PDA

View Full Version : I just had a horrible thought at HC

The Jokeman
01-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Ted Cottrell. As he has a history with Ralph and the Bills. He's also got a history with Nix in San Diego. Now he has some HC experience having just coached the New York Sentinels in the UFL. Someone please tell me that this won't happen.
:please:

Prov401
01-03-2010, 09:32 PM
It won't happen.

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Anything can happen with Ralph as the owner....didn't we just hire Buddy Nix???

Michael82
01-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Anything can happen with Ralph as the owner....didn't we just hire Buddy Nix???

I have no idea why you or others keep ripping Buddy Nix. Even Sal said on his show today....

"I can tell you from people I've talked to in the NFL circles (coaching, administration, scouting, players). Buddy Nix is one of the most respected personnel evaluators in the last 20-years in the NFL!"

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 09:58 PM
I have no idea why you or others keep ripping Buddy Nix. Even Sal said on his show today....

"I can tell you from people I've talked to in the NFL circles (coaching, administration, scouting, players). Buddy Nix is one of the most respected personnel evaluators in the last 20-years in the NFL!"

They didn't even interview candidates from outside the organization! This is the only franchise that operates like a minor league team. That is what bothers me about the hire.

casdhf
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM
We didnt have a GM when he was hired. maybe that is what brought him in?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-03-2010, 10:00 PM
No way, the guy could not even win a game in the UFL as head coach.

Michael82
01-03-2010, 10:00 PM
They didn't even interview candidates from outside the organization! This is the only franchise that operates like a minor league team. That is what bothers me about the hire.

You ever stop to think that if u want a certain guy and can't afford to wait until after the season ends...you hire the GM before the season ends. Then you can hire the coach this week. If the Bills hire Cowher, the promotion of Nix made PERFECT sense.

Nighthawk
01-03-2010, 10:03 PM
You ever stop to think that if u want a certain guy and can't afford to wait until after the season ends...you hire the GM before the season ends. Then you can hire the coach this week. If the Bills hire Cowher, the promotion of Nix made PERFECT sense.

And haven't I been saying this exact thing since Nix was hired??? If this was precursor to bringing in Cowher or Schottenheimer, then I'm OK with it. If not, it's the same crap that has been going on at One Bills Drive for the past decade.

justasportsfan
01-03-2010, 10:21 PM
it's better than john Guy and Russ Brandon calling the shots. A football GM wouldn't bring in a TO and stick him in a conservative systen with no OL and a qb that dinks and dunks.. Thats a marketing move and not a football move. Not saying Nix is the next Polian but I'd rather face the known in nix than what is known about Russ and Guy. They don't know football.

SquishDaFish
01-04-2010, 02:34 AM
Dude this man is well respected in the NFL by alot of people. His resume kicks ass. If he was brought in from SD to be the GM you be going nuts about him. He has only been here from Feb give the guy a break. Maybe that is the reason he was brought here in Feb?? And it is def better then Brandon and Guy calling the main shots.