PDA

View Full Version : Carucci just said that meeting was nothing "serious".

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Just said on 97 Rock that it was more preliminary then anything. He also said that Billick will not be interviewing. He said that the coordinator route is more likely. If this is the case, I will absolutely hate the Nix hire. It will then make absolutely zero sense and be an indication that nothing has changed at One Bills Drive. I hope this doesn't happen, but if we get another mediocre HC that would really suck!

SquishDaFish
01-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Dude give it a break man. NOONE knows anything till it happens

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Dude give it a break man. NOONE knows anything till it happens

Give what a break?

TedMock
01-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Jeesh. These "insiders" are all over the board. My personal belief based on past performance is that Schefter is the most reliable. Clayton is by far the least. Everybody else falls somewhere in between. I'm only including the big names here. Pat & Sal obviously rule!

bigdog72ny
01-03-2010, 04:38 PM
theres a shocker.anothe runproven coach in buffalo

jlruss90
01-03-2010, 04:38 PM
again, the bills tried to look outside the organization but no one wanted the job...they offered the $ no one wanted it...

Slim
01-03-2010, 04:39 PM
We already knew this. Here's a peice from the Espn Blog

"The report by Chris Mortensen termed it a “stealth meeting” and not a formal interview as it took place before the Bills named Buddy Nix their general manager.

The report also says that interim head coach Perry Fewell will interview for the permanent head coaching job on Monday. And Mortensen also reported on NFL Countdown that Charlie Weis will not be in the running for Bills head coach."

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 04:39 PM
There is just too many opinions being throw around by these "insiders"...I don't know what to believe! I can't wait for this to be over and see who we end up with.

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 04:40 PM
again, the bills tried to look outside the organization but no one wanted the job...they offered the $ no one wanted it...

Not true...Ralph said as much in Nix press conference.

bigbub2352
01-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I agree with Nighthawk and dont blame him at all
Nix is a cheap hire that needs a strong HC, we also need to get rid of Modrak and Guy yet interveiwed Guy to be the ****ing GM
my god
when will they learn
Cowher Billick Dungy sign one

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 04:42 PM
I agree with Nighthawk and dont blame him at all
Nix is a cheap hire that needs a strong HC, we also need to get rid of Modrak and Guy yet interveiwed Guy to be the ****ing GM
my god
when will they learn
Cowher Billick Dungy sign one

I'm very interested to see how this plays out, but I'm terrified that we will continue to be mired in mediocrity. Damn, I hope I'm wrong...I would actually like to feel good about this franchise again!

Slim
01-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Is this the same Vic Carucci who reported the Bills had not contacted Shanny?

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Is this the same Vic Carucci who reported the Bills had not contacted Shanny?

The very same one...so take it for what it's worth. I want him to be wrong...very badly!

bigbub2352
01-03-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm very interested to see how this plays out, but I'm terrified that we will continue to be mired in mediocrity. Damn, I hope I'm wrong...I would actually like to feel good about this franchise again!
i am with u 100%

DrGraves
01-03-2010, 04:53 PM
carucci doesn't know ****... don't listen to him.

elltrain22
01-03-2010, 04:57 PM
I think if was "sniffing around" no one is gonna be straight up about this for way too many reasons. I think the Bills & Cowher are trying, there absolute best, to be as hush-hush as possible. What is said to Carruci or others who don't know Cowher personally, is all stuff they just wanna hear, and may not be the actual truth.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 05:54 PM
It's all BS specualtion but at the end of the day I'm betting on a coordinator first time HC.

Getting Shottenheimer might be our only real shot at something meaningful.

Buddo
01-03-2010, 05:55 PM
The problem with all of that, is that Carucci still does have good 'contacts' within the Bills, from his days with one of the local newspapers.
What does seem to be absolute 'truth', is that some sort of meeting did take place, 'preliminary', 'stealth' or otherwise. There are too many reports (starting with Sal's of course) for that not to have been the case.
Billick not coming in is going against the grain of a number of reports from all around, so that seems rather odd. I would honestly guess that he is simply expressing his opinion, about it being a coordinator who get appointed.

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 05:59 PM
He also brought up Haslett and I would absolute want to punch Nix and Ralph in the face if they hire this guy or Cameron!

Dying_-2-_Live
01-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Im sure the meeting was just seeing if Cowher could possibly be interested
and there seems to be some interest

mayotm
01-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Watching everybody get all hot and bothered with each rumor (both good and bad) is friggin' hilarious!

nateodoms'bff
01-03-2010, 06:11 PM
the thing about billick is that it was reported on several sites.

I believe that they HAVE to bring in a few token big name coaches, just to satisfy the fanbase.

its easy to say that Cowher doesnt want the job. Or Billick, or Dennis Green, or John Fox, or whoever, and that they were forced to hire Ron Rivera. Which is probably what will happen.

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 06:11 PM
the thing about billick is that it was reported on several sites.

I believe that they HAVE to bring in a few token big name coaches, just to satisfy the fanbase.

its easy to say that Cowher doesnt want the job. Or Billick, or Dennis Green, or John Fox, or whoever, and that they were forced to hire Ron Rivera. Which is probably what will happen.

And this is what I'm afraid of...it's all just a show to say that tried.

JJamezz
01-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Clayton knows nothing, Mort knows a little more because of Shefter, Cariucci used to be a good source of Bills info but no longer.. Even Tim Graham doesn't seem to offer anything 'insider' anymore.

I honestly believe we've got better sources here than you'll find from any major media outlet - it wasn't always that way, and I'm not sure what has changed, the Bills just don't tend to leak info very far in advance of a public announcement..

And incidentally, I don't know where these stories originate, but I've gotta think if the Bills are the source, they enjoy screwing with the media.. I mean there is no way in hell that Cam Cameron is a serious consideration as HC.. Russ Brandon possessed by Billy Mays' ghost couldn't pull that one off.. Then pay attention to local media, they know what the fans are thinking, they know Jim Haslett isn't selling season tickets. I swear I think they release certain little items for laughs and to see how far they will travel.

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Clayton knows nothing, Mort knows a little more because of Shefter, Cariucci used to be a good source of Bills info but no longer.. Even Tim Graham doesn't seem to offer anything 'insider' anymore.

I honestly believe we've got better sources here than you'll find from any major media outlet - it wasn't always that way, and I'm not sure what has changed, the Bills just don't tend to leak info very far in advance of a public announcement..

And incidentally, I don't know where these stories originate, but I've gotta think if the Bills are the source, they enjoy screwing with the media.. I mean there is no way in hell that Cam Cameron is a serious consideration as HC.. Russ Brandon possessed by Billy Mays' ghost couldn't pull that one off.. Then pay attention to local media, they know what the fans are thinking, they know Jim Haslett isn't selling season tickets. I swear I think they release certain little items for laughs and to see how far they will travel.

You mean that they just f'n with us and Nix really isn't the new GM???

Sweet!!!!

YardRat
01-03-2010, 07:08 PM
is all stuff they just wanna hear, and may not be the actual truth.

That's kind of an ironic statement.

elltrain22
01-03-2010, 07:39 PM
That's kind of an ironic statement.

Yeah, it sorta is. I just think anyone that is trying to sniff around OBD they're gonna get the run around b/c the whole situation is hush-hush. I think anyone who has DIRECT contact to Cowher, either by way of sources, agents, etc, one might get a little bit more insight into this situation. Either way, I just really, really want him to come to Buffalo, and I trying not to believe anything negative I hear.