PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Wilson's own reputation will kill any top flight coach from coming here.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Before people go all nuts about me being negative lets have some reality with our cup of coffee this morning.

Bill Cowher is the biggest slam dunk, no brainer, hire out there. Wherever he goes it's most likely going to work.

However, the Bills have no shot of getting him or any other Parcells type coach and the number one reason is our owner. You can't sweep 50 years of ineptitude under the rug.

Wasn't it Ralph who said Buffalo's market couldn't economically support an NFL team but now his new GM is using the fact that we sell out games, in a bad economy, as a reason that a good coach would want to be here. Did we abandon "cash to cap"??

Ralph has demonstrated a propensity to not get along. Butler, Polian, Saban, Phillips (who he lost to in court for not honoring his contract) were all guys that had strong opinions. Do you think a top flight coach won't have an opinion?

How about a exit strategy. Would you want to take a job with a company that might be relocating? Wilson is 91 years old. Every time he closes his eyes there is a good chance he won't be waking up. Than what? What kind of free agnets and talent are you attracting if all of a sudden the team is in limbo for 2 years while his wife is trying to sell it?

Sorry guys but Pat can spend all day posting scenarios on how we get Cowher but it's not happening.

Even if we pulled out every stop, which these idiots wouldn't do any way, to get Cowher he'll never come here because of our owner. That's a fact that everyone is ignoring.

Night Train
01-03-2010, 10:01 AM
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 10:03 AM
" Look At Me " Post
" Look At Me " Post

Sorry that you can't fight reality. I've been blaming the FO for years and it's posters like you that have been defending them.

ByrdsTheWord
01-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Before people go all nuts about me being negative lets have some reality with our cup of coffee this morning.

Bill Cowher is the biggest slam dunk, no brainer, hire out there. Wherever he goes it's most likely going to work.

However, the Bills have no shot of getting him or any other Parcells type coach and the number one reason is our owner. You can't sweep 50 years of ineptitude under the rug.

Wasn't it Ralph who said Buffalo's market couldn't economically support an NFL team but now his new GM is using the fact that we sell out games, in a bad economy, as a reason that a good coach would want to be here. Did we abandon "cash to cap"??

Ralph has demonstrated a propensity to not get along. Butler, Polian, Saban, Phillips (who he lost to in court for not honoring his contract) were all guys that had strong opinions. Do you think a top flight coach won't have an opinion?

How about a exit strategy. Would you want to take a job with a company that might be relocating? Wilson is 91 years old. Every time he closes his eyes there is a good chance he won't be waking up. Than what? What kind of free agnets and talent are you attracting if all of a sudden the team is in limbo for 2 years while his wife is trying to sell it?

Sorry guys but Pat can spend all day posting scenarios on how we get Cowher but it's not happening.

Even if we pulled out every stop, which these idiots wouldn't do any way, to get Cowher he'll never come here because of our owner. That's a fact that everyone is ignoring.

First of all. 50 yrs of ineptitude? Obviously you've only been a fan of the Bills for the last 10-15 years.

Secondly Polian did not leave because of Ralph Wilson. Get your facts straight.The fact that he didnt get along with Littman, somebody had to leave. It wasnt because he didnt get along with Ralph.

Third. John Butler was one of the WORST GM's in Bills history. Who has he drafted? Eric Flowers? Antowain Smith? He got canned because of his inability to do his job right.

Fourth, I dont think this team is moving anytime soon. What kind of free agents would we be signing if this team is going to move? GOOD teams are built through draft picks. Not free agency. If we hit on our draft picks and start playing better, players and coaches will follow. This is how the Packers were built, the Patriots, the Colts, the Chargers, Eagles, and the Steelers etc. This is why these teams will succeed and teams like the Cowboys and Redskins will always fail.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Nighttrain I guess Dicesare is looking for attention as well:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/story/907799.html

Uncertainty is partly why no successful former NFL coach wants any part of the Buffalo Bills.

Ralph Wilson is 91. The franchise will go to auction, take on new ownership and likely relocate after his death since there is no other succession plan in place, at least none that Wilson has made public.

The Bills could end up in Toronto, San Antonio or Los Angeles, but probably not before a legal battle or two and heavy dose of political intervention. It's bound to be a mess beyond the Buffalo Sabres bankruptcy situation.

Why would a Mike Shanahan or a Bill Cowher subject himself to that when they have the luxury of waiting for an offer that affords stability? Especially when one recognizes that retooling the Bills into a playoff team looks like a three-year project, best-case scenario.

Perhaps Wilson is frustrated that he's finally throwing money around and still can't find any takers. He should have seen this coming. Four years ago Mike Mularkey, now the offensive coordinator in Atlanta, sized up the state of the organization and resigned as head coach, surrendering three years and $3 million.

