PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting anxious

Beastie Bills
01-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Seriously. I'm losing my mind. Time is standing still. There are 154 online right now, I'm guessing doing the same thing as me, reloading every 10 minutes to see if there are any new developments.

Cowher wasn't even my top hope heading into this. But all this hype and all this thought about it is driving me mad, and it's driven me to the point where I want him as bad as any free agent or rookie I've ever wanted.

I feel it's bad for the Bills, though, unless they can pull it off. There are several other suitable hires that I think could be as good or better than Cowher, for us. It's just gonna be tough for him to live up to this hype is all, and the rate of success by SB coaches on 2nd stints is low.

But, regardless...I want Cowher now. I just want this deal to get done!! One way or another. If he snubs us, I can go on hating him for the rest of my life. One thing I'm certain of, though, is Ralph and the boys sure seem as if they're doing they're damndest to get him, and I give them props for that.

I hope things work out for the best. And soon!:giggity:

SeatownBillsFan21
01-03-2010, 11:11 PM
I do the same things this time i will try not to be let down as hard as i have been in the past when we dont get the guy I want.

BillsWin
01-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Cowher won't sign with Buffalo IMMEDIATELY. If he does at all.

The Bills have an interview with Perry Fewell tomorrow. Once that is out of the way, the Rooney rule is out the window and Buffalo can pursue Cowher twice as aggressively and keep options B and C open.

Hitting the refresh button every ten minutes will drive you insane. Trust me, I've done the same many times.

Wait until the Fewell interview is over and then watch the fireworks. This will be an interesting 7-10 days.

You will get reports from Schefter, rotoworld, Clayton, Glazer, LaCanfora as well as the local guys Pat and Sal and buffalonews and etc. etc. and even I will keep my eyes, ears, phone and email box ready to let you guys in on anything I can.

Stupid Rooney rule. I'm not saying I'm against what the rule stands for, I'm just pissed that when you have a guy in mind, you can't go after him until you interview someone else who might not even be on your list of top candidates.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Cowher won't sign with Buffalo IMMEDIATELY. If he does at all.

The Bills have an interview with Perry Fewell tomorrow. Once that is out of the way, the Rooney rule is out the window and Buffalo can pursue Cowher twice as aggressively and keep options B and C open.

Hitting the refresh button every ten minutes will drive you insane. Trust me, I've done the same many times.

Wait until the Fewell interview is over and then watch the fireworks. This will be an interesting 7-10 days.

You will get reports from Schefter, rotoworld, Clayton, Glazer, LaCanfora as well as the local guys Pat and Sal and buffalonews and etc. etc. and even I will keep my eyes, ears, phone and email box ready to let you guys in on anything I can.

Stupid Rooney rule.

They should've interviewed him immediately after the game
That way we can send Cowher his cap and plane tickets
BTW... The Rooney rule is meant to protect minorities, right? If you want to eliminate racism, wouldnt you just get rid of this rule and make everyone equal? not sure if anyone knows where im getting at or not

BillsWin
01-03-2010, 11:20 PM
I've got something that will really drive you nuts. In case you haven't heard, Buffalo News is reporting that the Bills and Cowher could meet again this week.

BillsWin
01-03-2010, 11:21 PM
They should've interviewed him immediately after the game
That way we can send Cowher his cap and plane tickets
BTW... The Rooney rule is meant to protect minorities, right? If you want to eliminate racism, wouldnt you just get rid of this rule and make everyone equal? not sure if anyone knows where im getting at or not

I see what you are getting at. I agree actually.

I respect the merits of the rooney rule, but not how it works. You see what I am saying?

Dying_-2-_Live
01-03-2010, 11:22 PM
I've got something that will really drive you nuts. In case you haven't heard, Buffalo News is reporting that the Bills and Cowher could meet again this week.
Just read that... I hope its true

Dying_-2-_Live
01-03-2010, 11:39 PM
I see what you are getting at. I agree actually.

I respect the merits of the rooney rule, but not how it works. You see what I am saying?
by implementing the rule, they are actually segregating people and pointing out the " minorities "

Prov401
01-03-2010, 11:47 PM
by implementing the rule, they are actually segregating people and pointing out the " minorities "

Exactly. Couldn't of said it better. Tomlin still would have been interviewed in Pitt. He was highly touted, and has lived up to his expectations. If your a good coach in the NFL, someday you will probably be get the oppurtunity to be a head coach. Regardless of race.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Imagine how Fewell is gonna feel knowing he's only getting the interview because its necessary due to the color of his skin. I'd feel about 2 feet tall if I were him.

mikemac2001
01-04-2010, 12:21 AM
its the point to help them get interviews when they normally wouldn't might help them on a 2nd or 3rd interview where they might have a chance......

think you can go both ways look at college though they dont have the rule and there are barely any

shelby
01-04-2010, 04:17 AM
i'm worried this board may implode.

B-DON
01-04-2010, 07:15 AM
tomlin my never have gotten the pitt job with out the rooney rule. he had only been a dc for one year in minny when he was hired by pitt. he was not a big name at that point either

trapezeus
01-04-2010, 08:40 AM
rooney rule makes sense. if its treated properly, it allows people to state their case.

In the bills case, they've gone after crappy coaches and first time hires too many times to let any coach who is a first time coach slide through.

The bills did fewell a favor and let him coach for 7 weeks to showcase his headcoaching ability. He learned a little on the sidelines. He has had a good defense for 4 years with what he has to work with.

He's going to be a DC again and he'll have a shot again as a coach. He'll have benefited from the interview process today for a future job.

Novacane
01-04-2010, 08:45 AM

To sign the tenative agreement :pray: