• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Don’t expect Nix to wait on Cowher for long

The new Bills general manager, speaking with ABC’s Buffalo affiliate Jeff Russo, didn’t sound like a guy willing to sit on the sidelines to see if Cowher will become the Bills next head coach.

“Everybody has got those guys on their list,” Nix told Russo in direct reference to Cowher. “You want to be realistic. But again, I think you can bring that to a head quick rather than getting strung out. I think you go after, this is our offer, Are you interested? If you are let’s move on if you’re not let us know about it. I think that’s the kind of approach we ought to take.”
    FULL STORY

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • THRILLHO
    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
    • Feb 2009

Re: Don’t expect Nix to wait on Cowher for long

Seems to me, if we hire Cowher (IF), it would be very early. If we still do not have a head coach by this time next monday, I would count Cowher out completely.

Though I am not sure how being hired by us would conflict with his pregame show on CBS through the playoffs. Any info there Pat, or anyone?
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

odd, Nix wants to hire a coach quickly who could stop losing. He wants to hurry that process along, yet he needs time to evaluate Modrak and Guy.

Same old same old. They are expecting Cowher to just jump at this offer. They must either make this an offer Cowher can't refuse, or they are going to do the same old same old and move on from him because they are impatient and not offering enough.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Good article. I like this part

Nix was also asked about the status of Vice President of College Scouting Tom Modrak and Vice President of Player Personnel John Guy......................Nix’s is keenly aware fans want to see some heads roll for the decade-long playoff drought, but was non-committal about the future of anyone in the front office.

Glad he's aware we want them gone. Now get to making some heads roll Buddy

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
          odd, Nix wants to hire a coach quickly who could stop losing. He wants to hurry that process along, yet he needs time to evaluate Modrak and Guy.

Same old same old. They are expecting Cowher to just jump at this offer. They must either make this an offer Cowher can't refuse, or they are going to do the same old same old and move on from him because they are impatient and not offering enough.

Good point. It should not take much time to evaluate Guy and Modrak.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus

"Jason, take the 8 million a year now or we have to trade you."

I agree, same old stuff. Modrak and guy keep getting passes but I'd like to know who signed off on Maybin and McCargo?

Jauron had that much power in a dead man walking year? It was his call to draft Maybin? No way. Modrak made the call but he keeps getting a pass on the ridiculous drafts.

We could have used the zone for the last 2 drafts and we would have gotten right. Everyone here wanted Orakpo and not Maybin.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Question: What's the hurry?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                I don't see one.

There isn't going to be 11 vacancies like they were last year

There is Buffalo and Washington right now, and Washington already has their coach it just isn't official yet.

Oakland we're hearing is about to have one also, but no way in the world Cowher is going to Oakland, or anyone we'd want for that matter, other than MAYBE Rivera?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                  Knows More Than You
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  I don't see one.

There isn't going to be 11 vacancies like they were last year

There is Buffalo and Washington right now, and Washington already has their coach it just isn't official yet.

Oakland we're hearing is about to have one also, but no way in the world Cowher is going to Oakland, or anyone we'd want for that matter, other than MAYBE Rivera?
                  Yeah I agree with this...I could see Al Davis hiring Rivera, which I'm obviously fine with.

The Giants job could be an interesting one to watch. I think in any other market, winning the Super Bowl a few years ago would be gravy for a coach like Coughlin..but this is NYC were talking about. After all the Jets just made the playoffs and a new stadium is on the horizion...I could see Cohwer leaping at this chance
                  BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

If the rumours are true, and Rivera and Brian S. are candidates, they'll have to likely wait until those teams are eliminated anyways.

I hope Nix isn't sitting there saying "There's no way we are going to pay a coach 10 mill + a season, so I'll just say that we can't wait on a guy like Cowher, and say that we will give him a take it-or-leave-it offer"

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

i believ ethe bills will offer cowher what he wants, but i also believe that the bills, specifically ralph, have too much pride to be left waiting. they are offering what they believe, and actually know to be, one of the best offers for a HC position.

Their stance may be, "if cowher isn't as excited to take this package right now, there is no way he's going to be 100% committed to buffalo. So what's the points?" From a business standpoint, that kind of makes some sense.

from a fan's viewpoint of spending money and losing every year, it makes no sense.

Cowher has to want to be here or else we are just paying him a lot to be a failure and leave with no cares. If the bills offer ownership to him, he'll literally have a very vested interest in how the bills do.

they need to pull the trigger on this sooner than later if its goign to happen from both sides.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

I hope Nix isn't sitting there saying "There's no way we are going to pay a coach 10 mill + a season, so I'll just say that we can't wait on a guy like Cowher, and say that we will give him a take it-or-leave-it offer"
                        If Shanny got a 10 + plus offer with a small % of the team, then Cowher should get that same offer + a little more.

If he says no then move on to plan B , whatever that may be.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                          • Sep 2003

The hurry is getting a complete coaching staff in place to evaluate current players on the team. They need to evaluate FA's for whatever system they will employ and finally the draft. So there is alot of work to be done... Ralph and Buddy get r done.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

I expect Nix to take some time to bring Cowher in.

If he is going to get nerovous if it doesn't happen in a week then he shouldn't be a GM... This is a big deal and needs to be handled like its the biggest deal this franchise has ever pursued.

Anyone besides Cowher at this point will be huge dissapointent for me.... but I'm used to being dissapointed...
                            Last edited by ddaryl; 01-04-2010, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                              The hurry is getting a complete coaching staff in place to evaluate current players on the team. They need to evaluate FA's for whatever system they will employ and finally the draft. So there is alot of work to be done... Ralph and Buddy get r done.
                              Plus the college all-star games start in a couple weeks. I'm sure Nix plans to be at a couple, especially the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.

He would probably like to go with is new coach, since many are there in the stands watching the workouts.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X