I called an old media friend of mine today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

I called an old media friend of mine today.

I spoke with a retired member of the Pittsburgh media today (after reading about the stealth meeting) who covered the Steelers in Cowher's time there and actually became quite close with "the chin". He said:

"I don't know the specifics, but I can tell you that Bill will be coming back to coaching and Buffalo is the place I would peg him at."

"Speaking with some people involved, the interest is real, the situation is real, the talk is real, if the money is real, Bill Cowher will be the next head coach in Buffalo."

"I don't know what other options he has had, but the only two he has entertained are Carolina and Buffalo and Carolina really hasn't been an option."

"They talk about Tampa and how that is a good spot for Bill. But I know Bill. Bill likes the cold, Bill likes the fans up north, Bill likes the blue collar, American fan. Bill likes to win, and bring winning to those who deserve it."

"Yes, I certainly believe that Cowher would consider an offer from Buffalo and I think they are a good match."

I trust him, he is a good man and has years and years of experience and contacts made. He didn't say there was an imminent signing, but he says it is a good possibility.

I hope I helped in some way. I don't have many Buffalo contacts so I kind of had to dig and find the guy's number again, but he is pretty reliable. Not that he gave any facts really. He just thinks it is a match.

Take it for what it's worth.
    I am The Batman.
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Re: I called an old media friend of mine today.

Championship.

Book it.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

That's the kind of scoop that I've been waiting for! Thanks for sharing, man!

IN COWHER, WE TRUST!

Comment

• jdbillsfan
        • Oct 2002

So what is the story in Carolina? That seems to be the biggest competition for him. The panthers have been winning their past few games, but I am sure Cowher is enticing for them.

Is there an offer on the table for Fox?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
          So what is the story in Carolina? That seems to be the biggest competition for him. The panthers have been winning their past few games, but I am sure Cowher is enticing for them.

Is there an offer on the table for Fox?
          Fox has one year left. i think they could just ride it out. The funny part is that I don't think Carolina has showed that much interest in Cowher. It has been more about Cowher wanting to coach near his family.

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Fox has one year left. i think they could just ride it out. The funny part is that I don't think Carolina has showed that much interest in Cowher. It has been more about Cowher wanting to coach near his family.
            You hit the nail on the head. I think that is what my source meant when he said that Carolina hasn't ever really been an option.
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• k-oneputt
              • Jun 2009

Tampa area is more college football. Bucs are second fiddle there. In Buffalo the Bills are the #1 team, like the Steelers.

Carolina is the one that worries me. We have to hope they keep/extend Fox.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Cowher is a great coach. The guy just knows football. My old football coach (Mark Capuano) knew him well, and from what I've heard said he's just a down-home, football mastermind. He may have only one SB ring, but by God the man earned it. If he can bring a winning, hardnosed football approach to Buffalo, I will be eternally greatful to Ralph, the FO, and Buddy. Another disappointing year has passed, and it's the incessant ramblings of a football fan, but It'd ROCK to have the Chin give this team some life.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                  Tampa area is more college football. Bucs are second fiddle there. In Buffalo the Bills are the #1 team, like the Steelers.

Carolina is the one that worries me. We have to hope they keep/extend Fox.
                  Keeping Fox? Yes, will they extend him? Unless they get a reliable QB behind that line I don't see it happening.
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                    !?!?!?!?!?
                    • Mar 2006

grrrrrrrrreat post

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Thanks for sharing, BW.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

we need this to happen it would finally give this organization a face,
                        the personnel he could bring in would be outstanding
                        and allow Nix to concentrate on the draft
                        this would sell more season tickets then a TO signing
                        this would also give us a HC to go against Billacheat and Parcells
                        thanks BillsWin i appreciate the info
                        Last edited by bigbub2352; 01-03-2010, 08:49 PM.
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• billsburgh
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
                          I spoke with a retired member of the Pittsburgh media today (after reading about the stealth meeting) who covered the Steelers in Cowher's time there and actually became quite close with "the chin". He said:

"I don't know the specifics, but I can tell you that Bill will be coming back to coaching and Buffalo is the place I would peg him at."

"Speaking with some people involved, the interest is real, the situation is real, the talk is real, if the money is real, Bill Cowher will be the next head coach in Buffalo."

"I don't know what other options he has had, but the only two he has entertained are Carolina and Buffalo and Carolina really hasn't been an option."

"They talk about Tampa and how that is a good spot for Bill. But I know Bill. Bill likes the cold, Bill likes the fans up north, Bill likes the blue collar, American fan. Bill likes to win, and bring winning to those who deserve it."

"Yes, I certainly believe that Cowher would consider an offer from Buffalo and I think they are a good match."

I trust him, he is a good man and has years and years of experience and contacts made. He didn't say there was an imminent signing, but he says it is a good possibility.

I hope I helped in some way. I don't have many Buffalo contacts so I kind of had to dig and find the guy's number again, but he is pretty reliable. Not that he gave any facts really. He just thinks it is a match.

Take it for what it's worth.
                          are you able to say which retired member of the Pittsburgh media this was? Did he used to write for the Post Gazette?

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by billsburgh
                            are you able to say which retired member of the Pittsburgh media this was? Did he used to write for the Post Gazette?
                            I'm sorry but I cannot and will not out of respect for this gentleman and his wishes to remain anonymous in his retirement release his name. All I will say is he retired within the past five years and he has been a member of the media in several major cities, ending his career in Pittsburgh.
                            Last edited by BillsWin; 01-03-2010, 09:11 PM.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• billsburgh
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
                              I'm sorry but I cannot and will not out of respect for this gentleman and his wishes to remain anonymous in his retirement release his name. All I will say is he retired within the past five years and he has been a member of the media in several major cities including Chicago and Pittsburgh.
                              no problem, I was just curious. thanks for sharing this info with us.

Comment

Working...
                              X