PDA

View Full Version : When in doubt follow the Money...

Bmax
01-04-2010, 12:21 AM
It's always about the money !!!!! Especially where Ralph is concerned. Ralph has always keep the money guy close to him. Thus Russ reports to Ralph....

Nix in an interview on a local TV station stated that they would narrow their choices to the top two or three and reach agreement that all three were happy with. Hmmm...

Ok think about it, Russ doesn't want a guy who he can't market to generate ticket sales.. They talked about not signing big ticket free agents at Nix 's press conference. Where does that leave you ? It's either the Draft or a New Coach... The draft is a crap shoot...A Qb would get the base excited, but is there a guy worthy of the ninth pick in the draft ?

So what to do at coach ?

Cowher is a no brainer ..He would be a rock star in Buffalo.. His face alone would be marketed everywhere...It would a bigger impact than T.O ..Trust me the Bills Brain trust knows.. or should i say marketing money guys. The salary would not be an issue .. the ticket sales would be through the roof.

So if they fail with Cowher .. Bilick or Grimm would appease fans and they could save some face and market them both to the Blue Collar fan base...

Anybody else will be a tough sell... Rivera would acceptable if the Chargers went to the Super Bowl.

Haslett would a reach that would only satisfy old die hard fans...who remember his playing days...Anyone else would be PR nightmare.

Thoughts ?

Bmax

Ingtar33
01-04-2010, 12:35 AM
It's always about the money !!!!! Especially where Ralph is concerned. Ralph has always keep the money guy close to him. Thus Russ reports to Ralph....

Nix in an interview on a local TV station stated that they would narrow their choices to the top two or three and reach agreement that all three were happy with. Hmmm...

Ok think about it, Russ doesn't want a guy who he can't market to generate ticket sales.. They talked about not signing big ticket free agents at Nix 's press conference. Where does that leave you ? It's either the Draft or a New Coach... The draft is a crap shoot...A Qb would get the base excited, but is there a guy worthy of the ninth pick in the draft ?

So what to do at coach ?

Cowher is a no brainer ..He would be a rock star in Buffalo.. His face alone would be marketed everywhere...It would a bigger impact than T.O ..Trust me the Bills Brain trust knows.. or should i say marketing money guys. The salary would not be an issue .. the ticket sales would be through the roof.

So if they fail with Cowher .. Bilick or Grimm would appease fans and they could save some face and market them both to the Blue Collar fan base

Anybody else will be a tough sell... Rivera would acceptable if the Chargers went to the Super Bowl.

Haslett would a reach that would only satisfy old die hard fans...who remember his playing days...Anyone else would be PR nightmare.

Thoughts ?

Bmax

Cowher, Shanny, Billick, Marty Schottenheimer, Dungy all could be marketed as a win to general fan applause... as they all have high career win percentage, a load of playoff appearances and except for Marty, they all have rings.

Grimm, Fox (if fired/let go) and Weis might pass the fans smell test though i doubt a lot of excitement would be generated, and plenty of people will be pissed.

Ron Rivera, Brian Schottenheimer, and Haslett, and any other retread HC or Coordinator (Cameron) would probably ignite the fan base in a rage like you've never seen before.