Think about that. ... Mike Mularkey.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 10:16 AM
First of all. 50 yrs of ineptitude? Obviously you've only been a fan of the Bills for the last 10-15 years.

Secondly Polian did not leave because of Ralph Wilson. Get your facts straight.The fact that he didnt get along with Littman, somebody had to leave. It wasnt because he didnt get along with Ralph.

Third. John Butler was one of the WORST GM's in Bills history. Who has he drafted? Eric Flowers? Antowain Smith? He got canned because of his inability to do his job right.

Fourth, I dont think this team is moving anytime soon. What kind of free agents would we be signing if this team is going to move? GOOD teams are built through draft picks. Not free agency. If we hit on our draft picks and start playing better, players and coaches will follow. This is how the Packers were built, the Patriots, the Colts, the Chargers, Eagles, and the Steelers etc. This is why these teams will succeed and teams like the Cowboys and Redskins will always fail.

My guess is that I'm older than you because the Bills pretty much sucked from the late 60's to 1987. I love how fans grew up with the "lucky years" when we got Polian forget all of the years before that.

ByrdsTheWord
01-03-2010, 10:21 AM
My guess is that I'm older than you because the Bills pretty much sucked from the late 60's to 1987. I love how fans grew up with the "lucky years" when we got Polian forget all of the years before that.

Yea winning 2 division championships in 64 and 65 is definately sucking in the 60s. Making it to the AFL Championships in 64 and 65? WHAT A FCKIN FAILURE !!!!!! Making the playoffs in 63-66? Yea only teams that SUCK make the playoffs. Playoffs in 74, 80, 81, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93,94,95,96,98 and 99? Yea we've sucked FOREVER.

Obviously been a fan the last 10-15 years. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. CLEARLY.

Ebenezer
01-03-2010, 10:25 AM
"Got Polian"? Most if the fans under 35 need a lesson about Terry Bledsoe.

Ebenezer
01-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Yea winning 2 division championships in 64 and 65 is definately sucking in the 60s. Making it to the AFL Championships in 64 and 65? WHAT A FCKIN FAILURE !!!!!! Making the playoffs in 63-66? Yea only teams that SUCK make the playoffs. Playoffs in 74, 80, 81, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93,94,95,96,98 and 99? Yea we've sucked FOREVER.

Obviously been a fan the last 10-15 years. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. CLEARLY.
Byrd, welcome to Billszone...what's your background as a fan because old-timers more than know the long term futility of this team.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Yea winning 2 division championships in 64 and 65 is definately sucking in the 60s. Making the playoffs in 63-66? Yea only teams that SUCK make the playoffs. Playoffs in 74, 80, 81, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93,94,95,96,98 and 99? Yea we've sucked FOREVER.

Late's 60's-1987. Can you not read? '74 was one and done. 1966 and 1988 don't count. So how good do we look now??

I'm guessing you are younger than me because I actually watched the '74 playoff game.

ByrdsTheWord
01-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Byrd, welcome to Billszone...what's your background as a fan because old-timers more than know the long term futility of this team.

What does age have anything to do with this? What. Just because you have wrinkles on your face and have gray hair (or no hair) you're more knowledgable than me? Im wise beyond my years old man. And I've been a fan for over 20 years. And i'm in my mid 20's.

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 10:31 AM
HH
Do you realize with these comments you're at least flirting with becoming the least credible poster this board has ever seen?

Goobylal
01-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Nighttrain I guess Dicesare is looking for attention as well:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/story/907799.html

Uncertainty is partly why no successful former NFL coach wants any part of the Buffalo Bills.

Ralph Wilson is 91. The franchise will go to auction, take on new ownership and likely relocate after his death since there is no other succession plan in place, at least none that Wilson has made public.

The Bills could end up in Toronto, San Antonio or Los Angeles, but probably not before a legal battle or two and heavy dose of political intervention. It's bound to be a mess beyond the Buffalo Sabres bankruptcy situation.

Why would a Mike Shanahan or a Bill Cowher subject himself to that when they have the luxury of waiting for an offer that affords stability? Especially when one recognizes that retooling the Bills into a playoff team looks like a three-year project, best-case scenario.

Perhaps Wilson is frustrated that he's finally throwing money around and still can't find any takers. He should have seen this coming. Four years ago Mike Mularkey, now the offensive coordinator in Atlanta, sized up the state of the organization and resigned as head coach, surrendering three years and $3 million.

Think about that. ... Mike Mularkey.
Bob DiCesare must be living under a rock. Coach Sal already confirmed that there's a succession plan in place that will keep the team in Buffalo after Ralph's passing. :rolleyes:

And a big part of the reason why no big name wants to come to Buffalo is because...it's Buffalo. The weather is bad a good portion of the time, it's a tiny market, and taxes are ridiculous.

ByrdsTheWord
01-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Late's 60's-1987. Can you not read? '74 was one and done. 1966 and 1988 don't count. So how good do we look now??

