PDA

View Full Version : Another Cowher Thread - Jay Glazer said "Bills have very good shot at Cowher"

T-Long
01-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Jay_Glazer

bills think they have a legit shot at cowher. he's at least showing real interest in their young roster.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Just was on Fox OT and that Cowher likes the Bills young talent. Again, don't shoot the messenger...take it for what it is worth.

Michael82
01-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Come on Ralph! open up that checkbook and offer him $10-11 million per year! Get him here! :pray: It will be worth it for your bottom line. I guarantee that a Cowher hire would sell over 60,000 season tickets. Hell...even 65,000. Plus the suites and all that would start selling well.

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Jay_Glazer

bills think they have a legit shot at cowher. he's at least showing real interest in their young roster.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha, ha...I just posted something similar. He was just on Fox and stated he thinks Bills have legit shot at Cowher.

Mods, please merge threads if possible.

Michael82
01-03-2010, 06:56 PM
:drool: I really am getting excited! I just pray that Cowher doesn't crush my dreams. :pray:

Novacane
01-03-2010, 06:56 PM
No negotiating. Whatever Cowher asks for......... GIVE IT TO HIM!

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
:drool: I really am getting excited! I just pray that Cowher doesn't crush my dreams. :pray:

I know, Mikey...I know.

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 06:58 PM

Damn right!

NorthCarBills
01-03-2010, 06:59 PM
The agony. The excitement. The unknown! WHAT COULD BE! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-03-2010, 06:59 PM

I'll put in my zone bucks if it will help.

Michael82
01-03-2010, 07:01 PM

Hell...if it takes raising my Season tickets by $100...I'll take it! Cowher would be an excellent hire for the Buffalo Bills and finally get us to turn this team around.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-03-2010, 07:02 PM
If we sign Cowher I suggest all zoners write an email to ESPN and any others that said no way Cowher comes to Buffalo and call them out.

X-Era
01-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Come on Ralph! open up that checkbook and offer him $10-11 million per year! Get him here! :pray: It will be worth it for your bottom line. I guarantee that a Cowher hire would sell over 60,000 season tickets. Hell...even 65,000. Plus the suites and all that would start selling well.

So frikkin stoked.

I just hope it all doesnt fall apart.

I feel like we are on the verge of changing everything.

YardRat
01-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Posturing.

YardRat
01-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Posturing.

Michael82
01-03-2010, 07:07 PM
So frikkin stoked.

I feel the same way!

elltrain22
01-03-2010, 07:12 PM
So frikkin stoked.

You're right. If the Bills hire Cowher, we become a relevant team once again. This would indeed be the dawn of a new era. Maybe you could change your name from X-era to Cowher-era....

mayotm
01-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Yeah, but HH states the Bills have no shot.

elltrain22
01-03-2010, 07:14 PM
If we sign Cowher I suggest all zoners write an email to ESPN and any others that said no way Cowher comes to Buffalo and call them out.

Especially that little terd John Clayton

Michael82
01-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah, but HH states the Bills have no shot.

HH states a lot of things. Many of them aren't true.

mayotm
01-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Especially that little terd John ClaytonAnd HH.

billsburgh
01-03-2010, 07:17 PM
lets start with all the zoners on here who say it isnt happening.

Dr. Lecter
01-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I am still not getting my hopes up.

Keeping the odds at > 25%.

mark1126
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
start a petition that says ralph can rais season tix $100 per...thats $5,000,000 for cowher right there...compliments of the fans...that should do the trick, ralph can go the other half to get up to $10,000,000

hydro
01-03-2010, 07:37 PM
I am still not getting my hopes up.

Keeping the odds at > 25%.

Greater than 25%? ;)

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 07:53 PM
If Cowher ever came here I wouldn't post one negative thing for a year plus I'll triple my Billszone donation!

BillsWin
01-03-2010, 07:55 PM
I spoke with a retired member of the Pittsburgh media today (after reading about the stealth meeting) who covered the Steelers in Cowher's time there and actually became quite close with "the chin". He said:

"I don't know the specifics, but I can tell you that Bill will be coming back to coaching and Buffalo is the place I would peg him at."

"Speaking with some people involved, the interest is real, the situation is real, the talk is real, if the money is real, Bill Cowher will be the next head coach in Buffalo."

"I don't know what other options he has had, but the only two he has entertained are Carolina and Buffalo and Carolina really hasn't been an option."

"They talk about Tampa and how that is a good spot for Bill. But I know Bill. Bill likes the cold, Bill likes the fans up north, Bill likes the blue collar, American fan. Bill likes to win, and bring winning to those who deserve it."

