PDA

View Full Version : If Billick became coach, would he pitch Owens?

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 12:11 AM
I know that this thread isn't news. Terrell Owens is probably playing his last game as a BIll, I dont care if his publicist Kita becomes the Bills next head coach. and its ******ed to even consider Brian Billick as head coach when the man hasn't interviewed yet, and did state that as of now he's not been contacted by the Bills for an interview.

But I remembered something and thought this was worth sharing.
Billick likes T.O. In fact, when Billick was the Ravens head coach in 2004 he actually traded for Owens when he was still technically a 49er. I remember them giving up a second round draft pick for him too.

However (and I dont remember all the details nor feel like looking them up), Owens sued the league to become a FA and wanted to sign with Philadelphia. In the end, Owens obviously went to Philly and the RAvens got their draft pick back. Just thought it was worth nothing if Billick did end up becoming Bills coach that Owens is a guy he once strongly coveted.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Owens needs to leave. The only game I thought he actually tried in was the Jags game. Because he had BIG numbers. Guy has major talent... but it was clear, he's not happy as a Bill and likely never would be.

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Owens needs to leave. The only game I thought he actually tried in was the Jags game. Because he had BIG numbers. Guy has major talent... but it was clear, he's not happy as a Bill and likely never would be.

I agree. I almost think he'd retire before he came back another year.

rcd333
01-03-2010, 12:26 AM
it kind of seems like that situation would make billick want to get rid of owens instead of keep him. being that he traded for owens and then ownes refused to play for him (if that's how it went).

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 12:28 AM
it kind of seems like that situation would make billick want to get rid of owens instead of keep him. being that he traded for owens and then ownes refused to play for him (if that's how it went).

Well, it was about money.. T.O. could've and eventually got far more by going to Philly.

It's pretty pointless anyway, one WR is about to be gone and knows if the HC comes here anyway.

I just remember that being really intersting in 2004

Prov401
01-03-2010, 12:51 AM

How can he be 'happy as a Bill'? We have played QB carousel throughout the year, fired the coach, and have paid Owens to essentially look back at the caved in O-Line, and bewildered QB on his back, while he's wide open down field. Owens is an extremely competeitve WR, and wants nothing more than to help his team win games. If Andre Johnson were on our team this year, I gaurentee we would have made him look like an average WR too. I know Owens has some left in the tank. There isn't a doubt in my mind that he doesn't. And I would be willing to bet that if he goes to a team with a good line, and solid QB play (Chicago), he goes to the pro-bowl with at the very least 85 catches for over 1,000 yards and 10 TD's. If I were T.O, I'd be angry I was apart of the 2009 Buffalo Bills as well. I would be giving up on balls that are thrown 2 feet over my head, this late in the season where we haven't been playing for anything since week 9. I think the Bills will try to re-sign him because Nix coached Owens in Tennessee-Chattanooga, and essentially was apart of Owen's first step towards the NFL. I think the Bills will offer the most money to Owens (around 5 mil). However, I don't think Owens re-signs. He wants an oppurtunity to win a ring, and we're just looking at the oppurtunity to sniff the 2nd week in January.

bigbub2352
01-03-2010, 01:01 AM
When rebuilding i dont think u do
he is not gonna want to be here given his age and him being an *******
We need to spend his 6.5 on a LT

G Wolly
01-03-2010, 03:20 AM
At this point in his career, it looks like T.O.'s options are

A) Retirement

B) Resign with us

I'm not sure how many teams would want him now.

Buddo
01-03-2010, 05:24 AM

A) Retirement

B) Resign with us

Owens has shown he still has the ability.
The questions are about his desire to put himself out for a struggling team.
Go to a decent team, and he could still be highly productive.
There's almost certainly going to be 'interest' somewhere.
In terms of the rebuilding project that the Bills are, I don't think he serves any more useful purpose.
Guys who could have learnt from him (Hardy and Johnson), should already have done so.
The money is better spent elsewhere, also.

Ebenezer
01-03-2010, 06:20 AM

A) Retirement

B) Resign with us

If he can run, catch and play for the right money I know this guy outside of Boston who has success taking retreads and making a powerful team.

Night Train
01-03-2010, 06:24 AM
His lack of effort on several long balls, inconsistent hands & age ( 37 next year ) now work against him.