PDA

View Full Version : Thomas' early OT goal lifts Ducks

Don Cherry
06-03-2003, 06:07 AM
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) -- Nothing gets to goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks in overtime -- not the pressure, not the moment and certainly not the New Jersey Devils.

Steve Thomas put in Samuel Pahlsson's rebound 39 seconds into overtime, giving Anaheim a dramatic 1-0 victory over New Jersey on Monday night and evening the Stanley Cup finals at two games each.
Ducks do it again (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=230602025)

Rude American
06-03-2003, 07:38 AM
And they say trap hockey is boring. Anyone who thought that game was boring isn't a true hockey fan.

Earthquake Enyart
06-03-2003, 07:45 AM
Bill Wirtz and Mike Smith were right. Thomas clearly can't play anymore.

Rude American
06-03-2003, 07:47 AM
clearly

He's skating like a kid out there. I couldn't believe it agaist Detroit. I had just got through thinking that he'd been kind of quiet that game last night. Then Don and Ron made their picks going inot OT, and with the good Lord as my witness I took Thomas. I ALWAYS take Thomas. He has an uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time in big games. 15 OT goals. Amazing. He clearly can't play anymore. I wish he wa a Leaf. He'd have played there almost for free.

Earthquake Enyart
06-03-2003, 07:50 AM
That bag of pucks they got in return will really come in handy during practice next year.

chubluv
06-03-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Rude American
And they say trap hockey is boring. Anyone who thought that game was boring isn't a true hockey fan.

Trap hockey is boring when there are no scoring chances. Game 4 had a ton of scoring opportunities, and that swhat made it exciting to watch...