PDA

View Full Version : lots of Cowher talk at the Ralph

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 10:13 AM
I can tell you there is lots of Cowher chatter this morning at the Ralph among the media in the press box, its without question the topic of the day. Am going to tryn to get the nose stuck into some of it and see what I can find out today, though Im sure in a lot of cases its speculation.

oh and holy crap I dont know if people are trying to get their badge of honor but there is still a ton of tailgating going on

Canadian'eh!
01-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Of course there's a lot of Cowher talk, he's the only quality coach who hasn't given us a blatant no. But I'm sure it's all rumor and conjecture.

Canadian'eh!
01-03-2010, 10:16 AM
PS- 5 years X 12 Million a year, final say over the roster and staff. Ralph promises to stay out of the way and keep his mouth.

All 3 of those things are basically impossible for RW to do.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks Pat, and make sure you stay warm.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 10:19 AM
PS- 5 years X 12 Million a year, final say over the roster and staff. Ralph promises to stay out of the way and keep his mouth.

All 3 of those things are basically impossible for RW to do.

Add to the list of demands a plan to be put in if Wilson dies.

The Cowher talk almost cracks me up at this point.

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks Pat, and make sure you stay warm.

oh warm as hell. those fans out there in the parking lot tailgating aint

Canadian'eh!
01-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Add to the list of demands a plan to be put in if Wilson dies.

The Cowher talk almost cracks me up at this point.

Yeah, good point. He'd need an "out" clause in there like the one Bill Parcells has, that basically states that if RW kicks the bucket or sells the team, that you can walk away and get X number of dollars per year remaining on his deal.

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Don't believe despite the reports out there that Raheem Morris and especially John Fox will both be back next year. I only got one quote right now but it's kind of telling. A lot of people expect Fox and/or Morris to get the boot

"There isnt a Bill Cowher type of coach available every year. There will be teams that if Cowher is interested in them will do what they have to do to lure him there."

Doing what they have to do doesnt sound like the Buffalo mojo to me, fellas.

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Anyone watching ESPN right now? its on here, and wow ???

Canadian'eh!
01-03-2010, 10:35 AM
If Carolina job comes open, you can forget about any and all meetings we may have with Cowher.

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm told there are A LOT of Colts fans here.
Probably bought up tickets weeks ago when it seemed the Colts could go 16-0

Ebenezer
01-03-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm told there are A LOT of Colts fans here.
Probably bought up tickets weeks ago when it seemed the Colts could go 16-0
are you new? there have been a lot of opposing fans at all the games the past few years.

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 10:40 AM
lol true...

btw, Freeny inactive offifcially

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 10:46 AM
There are people right now that believe that Cowher endorsed Buddy Nix and is a big reason he was hired (Nix)

It has been reported the Bills meet with Cowher this week, before Nix was hired.

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 10:53 AM
There are people right now that believe that Cowher endorsed Buddy Nix and is a big reason he was hired (Nix)

It has been reported the Bills meet with Cowher this week, before Nix was hired.

Like I said, if Nix was hired because it was a precursor to bringing in a Schottenheimer or Cowher, then I think the move was a very good one. If they end up hiring another joker like Cameron, Haslett or any first time HC, then it was another sign that mediocrity will continue at One Bills Drive.

Mudflap1
01-03-2010, 10:53 AM

I doubt it happened exactly that way. It was probably more like Brandon meeting with Cowher, and saying "we are looking at some potential GMs, one guy is Buddy Nix, what do you think of him?" and Cowher said "yeah, he's good, he knows his stuff, I would consider working with him" and the Bills figured, amongst other things, that was a good endorsement. However, Berman just said on Countdown that Nix is a highly respected personnel guy in the NFL, so it was just further confirmation that he has a good reputation.

Frankly, I'm OK with hiring a guy from the Butler/A.J. Smith tree. Those guys came from Bill Polian originally, did a decent job here in Buffalo, and later in San Diego.

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 10:54 AM
I agree with ya

patmoran2006
01-03-2010, 10:54 AM
is it safe to say this week may be the most intense and spirited among Bills fans, EVER?

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 10:55 AM
is it safe to say this week may be the most intense and spirited among Bills fans, EVER?

God help us all if they f**k this up!

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Ralph bring The Chin to Buffalo

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-03-2010, 10:59 AM
im paying more attention to this stupid topic then I should be.

bob86
01-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Here’s want I was told a few days ago by someone close to the Panthers team. Unless Fox got an extension, he and Panthers would have a “classy” parting of the ways and the Panthers would pull out all the stops to get Cowher. And, the Panthers expected to get him.

Meanwhile, Fox’s agent, as a back-up in case he could not get the extension for Fox, was floating the idea around the League of a “package deal.” Fox and most of his current assistants and some of the Panthers personnel people would come in en mass and basically take over the Football operations of a new team. The thought being the new team would get a whole proven organization and not just a new head coach who needed to take time putting a staff together.

One big uncertainty was that Fox and his family don’t want to leave NC. He hates the idea of moving and this may make him take up the Panthers' offer to stay on for another year even though he dislikes the idea of working as a lame duck and he knows management wants Cowher. How the Panthers deal with that is anybody’s guess.