PDA

View Full Version : The Bills' lost decade

shelby
01-03-2010, 05:59 AM
The final game of the 2009 Buffalo Bills season takes place today, and with it ends the worst decade in Bills history.
You lived it. You suffered. You want to put it to rest.
Before we bid good riddance to the '00s, however, we must take one last look back at the Decade that Wasn't for Bills Nation.

(http://www.buffalonews.com/298/story/910756.html#)
The Bills actually compiled a worse record in the 1970s, winning just 35.9 percent of their games, than in the 2000s, when they won 40.8 percent entering today's finale against the Indianapolis Colts. But the Bills had three winning seasons in the '70s, made the playoffs once and ended the decade on an upswing under coach Chuck Knox. The Bills had just one winning season this decade, with no playoff appearances, and the decade ends with the team in decline.

What follows is not a comprehensive review (because who wants to read that?), but a capsule look at the last 10 years of Bills football. For the record, we're not counting the Bills' playoff loss to Tennessee in this compilation. While it took place on Jan. 8, 2000, it was part of the 1999 NFL season.

Famous quotes

• "I don't want to say I'm hopeful, but there's some hope there." — Dick Jauron, at his wishy-washy worst.
• "I think those type of plays, they take the sail out of your wind a little bit." — Mike Mularkey after a Bills loss to Denver in 2005.
• "I'm here to tell you that problem is fixed. Take it to the bank." — Gregg Williams, upon being hired, on the Bills' special teams. Buffalo allowed two kickoff returns for TDs in the 2002 opener.

read more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/298/story/910756.html)

shelby
01-03-2010, 07:01 AM
This will bring tears to your eyes:

"Of all the people I interviewed then and the people I interviewed most recently, this was the best candidate I ever interviewed." — Tom Donahoe, comparing Gregg Williams' interview with those of Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren and Dennis Green.

Historian
01-03-2010, 07:13 AM
:rofl:

Typ0
01-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Cowher never interviewed for that job here.