• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

This is what I was afraid of (Cowher)

When word emerged recently that Panthers coach John Fox will be permitted to return for 2010 but won't be given an extension of a contract that expires after one more season, it appeared that the Panthers possibly were playing a game of buyout chicken with Fox.

I've been saying it for days, DO NOT BUY into the media reports that Fox coming back next year to Carolina is a done deal, it is now, despite what you've been reading. I've heard this from several people including a prominenbt Panthers writer.

its NOT a done deal, and I think even the most of Cowher to Buffalo optimists know if that job opens up that's where the Chin is going to go.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: This is what I was afraid of (Cowher)

I would be pissed we missed out on the chin. But i'd enjoy seeing Fox on the Bills sideline.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I suppose the ONLY silver lining if he left Carolina would be that we probably dont get cowher anyway, and maybe would land Fox if he's out there.

I dont think too many would complain about Fox, he'd be the best candidate out there (IMO) if Cowher isnt available.

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        I suppose the ONLY silver lining if he left Carolina would be that we probably dont get cowher anyway, and maybe would land Fox if he's out there.

I dont think too many would complain about Fox, he'd be the best candidate out there (IMO) if Cowher isnt available.
        Exactly how i feel. Chances are we dont get Cowher, and if Marty isn't coming out of retirement, Fox would be my second option.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Good point about Marty too..

I've never bought that he's done either.

I am 100% convinced that the timing of Nix's hire as GM directly ties into something else, which is why they didnt interview an outside candidate.

I just havent been able to find out what yet, obviously.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

I'd rather see Cowher in Carolina. Not a fan.

Comment

• hydro
              • Oct 2005

Love the Seinfeld reference
              BERNIAC!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

I'm pumped - the next few days are going to be like draft weekend. As soon as the games end today the phones are going to really heat up. Can't wait to see what shakes loose.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

Living in Charlotte I can tell you this. Fox finished building his dream house on the 14th hole of Quail Hollow Country Club this past year. This house took a long time to build. His kids are in high school/ college. While I think his family wants to stay in Charlotte you can not say for certain he will not look elsewhere. The fact that he did not say he wants to be back might think he realizes the fans wants Cowher in Carolina.... As Fox says after every game...It is what it it is.

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
                    • Feb 2009

I wish Fox the best no matter what he does... But HE NEEDS TO STAY IN CAROLINA... and if he doesnt... Cowher needs to realize we want him more :)
                    "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• Buddo
                      • Mar 2007

I think that it will definitely be one of those deals that happens soon (Cowher to the Bills), or it won't be happening.
                      $5 miilion (or more) is a figure widely reported that Fox stands to make next year, with the Panthers. Unless there's a job to go to for sure, that's a serious amount to gamble on, especially as they have apparently said he can come back if he so wishes.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

a guy with 2 playoff appearances in 7 years and with a worse career winning percentage then Billick and Del Rio is the best guy available?
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buddo
                          I think that it will definitely be one of those deals that happens soon (Cowher to the Bills), or it won't be happening.
                          $5 miilion (or more) is a figure widely reported that Fox stands to make next year, with the Panthers. Unless there's a job to go to for sure, that's a serious amount to gamble on, especially as they have apparently said he can come back if he so wishes.
                          Fox is under contract for 5 million next year however if a team threw a long term 8-10MM a year contract for 4-5 years I could see him think seriously of leaving. With that said I think Bills fans would be very very bored with his style of football. He is too loyal to veterans. He should of let Foster, Delohomme and many other veterans go a long time ago.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Pat, you had the nerve to question my credibility?? I haven't waivered once. Cowher is not coming here.

You on the other hand are schizo today. One minute it looks good and the next it doesn't. Listen to me = he's not coming to Buffalo.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                              a guy with 2 playoff appearances in 7 years and with a worse career winning percentage then Billick and Del Rio is the best guy available?
                              Yeah, I don't understand the Fox love?

Comment

Working...
                              X