I'm guessing you are younger than me because I actually watched the '74 playoff game.

OOOOOOH THOSE YEARS DONT COUNT?? lol. That's just a POOR POOR attempt to try to make a point. :roflmao:

Ebenezer
01-03-2010, 10:33 AM
What does age have anything to do with this? What. Just because you have wrinkles on your face and have gray hair (or no hair) you're more knowledgable than me? Im wise beyond my years old man. And I've been a fan for over 20 years. And i'm in my mid 20's.
Byrd, you have come in wheels a blazing...I asked a simple question.

ByrdsTheWord
01-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Byrd, you have come in wheels a blazing...I asked a simple question.

And i answered.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 10:38 AM

Do you know why they tore the goal posts down in 1980?

Reading a stat and understanding the situation are two different things.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 10:41 AM
HH
Do you realize with these comments you're at least flirting with becoming the least credible poster this board has ever seen?

Pat, I would love for you to address my thread and explain to me why?

Getting mad at me that your Cowher enthusiasm is misguided doesn't change the facts.

Ebenezer
01-03-2010, 10:44 AM
And i answered.
and I suggest you go watch some highlight films from 1960-1962, 1967-1972, 1976-1979, 1983-1987 and 2000-2009. That's more than half of the team's existence.

ByrdsTheWord
01-03-2010, 10:47 AM
and I suggest you go watch some highlight films from 1960-1962, 1967-1972, 1976-1979, 1983-1987 and 2000-2009. That's more than half of the team's existence.
And i suggest you go watch some highlights of 64-66, 74, 80-81, 88-93, 95-96,98-99.

I can name some years too.

ByrdsTheWord
01-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Pat, I would love for you to address my thread and explain to me why?

Getting mad at me that your Cowher enthusiasm is misguided doesn't change the facts.

Just read it for yourself. LOL. OH MY GAWD they tore down the goalposts? Thats it. We're the worst team in NFL history because they tore down the goalposts!!!!

Ebenezer
And i suggest you go watch some highlights of 64-66, 74, 80-81, 88-93, 95-96,98-99.

yeah, I lived through almost all of them...put them all in and this team is still collectively below .500 in it's existence. Not exactly a high water mark.

HHURRICANE

Why did the fans tear down the goal posts in 1980??? Answer the question.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 10:51 AM
yeah, I lived through almost all of them...put them all in and this team is still collectively below .500 in it's existence. Not exactly a high water mark.

The kid can't answer why the goal posts were tore down in 1980. Don't bother to argue with him because he's just looking for an argumnet.

ByrdsTheWord
01-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Why did the fans tear down the goal posts in 1980??? Answer the question.

Why did the fans tear down the goal posts in 88? Answer the question.

FlyingDutchman
01-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Don't bother to argue with him because he's just looking for an argumnet.

.......coming from you.......?

ByrdsTheWord
01-03-2010, 10:57 AM
.......coming from you.......?

Don't even bother because the old fart doesnt know why they tore down the goal posts in 88.

FlyingDutchman
01-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Don't even bother because the old fart doesnt know why they tore down the goal posts in 88.

was that the fred smerlas blocked kick against the jets?

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 11:01 AM

I was at both games when it happened. 1988 we had clinched our division at 11-1, unfortunately we finished 12-4.

1980?? I'm still waiting?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-03-2010, 11:01 AM

I think you should take it easy and not name call, just a word of advice.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 11:02 AM
was that the fred smerlas blocked kick against the jets?

No. I was at that Jets game as well in 1980.

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 11:03 AM
I was at both games when it happened. 1988 we had clinched our division at 11-1, unfortunately we finished 12-4.

1980?? I'm still waiting?

Because we finally beat Miami ?!?!?

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Because we finally beat Miami ?!?!?

Pat, I knew you would get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was trying to make a point to the youngster which is there have been years of ineptitude here.

We tore the goal post down because we went over a decde without beating the Fins.

A kid in his 20's isn't going to remember the horrible 1970's, or Bullough, Ringo, or Kay Stephenson debacles.

If we don't luck out with Polian who fought with Wilson to draft Bruce Smith we might have even been worse.

FlyingDutchman
01-03-2010, 11:11 AM
getting to the point whered id tear down the goal posts if we beat new england

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 11:13 AM
getting to the point whered id tear down the goal posts if we beat new england

Imagine going twice that long. We had beaten the Jets the week before which was kind of a shock and than we beat Miami. People went nuts.

Luisito23
01-03-2010, 11:22 AM

:funny:

TheBrownBear
01-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Man, is this Hurricane cat saddled with a loser mentality or what?

Anyway, all this hand wringing is ridiculous. At the end of the day, all our whining and b*tching means squat. Ralph is going to do what he's going to do and we either have to live with it, or find another team until he's dead.