"Yes, I certainly believe that Cowher would consider an offer from Buffalo and I think they are a good match."

I trust him. He didn't say there was an imminent signing, but he says it is a good possibility.

Dr. Lecter
01-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Greater than 25%? ;)

I meant less than

I am hopefully and it is not impossible, but I am not holding my breath.

Michael82
01-03-2010, 07:58 PM
I spoke with a retired member of the Pittsburgh media today (after reading about the stealth meeting) who covered the Steelers in Cowher's time there and actually became quite close with "the chin". He said:

"I don't know the specifics, but I can tell you that Bill will be coming back to coaching and Buffalo is the place I would peg him at."

"Speaking with some people involved, the interest is real, the situation is real, the talk is real, if the money is real, Bill Cowher will be the next head coach in Buffalo."

"I don't know what other options he has had, but the only two he has entertained are Carolina and Buffalo and Carolina really hasn't been an option."

"They talk about Tampa and how that is a good spot for Bill. But I know Bill. Bill likes the cold, Bill likes the fans up north, Bill likes the blue collar, American fan. Bill likes to win, and bring winning to those who deserve it."

"Yes, I certainly believe that Cowher would consider an offer from Buffalo and I think they are a good match."

I trust him. He didn't say there was an imminent signing, but he says it is a good possibility.

That's the kind of scoop that I've been waiting for! Thanks for sharing, man! :up:

IN COWHER, WE TRUST! :pray:

BillsWin
01-03-2010, 07:59 PM
That's the kind of scoop that I've been waiting for! Thanks for sharing, man! :up:

IN COWHER, WE TRUST! :pray:

No problem. I was about to make a thread on it.

PromoTheRobot
01-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Money is not an issue for Cowher in Buffalo. It's the succession plan when Ralph passes on. Coach Sal says that has been worked out, likely Mary Wilson will take the team over. That could be the deal maker.

PTR

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-03-2010, 08:01 PM
i hate all this pozotive news..makes me feel lile abig letdown is coming

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Money is not an issue for Cowher in Buffalo. It's the succession plan when Ralph passes on. Coach Sal says that has been worked out, likely Mary Wilson will take the team over. That could be the deal maker.

PTR

Huh? This makes no sense...

BuffaloBlakely14
01-03-2010, 08:03 PM
So frikkin stoked.

I think we are so close to something...I just hope we make it happen

PromoTheRobot
01-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Huh? This makes no sense...
I didn't mean money doesn't matter. Of course the Bills have to pay his price which will be north of $10M a year. But Cowher isn't sure he wants to commit to a franchise that will pull up stakes if the owner dies. Having a plan for Mrs. Wilson to take over removes the last objection Cowher would have to taking the job.

PTR

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 08:11 PM
HH states a lot of things. Many of them aren't true.

My opinion is alot different than stuff I get from the people I know. Do you guys remember when I said Kelly was asked to be involved in a coaching role 2-3 months ago. Kelly confirmed it in his presser 2 days ago.

Unlike our amateur reporters here I have absolutely nothing to gain by posting my info other than for fun. But all of my stuff I can back up.

Now my for my opinion, like Cowher coming here, is just what I think and that you can wipe your butt with. I have no inside knowledge on who will be our next HC but I still strongly doubt it will be Cowher. But I'd love to be wrong.

baalworship
01-03-2010, 08:13 PM
I remember Bill Cowher stating he really liked some of the young Buffalo players last year before the season started on CBS. I have no idea who those players are but if thinks he can make chicken salad from this chicken sh&^ all the more power to him.

Michael82
01-03-2010, 08:14 PM
My opinion is alot different than stuff I get from the people I know. Do you guys remember when I said Kelly was asked to be involved in a coaching role 2-3 months ago. Kelly confirmed it in his presser 2 days ago.

Unlike our amateur reporters here I have absolutely nothing to gain by posting my info other than for fun. But all of my stuff I can back up.

Now my for my opinion, like Cowher coming here, is just what I think and that you can wipe your butt with. I have no inside knowledge on who will be our next HC but I still strongly doubt it will be Cowher. But I'd love to be wrong.

I hope your wrong too. I would love to see all the negative people eat crow when Cowher is introduced at One Bills Drive as the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills...

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 08:15 PM
I remember Bill Cowher stating he really liked some of the young Buffalo players last year before the season started on CBS. I have no idea who those players are but if thinks he can make chicken salad from this chicken sh&^ all the more power to him.

