PDA

View Full Version : So our win yesterday ended up costing us

Poz's Posse
01-04-2010, 03:58 AM
one slot in the draft?

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

Buddo
01-04-2010, 04:13 AM
Sort of. The biggest problem regardless, was that the Bills Strength of Schedule was already higher than just about any other team around us, and it was only getting worse by us playing the Colts. It was possible for us to stay at 8th, but the best we could have hoped for was 7th I think. If the Raiders had won, and we lost, we would have been guaranteed 8th, but lots - and I mean lots - of other results would have had to go our way, for our S.O.S. to change enough to get ahead of another team.

Goobylal
01-04-2010, 07:39 AM
It cost them more in the later rounds, as teams with the same record rotate in successive rounds (i.e. in the above link, the Browns will pick 6th in the 2nd round while the Raiders will pick 7th and the Seahawks will pick 8th). But in the first round, it really didn't cost them because the Raiders always make some wild/stupid pick that shouldn't affect the Bills.

DBrown77
01-04-2010, 07:46 AM
I have no problem with winning

Ingtar33
01-04-2010, 08:06 AM
one slot in the draft?

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

yep. AFTER yesterdays results we can tell that very little changed. had we lost yesterday we would have drafted 8th, by winning we ended up in 9th

casdhf
01-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Well worth the cost for the W

tampabay25690
01-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Winning is better then 1 slot in the draft...

This is a new decade and we started with a win, lets get this thing turned around the Bills and the fans need a winner again...

We are great fans and we deserve it....

yordad
01-04-2010, 08:25 AM
That one spot in round one is 4 spots in round 2.

THRILLHO
01-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Never lose to move up in the draft, ever. The players deserved a win, the fans deserved a win. It looked like both players and fans were having a blast out there yesterday, and that was great to see. Made me go out of the season with a smile when we had nothing to smile about all season.

Jan Reimers
01-04-2010, 08:28 AM
In the last several years, our first round picks have ranged from pedestrian to laughable.

I don't think 1 spot means anything. If we draft well under Nix, we'll get as good a player at 9 as we would have at 8. If we draft like we have over the past 3-4 years, we'll get Danteshawn McMaybin.