PDA

View Full Version : Local Ch.2 Did Say Billick, Rivera & Brian Schotty

Night Train
01-02-2010, 07:49 PM
..to receive interviews this coming week (on the 6PM local news tonight)

I know various threads have posted or speculated on these names but those 3 were mentioned as candidates the Bills will interview.

Novacane
01-02-2010, 07:55 PM
I hope that's not the top 3 on Nixs' list.

Jaybird
01-02-2010, 08:03 PM
1 proven head coach of the group.. didnt Buddy say something about experience?!?

mikemac2001
01-02-2010, 08:06 PM
1 proven head coach of the group.. didnt Buddy say something about experience?!?

i like there getting 3 guys in right away hopefully cowher also after the season and maybe a couple more i think interviewing more is better

Night Train
01-02-2010, 08:07 PM

Yeah but some Canuck poster says he has a big ego and he sucks despite winning a SB, so he's out

:rolleyes:

Jaybird
01-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah but some Canuck poster says he has a big ego and he sucks despite winning a SB, so he's out

canuck comment a jab??

Night Train
01-02-2010, 08:20 PM
canuck comment a jab??

I was born in Toronto :rofl:

Nope, some canadian named poster went off on Billick this morning, based on a 3rd party opinion. Big ego and not that good, he stated.

I completely disagree. I've met Billick and find him to be uber smart and the victim of a bad draft pick in QB Kyle Boller. I remember Randall Cunningham going to Minny and saying he wishes Billick (his OC) would have been his first coach, since he taught him so much.

Guys like Ray Lewis, Sam Adams, Tony Saragusa etc. stated they'd run through a wall for the guy. He's a coach who challenges his locker room and has them ready to play.

He'd be my first choice from that short list. He can walk into a locker room, flash that big ring and say " let's get to work, boys " and no one will question him.

Nighthawk
01-02-2010, 08:23 PM
I would very much be in favor of Billick coming here...instant credibility.

Cleve
01-02-2010, 09:03 PM
I guess this disproves the notion that Cowher has committed to Buffalo - when he clearly hasn't.

Ebenezer
01-02-2010, 09:06 PM
I guess this disproves the notion that Cowher has committed to Buffalo - when he clearly hasn't.
I think it might prove that Cowher meant what he said that he won't talk until after the playoffs are done.

Nighthawk
01-02-2010, 09:10 PM

And who ever reported that Cowher committed to Buffalo? I may be confused, but I don't ever recall that happening?

Ingtar33
01-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Billick is the only passable one on the list.

Schott and Rivera are both junk.

Nighthawk
01-02-2010, 09:21 PM

Yep...this organization can't even target the right candidates!

Commissioner
01-02-2010, 09:28 PM

Jauron could of won a superbowl with that defense. What else has Billick done? When did the Ravens finally find a QB and have a good offense?? WHEN they fired Billick.

Nighthawk
01-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Jauron could of won a superbowl with that defense. What else has Billick done? When did the Ravens finally find a QB and have a good offense?? WHEN they fired Billick.

So, he gets not credit for that defense? Come on, man.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Nice I'm personally loving the candidates. Schotty, Rivera and Billick would all be great choices.

Commissioner
01-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Nice I'm personally loving the candidates. Schotty, Rivera and Billick would all be great choices.
Yeah... if you enjoy hiring new head coaches every 3 years.

Nighthawk
01-02-2010, 09:45 PM

The only legit candidate on that list is Billick, the others would be more mediocrity by this organization.

Ingtar33
01-02-2010, 09:47 PM
The only legit candidate on that list is Billick, the others would be more mediocrity by this organization.

yep... it's not even that Billick is an amazing choice either, i'd call him a "B+" class coach.

baalworship
01-02-2010, 10:01 PM
If Nix bases his hire upon the interview Billick will win the job. He not only worked in public relations but currently works in the media.

We know Rivera isn't a great interview as he has had like 10 and not got a job yet.

Schotty is a wild card but he is half Nix's age and that might not work in his favor. Plus I bet this is more a favor to his dad.

Nighthawk
01-02-2010, 10:03 PM
yep... it's not even that Billick is an amazing choice either, i'd call him a "B+" class coach.

Exactly...

Dying_-2-_Live
01-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Billick would be the best coach we have had here since Marv

PromoTheRobot
01-02-2010, 10:50 PM

On the celebrity scale or the coaching scale?

PTR

Canadian'eh!
01-03-2010, 09:34 AM

For those talking about me. I completely stand by what I said. I'd FAR rather take my chances with Jim Harbaugh, Grimm or Fraizer than Billick. He DC's were also brought in by Newsome, as were all his draft pick in Baltimore.

But despite my 3rd party opinion (which is my own from watching a lot of Baltimore games with my buddy who also thought Billick was a joke) I'm very confident the mood here will change if you end up seeing him coaching, instead of just recognizing his name.

ANd INgtar... B+ is very generous IMO. But he may be better than the other 2 by default anyway.

Canadian'eh!
01-03-2010, 09:35 AM
On the celebrity scale or the coaching scale?

PTR

exactly.

He's the new Dennis Green.

Canadian'eh!
01-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Billick would be the best coach we have had here since Marv

That's like saying Bledsoe was the best QB since Kelly.

Throne Logic
01-03-2010, 09:47 AM
This is Nix's first go at the interviewing process as GM. If it were me, I'd bring in a half dozen guys of varying experience and intelligence to improve my interviewing technique. Call it interview pre-season. I'd want to be on top of my game before bringing in the big dogs.