM

Mallett didnt look that impressive???
He looked terrible.
Pike looked fair, pressured all nite, hard to look at him because 2nd half FL just played zone.

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Definitely not 1 of those guys, I don't need too. I can pick games with the best of them and use to pick em even better when thats all I did. You win some and lose some I know that. When you come on here and say lock thats whats going to happen. I have my so called locks and I only tell a certain amt of people that I know. I worked in the business for a while and it was the most stress I ever had in my life. You are a superstar when you are right and someone wants to ALWAYS criticize when you are wrong.
I Never criticize anyone for losing a game..
I have lost my share trust me.
I hope u didnt hit Arkansas hard, I had ECU with the pts..

na i teased it with tex tech so im still looking good

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 10:20 PM
i admitted i look like a fool, that wasnt good enough for you? now how about you admit youve never bet a game in your life and youre just being a dick now? i wasnt selling my picks with this thread. should professional gamblers who have sites up for their picks go back and apologize for their losers? as stated by the guy a couple of posts ago, people who pull the crap youre pulling have never bet before and do not understand how hard it is to pick winners. dude quit being a dick for the sake of being a dick

Dutchman who are u taking in the rest of your games??
I will take opposite....J/K really who do u like as of right now

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 10:21 PM
na i teased it with tex tech so im still looking good

TEASE the sucker BET

LtFinFan66
01-02-2010, 10:23 PM
i admitted i look like a fool, that wasnt good enough for you? now how about you admit youve never bet a game in your life and youre just being a dick now? i wasnt selling my picks with this thread. should professional gamblers who have sites up for their picks go back and apologize for their losers? as stated by the guy a couple of posts ago, people who pull the crap youre pulling have never bet before and do not understand how hard it is to pick winners. dude quit being a dick for the sake of being a dickwhatever you want to think. You were putting your personal thoughts out there and can't handle being called on them...and I'm being a dick...:rofl:

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 10:23 PM
TEASE the sucker BET

yeah dude i agree. i always preach against teasing but the confidence has been takin a hit. bowl season has been tough so far so im getting all the points i can

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 10:25 PM
whatever you want to think. You were putting your personal thoughts out there and can't handle being called on them...and I'm being a dick...:rofl:

personal thoughts? i mentioned one thing just trying to start conversation, i lost, and youre acting like a dick..seriously...whats your deal?...you just sit back and call people out? did i start a thread that says "winners for sale"? at least im not bald hahahaha

LtFinFan66
01-02-2010, 10:27 PM
personal thoughts? i mentioned one thing just trying to start conversation, i lost, and youre acting like a dick..seriously...whats your deal? at least im not bald hahahahayou may want to chill with the name calling...no need for that....just saying. And as far as being bald...ouch, that hurts:up:

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Dutchman who are u taking in the rest of your games??
I will take opposite....J/K really who do u like as of right now

i really do like bama thursday night. Texas is too one dimensional for a defense like bama

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 10:29 PM
you may want to chill with the name calling...no need for that....just saying. And as far as being bald...ouch, that hurts:up:

money can be replaced...especially when youre up 2k on the season:jam:...hair not so much without spending 2k

LtFinFan66
01-02-2010, 10:32 PM
money can be replaced...especially when youre up 2k on the season:jam:...hair not so much without spending 2ktrust me...I look better without hair anyway so I am good

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
trust me...I look better without hair anyway so I am good

if that makes you feel better then whatever you say

LtFinFan66
01-02-2010, 10:34 PM
if that makes you feel better than whatever you say:rofl: You make me laugh...thanks

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 10:35 PM
yeah dude i agree. i always preach against teasing but the confidence has been takin a hit. bowl season has been tough so far so im getting all the points i can

Go against the country if all the $$ is 1 sided go opposite..
Remember VEGAS always wins.....

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 10:36 PM
i really do like bama thursday night. Texas is too one dimensional for a defense like bama

As of today I like Bama as well but I think everyone does to.
Havent made up my mind yet what I will do.
I like Iowa in the Orange Bowl as of right now..

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Go against the country if all the $$ is 1 sided go opposite..
Remember VEGAS always wins.....

yeah i hear ya man, vegas wasnt built on winners. i dont give much respect to the big 12, especially when theyre playing the SEC. Most Big 12 defenses are garbage (besides Oklahoma) and big 12 offenses are usually one dimensional spread offenses who struggle against teams who can play defense. I won money on Mississippi today against Okla state, won money on mississippi last year when they played tex tech when everyone thought they were amazing, and won off florida against oklahoma in the national championship. SEC owns big 12

FlyingDutchman
01-02-2010, 10:40 PM
:rofl: You make me laugh...thanks

i guess having humor about it is all you can do so laugh it up

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 10:43 PM
yeah i hear ya man, vegas wasnt built on winners. i dont give much respect to the big 12, especially when theyre playing the SEC. Most Big 12 defenses are garbage (besides Oklahoma) and big 12 offenses are usually one dimensional spread offenses who struggle against teams who can play defense. I won money on Mississippi today against Okla state, won money on mississippi last year when they played tex tech when everyone thought they were amazing, and won off florida against oklahoma in the national championship. SEC owns big 12

Yea I hear you ..
I look at all aspects....

Ingtar33
01-02-2010, 10:49 PM

Mallet looked terrible

Pike looked like he always looks. a marginal 3rd round pick.

tampabay25690
01-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Mallet looked terrible

Pike looked like he always looks. a marginal 3rd round pick.

You think 3rd round huh..
I will be surprised if so.
He will make a great clip board holder in the NFL though IMO...

LtFinFan66
01-03-2010, 01:41 AM
i guess having humor about it is all you can do so laugh it upwhatever man....you take message board stuff way too serious. I mean really....it's call a sense of humor and thick skin....look into it and life will be much more fun

DraftBoy
01-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Tough luck in the South Carolina game. It was a tough pick either anyways. Hope the rest of your picks have been doing well for you.