Losman, Parrish, Bell, and McCargo.

cpearl
01-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Glazer has great sources and doesn't spew off (like Clayton, Mort, Carucci) to try and show up the newer guys with better sources (Schefter).

Remember, Glazer was the one that had all the inside info on the Farve comeback.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I hope your wrong too. I would love to see all the negative people eat crow when Cowher is introduced at One Bills Drive as the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills...

I'll say this. If the Bills hire Cowher I would say that would rank up there when we did the three way trade to get Cornelius Bennett. I knew the Bills were on their way that day. I just knew it was a turning point for the organization.

Cowher=respectability. I would gladly eat crow and would have to forgive the Bills for past sins.

BillsOwnAll
01-03-2010, 08:19 PM
He will make byrd the next polamalu(sp)!!!!!!!!

BillsWin
01-03-2010, 08:20 PM
I'll say this. If the Bills hire Cowher I would say that would rank up there when we did the three way trade to get Cornelius Bennett. I knew the Bills were on their way that day. I just knew it was a turning point for the organization.

Cowher=respectability. I would gladly eat crow and would have to forgive the Bills for past sins.

Generally you and I get along HH. It sickens me to see and read the negativity from you lately. It just keeps getting worse.

I really hope the Cowher deal goes through because if it does, your posts will be much better and all will be right in the world and the Bills may finally win a Super Bowl and this board and all the Bills boards around the web can finally go back to being a fun place to post.

Michael82
01-03-2010, 08:21 PM

I'm glad to hear that. Sorry about my *****y posts lately, but all the negativity towards Cowher as a Bill is driving me nuts. Each day, another sign points to it. The Bills are doing EVERYTHING in their power to sign him. The question is...does he want to come to Buffalo? I say yes and I also say that the game today made him more excited. I don't see him as a fit in either Tampa or Carolina. He loved Pittsburgh and the blue collar fans, plus the cold, winter weather. It's football, he said!

I'm so sick of ESPN and all the national media all week long destroying Bills fans by saying that there is no chance of him coming here. I want to see Clayton eat crow. That would be hilarious!

ByrdsTheWord
01-03-2010, 08:21 PM

He NEVER said he would be involved in a coaching role. He NEVER EVER said that. Maybe i'll get you a hearing aid next christmas old man.

He said he knows what it takes to get into coaching and has too much involved with his life to get into coaching. You're WRONG old timer.

Dr. Lecter
01-03-2010, 08:23 PM
He NEVER said he would be involved in a coaching role. He NEVER EVER said that. Maybe i'll get you a hearing aid next christmas old man.

He said he knows what it takes to get into coaching and has too much involved with his life to get into coaching. You're WRONG old timer.

Chill a little. Please.

Only I can talk to hhurricane like that....

cpearl
01-03-2010, 08:23 PM
He will make Byrd the next Rod Woodson. Polamalu is a SS.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Generally you and I get along HH. It sickens me to see and read the negativity from you lately. It just keeps getting worse.

I really hope the Cowher deal goes through because if it does, your posts will be much better and all will be right in the world and the Bills may finally win a Super Bowl and this board and all the Bills boards around the web can finally go back to being a fun place to post.

I lost it last year when they traded Peters and I never recovered from it. You don't trade a franchise LT. It was at that point that I realized that no one was questioning the old man. Russ Brandon is just happy to be there and he's never going to challenge Wilson because he could never get that job elsewhere. Polian was always confident enough to stand up to the old fart because he knew he could get a job elsewhere.

If you read my posts when I first joined here I was not a negative person to the degree I am now.

Think about this. If Cowher is here I'm not going to challenge what the FO is doing because I know he's not going to tolerate any BS. Guaranteed that Peters is still a Bill if Cowher had been here. That I'm reasonably sure of. i doubt that Peters situation would have ever got to a boiling point because Cowher, unlike Jauron, would have had respect from the player and the owner. the fact that Peters only has his agent to fight his battle is probably half of the problem.

THRILLHO
Not trying to be the one to piss in everyone's cheerios, but it just seems like Cowher is paying us lip service, much like Shanny did. We all know, when someone says they are impressed with a player or team, they are most likely not interested. FAs say it all the time. When I heard that Cowher said that, he was gone in my mind. I hope I get to eat crow, I really do because I want Cowher as much as everyone.

paladin warrior
Come on Ralph! open up that checkbook and offer him $10-11 million per year! Get him here! :pray: It will be worth it for your bottom line. I guarantee that a Cowher hire would sell over 60,000 season tickets. Hell...even 65,000. Plus the suites and all that would start selling well. What If His checkbook is checkbound. I hope not.:nervous: