PDA

View Full Version : Bills Catch Potential Cowher Break, Part 2

patmoran2006
01-02-2010, 10:29 PM
This could end up being big news..

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/bills-catch-potential-cowher-break-part-2/

Dr. Lecter
01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Great news.

I am not sure Houston will fire Kubiak and am not sure Cowher wants to go to Dallas or Chicago.

SeatownBillsFan21
01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
I wont hold my.......

patmoran2006
01-02-2010, 10:34 PM
I wont hold my.......

Agreed. But its news that certainly doesnt hurt the cause

The Spaz
01-02-2010, 10:34 PM
I definitely don't see Cowher meshing with Jerry Jones. Although I would love to see Cowher choke the **** out of Jones on the sidelines.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-02-2010, 10:35 PM
This is excellent news... If Dallas wins atleast one playoff game, wade stays put
Kubiak is a great coach... deserves to stay put
Chicago...is just Chicago

LtFinFan66
01-02-2010, 10:36 PM
I thought this was part 1....so what was part 1 again:idunno:

BILLSROCK1212
01-02-2010, 10:37 PM
This could end up being big news..

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/bills-catch-potential-cowher-break-part-2/
best post by pat moran in a week...THANK YOU

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Maybe when Tampa reached out to Cowher they found out what the Bills were offering and said thanks, but no thanks. I hope the Bills are throwing the kitchen sink at Cowher. The Bills have already admitted that the GM was not the "Big Splash" the fan were looking for. Hopefully Russ, Jimbo, and Thurman are telling Ralph he will have to redeem the organization by landing Cowher to save face with the fans. One can have hope.

patmoran2006
01-02-2010, 10:46 PM
I think there are 3 very realistic things to be very scared of.

1- Houston: yes, Kubiak hasn't done a bad job, but he's had some time there and they havent made the playoffs, ever. If they lose to the Patriots they'll finish 8-8 for the third straight season under Kubiak. You can very reasonably argue that with the talent they have on both sides of the ball they should be better. Who says Houston will accept a 30-34 record from Kubiak in four years as head coach? Cowher would LOVE this job Im sure as many of the peices are still in place.

2. Chicago- I think it would take firing both Lovie Smith and the GM (Angelo) to get Cowher there (possibly) but don't rule it out.

3. Not coaching at all. If there isn't a job he's sold on, he VERY well could simply wait another year. Fox is probably a lame duck for Carolina and another crappy season probably means see ya to Morris in Tampa in 2011. Cowher is in a postion to wait if he wants.

So I wouldnt read TOO much into this, but those are the three main competition in my opinion and im VERY worried about Houston right now.

Nighthawk
01-02-2010, 10:49 PM
I think there are 3 very realistic things to be very scared of.

1- Houston: yes, Kubiak hasn't done a bad job, but he's had some time there and they havent made the playoffs, ever. If they lose to the Patriots they'll finish 8-8 for the third straight season under Kubiak. You can very reasonably argue that with the talent they have on both sides of the ball they should be better. Who says Houston will accept a 30-34 record from Kubiak in four years as head coach? Cowher would LOVE this job Im sure as many of the peices are still in place.

2. Chicago- I think it would take firing both Lovie Smith and the GM (Angelo) to get Cowher there (possibly) but don't rule it out.

3. Not coaching at all. If there isn't a job he's sold on, he VERY well could simply wait another year. Fox is probably a lame duck for Carolina and another crappy season probably means see ya to Morris in Tampa in 2011. Cowher is in a postion to wait if he wants.

So I wouldnt read TOO much into this, but those are the three main competition in my opinion and im VERY worried about Houston right now.

Good point about Houston and going back to CBS. Chicago is not going to happen...they owe Lovie way too much money to eat.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-02-2010, 10:50 PM
I just hope the Bills SERIOUSLY want Cowher

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-02-2010, 10:52 PM
I hope when you post part 3, it will Bill Cowher signs with Buffalo for 5 years 55 million.:beers:

patmoran2006
01-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Good point about Houston and going back to CBS. Chicago is not going to happen...they owe Lovie way too much money to eat.

I tend to agree about chicago, they'd also have to fire their GM as he has way too much say in decisions for Cowher's liking.

