PDA

View Full Version : This needs to be said!!

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Kudos to our fans. I don't know a dumber place on the planet where 73,000 people show up in a blizzard to root on a team that's 5-10. If the league and NY State can't figure out that Buffalo, like Green Bay, needs to be preserved as a staple of the league than **** them.

I love Buffalo for this and I will always be a Buffalonian.

I was at the Falcons game last week and it couldn't have been any lamer.

I hope the league figures it out and doesn't let the Jerry Jones of the world destroy a true piece of Americana.

SpillerThrills
01-03-2010, 08:27 PM
I couldn't believe that amount of guys with their shirts off at the game today! they kept showing them on TV and I couldn't believe it!

ServoBillieves
01-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Kudos to our fans. I don't know a dumber place on the planet where 73,000 people show up in a blizzard to root on a team that's 5-10. If the league and NY State can't figure out that Buffalo, like Green Bay, needs to be preserved as a staple of the league than **** them.

I love Buffalo for this and I will always be a Buffalonian.

I was at the Falcons game last week and it couldn't have been any lamer.

I hope the league figures it out and doesn't let the Jerry Jones of the world destroy a true piece of Americana.

.... Easily the best thread I've seen on here in a long, long while. I don't care if Time Warner bought up the rest of the tickets, it's the damn truth.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

BillsWin
01-03-2010, 08:28 PM
:bf1:

Dr. Lecter
All I will say is that the reported attendance was wrong.

No way there were more than 60,000 in that stadium

Michael82
There was at least 50,000. I was pretty impressed with how many people came today.

k-oneputt
01-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Goodell is in our corner. If he can help it the Bills won't be moving.

ServoBillieves
01-03-2010, 08:33 PM

If there were 50,000 in that stadium, it's still making a great point. Buffalo's spirit has been broken for the Lord knows how long, and yet we still show up in hopes that our Bills can do something to make us believe again... Just shows the determination of the Western New Yorker and the die hards.

Ebenezer
01-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Kudos to our fans. I don't know a dumber place on the planet where 73,000 people show up in a blizzard to root on a team that's 5-10.

so, nobody is dumber than Buffalonians?

DrGraves
01-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I was in Baltimore a few days ago and listening to one of the local sports radio talk shows.... let me just say their fans suck. In two successive calls into the show fans asked:

1. What is the plane like that the players will be traveling in to Oakland this week? Who travels with the team?

2. I'm thinking about going to spring training to see the O's with my son, what should I know?

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? Your team is on the cusp of making the playoffs and this is what you're talking about???? What a joke. BUFFALO FANS ARE THE BEST

Ebenezer
01-03-2010, 08:36 PM

There were a lot of fans dressed as empty seats in Tampa.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 08:39 PM

Miami was playing for a playoff spot and it looked like half the stadium was full. I'm watching the Bills stadium, in a blizzard, and it looked like we were playing to go to the Superbowl.

No matter how you slice it is truely awesome.

By the way, i always went to the snow games when I lived in Buffalo as they were always my favorite.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2010, 08:40 PM
so, nobody is dumber than Buffalonians?

Lovingly. I'm one of the dummys.

elltrain22
01-03-2010, 08:42 PM
great post

:bf1:

Michael82
01-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Miami was playing for a playoff spot and it looked like half the stadium was full. I'm watching the Bills stadium, in a blizzard, and it looked like we were playing to go to the Superbowl.

No matter how you slice it is truely awesome.

By the way, i always went to the snow games when I lived in Buffalo as they were always my favorite.

They are my favorites! It just seems like a different atmosphere and is such a blast when it snows and we are all standing the whole game and cheering our heads off.

imbondz
01-03-2010, 08:45 PM
nothing better than a snow game in Buffalo

imbondz
01-03-2010, 08:46 PM
when we win.

bigbub2352
01-03-2010, 08:53 PM
RW and the nation needs to realize that no matter how many fans showed up we sold out the stadium all but 2500 tickets after the holidays, knowing the deacade of failure was complete
we sold out 24 staright games and didnt make the playoffs during that time
Ralph and the NFL cant not recognize the true value of a fanbase like ours
Now go get Cowher and u sell more season tickets than u ever would with any FA signing
GO BILLS!

billsburgh
01-03-2010, 08:54 PM
hoping Bill Cowher took notice of this.

Michael82
01-03-2010, 09:02 PM
hoping Bill Cowher took notice of this.

I heard that he commented at halftime and said, Now that's football!

JPFBillsFan
01-03-2010, 09:05 PM
God bless you crazy people!

jdbillsfan
01-03-2010, 09:09 PM
After watching today, I felt better about the Bills chances of staying. You can't move a team where the fans show up like that.

Beebe's Kid
01-04-2010, 09:33 AM
I took a good friend with me yesterday, and it was his first snow game. He looked at me when it was a white-out in the 2nd Qtr and said "When we were driving here, I was asking myself if this was worth it. It's definitely f@#king worth it!!!"

Another friend of mine's wife, while we were cooking prior to the game, said that Buffalo should have a dome...we told her that under normal circumstances we would respect her opinion, but due to the complete blasphemous nature of her her comments that she was to return to cooking burgers immediately, and refrain from speaking the rest of the day. There was no explanation needed, and she is lucky she wasn't one of the dudes, because a comment like that would certainly land you outside the "Circle of Trust." As we all know, once you are outside of the "Circle," you can only enter through great difficulty.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 09:43 AM
I took a good friend with me yesterday, and it was his first snow game. He looked at me when it was a white-out in the 2nd Qtr and said "When we were driving here, I was asking myself if this was worth it. It's definitely f@#king worth it!!!"

Another friend of mine's wife, while we were cooking prior to the game, said that Buffalo should have a dome...we told her that under normal circumstances we would respect her opinion, but due to the complete blasphemous nature of her her comments that she was to return to cooking burgers immediately, and refrain from speaking the rest of the day. There was no explanation needed, and she is lucky she wasn't one of the dudes, because a comment like that would certainly land you outside the "Circle of Trust." As we all know, once you are outside of the "Circle," you can only enter through great difficulty.

I wanted to slit my wrists after watching my first game in the Georgia Dome.

ddaryl
01-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Hopefully Coach Cowher really notices the passion we have for football in Buffalo, becaue to me that is the one intangible the Bills can offer Cowher to become our coach. Real passionate fans who brave it all to support the team.

now take that intangible and smother it in $$$$ and we should be getting our coach