Im very very nervous about Houston.. Who wouldnt want to go there? They have a Pro Bowl QB, one of the best WR in football and no less than 3 solid pro bowlers on defense (Williams, Cushing, Ryans) among others to build around.

I REALLY hope they beat New England to finish 9-7, he could be coaching for his job.

clumping platelets
01-02-2010, 11:09 PM
No way he'd go to Dallas because he would not have any control

BillsWin
01-02-2010, 11:18 PM
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

BillsWin
01-02-2010, 11:24 PM
I just hate how all along we have been saying Carolina and Tampa were the two teams we had to worry about before Cowher would come here. Then Fox is retained. but wait just one minute, we still need to worry about Tampa.

Then Tampa is out of the picture and now three more teams spring up as competition???

Come on! Can the Bills never catch a break?

The way I see it is if Cowher really has been in contact with Buffalo over the past two weeks, and he really is interested and impressed by Buffalo and Ralph is really willing to spend 10-12 million a year. Then why not?

patmoran2006
01-02-2010, 11:39 PM
I just hate how all along we have been saying Carolina and Tampa were the two teams we had to worry about before Cowher would come here. Then Fox is retained. but wait just one minute, we still need to worry about Tampa.

Then Tampa is out of the picture and now three more teams spring up as competition???

Come on! Can the Bills never catch a break?

The way I see it is if Cowher really has been in contact with Buffalo over the past two weeks, and he really is interested and impressed by Buffalo and Ralph is really willing to spend 10-12 million a year. Then why not?

he'll evaluate to see if there are better situations.

You're taking a fan point of view, not his.

If you had your choice with all things equal, you gonna take over the Buffalo or Houston football program? What team is closer to competiting?

patmoran2006
01-02-2010, 11:40 PM
At the end of the day more than anything, its going to come down to two things.

1- Does he trust Ralph Wilson to give him what he needs in terms of coaches and talent.

2- Is he up the challenge of rebuilding a team that in some big ways (QB, LT) will have to start from scratch.

BillsWin
01-02-2010, 11:51 PM
he'll evaluate to see if there are better situations.

You're taking a fan point of view, not his.

If you had your choice with all things equal, you gonna take over the Buffalo or Houston football program? What team is closer to competiting?

Sometimes it is hard to separate fan view from reality. Taking everything into account Houston trumps Buffalo at this point in time unless challenge, fanbase, proximity to family and pride were the highest values on my mind.

As for players in place, monetary situation, owner, and overall situation Houston is the better job.

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Sometimes it is hard to separate fan view from reality. Taking everything into account Houston trumps Buffalo at this point in time unless challenge, fanbase, proximity to family and pride were the highest values on my mind.

As for players in place, monetary situation, owner, and overall situation Houston is the better job.

All I did with this report is report what another website said.

Regarding Tampa Bay, to be perfectly honest with you, despite what was reported I wouldn't be surprised to see them do an about face and can Morris anyway.

First year coach or not, he made some crazy mistakes, including firing an OC a week before the season. If Cowher came to them and said he wanted the job, Im still not convinced the Glazer's wouldnt turn around and fire Morris and whomever else.

Michael82
01-03-2010, 12:41 AM
If the Texans fire Gary Kubiak...I wouldn't mind for him to come here. He's a good offensive coach and didn't do too bad in Houston, considering the division that they are stuck in.

paladin warrior
01-03-2010, 12:54 AM
No I dont think Cowher wont go to Dallas, Because Cowher Dont like smell Horse or cow Sh@T around the area .

Michael82
01-03-2010, 12:57 AM
I know people will think I'm high....but I just have a gut feeling that everything is going to fall into place and the Bills will throw the moon at Bill Cowher and he will be our next head coach. I just pray to God that I'm right. :pray:

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 01:08 AM
No I dont think Cowher wont go to Dallas, Because Cowher Dont like smell Horse or cow Sh@T around the area .

My nomination for post of the year :)

BillsWin
01-03-2010, 01:56 AM

I second that.

BertSquirtgum
01-03-2010, 02:18 AM
no matter how much i want cowher here.....i don't think it's going to happen.

Ferrygoat
01-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Maybe if it was in english

Buddo
01-03-2010, 03:06 AM
I've just read a good piece that was linked on bb.com mb about why the Bears aren't likely to can Lovie. Basically, for this year, they aren't in a position to actually be attractive. No draft picks, and there's also their reluctance to eat salaries.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-03-pompei-bears-essentials-jan03,0,4624570.column

Typ0
01-03-2010, 03:14 AM
Maybe if it was in english

I think he should write a report on it...

Poz's Posse
01-03-2010, 06:24 AM
I think another person in play in Houston....if it happens is Shanahan.I was reading where he stillhad interest there....and I believe his son is there as well. If that would happen......Washington would then be back in play I would think.

YardRat
01-03-2010, 06:47 AM
IMO if Cowher doesn't wrangle the Carolina or Tampa jobs, he sits until Fox or Morris get canned next season.

don137
01-03-2010, 07:23 AM
With a potential lockout looming for 2011 I would not be surprised if teams do not spend huge money on coaches next year. That is one reason why Carolina did not extend Fox whose contract is up next year. Why pay huge money for a coach to sit.
Fox said he will not address what he is doing for next year until after the season ends. It is implied he could leave for more job security than the one year deal left on his contract in Carolina.

elltrain22
01-03-2010, 09:08 AM
I think Cowher not going to Tampa has something to do w/ the fact that Cowher may have already made his mind up to take this job. If Ralph offered him above 10 mill/year, it would be hard for him to say no to that. I still think he has his heart set on Carolina, but it really looks like Fox is staying in Carolina, and he (Cowher) loves everything about this job opportunity. If he takes this job, he's gonna be one the highest paid coaches in the league, he's gonna have a good amount of control w/ important decisions, he's got some young talent on this team, and, of course the fanbase would be giddy at his apparent arrival.

I'm speculating, and I know I'm probably reading too much into this, but I really believe that Cowher is gonna take this job.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Breaking News: Cowher will not work for Ralph Wilson.

I like how everyone ignores the fact that our owner is the biggest detterent to getting a real head coach. Number 2 would be our weasel CEO Brandon.

Cowher: "Why did you let your Pro-Bowl LT walk?"

OBD: "We were under paying him so he got mad and wanted to get paid market which was too much money for us so we traded him to Philly where he had another pro-bowl season".

Cowher: "Okay....uhhh....thanks for the finger sandwichs, need to catch a plane.

Saratoga Slim
01-03-2010, 09:38 AM

I agree. However, apparently he's already reached out to potential assistants (LINK (http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/02/cowher-has-contacted-potential-assistant-coaches/)). Hopefully he's gaining some momentum towards coming back, and that will propel him towards taking a less-than-ideal job in Buffalo if it's the only real option and he's already put some work into coming back.

He's already been out of coaching for a few years. If he still views himself as first and foremost a coach, there's got to be at least some thought about not sitting on the sidelines for too long for fear of getting behind the game. My recollection was that he retired from Pitt primarily to be with his daughter through high school. With that accomplished, he may be really itching to get back sooner rather than later.

Just a few thoughts that I'm hoping make it less likely that your obstacle #3 occurs.

BigZ
01-03-2010, 09:53 AM
I definitely don't see Cowher meshing with Jerry Jones. Although I would love to see Cowher choke the **** out of Jones on the sidelines.

I lived in Dallas for a while. That would not be a pretty sight. Jones has too much s#$T in him!:jerry:

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 10:11 AM
If the Texans fire Gary Kubiak...I wouldn't mind for him to come here. He's a good offensive coach and didn't do too bad in Houston, considering the division that they are stuck in.

Unfortunately we are probably resigned to b coaches and Kubiak would make my list.

If I were making predictions I would put Harbaugh pretty high on the list of who will be our next HC. He's a pretty bright mind and probably will interview well.

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Breaking News: Cowher will not work for Ralph Wilson.

I like how everyone ignores the fact that our owner is the biggest detterent to getting a real head coach. Number 2 would be our weasel CEO Brandon.

Cowher: "Why did you let your Pro-Bowl LT walk?"

OBD: "We were under paying him so he got mad and wanted to get paid market which was too much money for us so we traded him to Philly where he had another pro-bowl season".

Cowher: "Okay....uhhh....thanks for the finger sandwichs, need to catch a plane.

Fact gather better my friend.