PDA

View Full Version : Players that won't be here next year?

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 09:51 AM
I'll start with Parrish who will be released and not traded. I also believe that we might trade Evans.

Jaybird
01-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Chambers, he has shown time and time again that he does not supply the team with any depth what so ever

Dr. Lecter
01-04-2010, 09:57 AM
What makes you think they will trade Evans?????

Marcus Stroud. Over paid and he was single teamed most of the year.

chernobylwraiths
01-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Schobel

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 10:01 AM

Stroud?? That's a daring pick.

I think any new coach is going to realize quickly that Evans is not a game changer.

You have a few better options in FA this year with Marshall and Boldin and Evans could be used in a trade to fortify the line.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Schobel

Another guy that we could trade. I like this one alot.

Beastie Bills
01-04-2010, 10:02 AM

Stroud just got an extension. He's not going anywhere next year.

If he doesn't improve next year, he may be gone in 2011 though.

But seriously, why cut him now? Do we have someone better?

M
01-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Wendling, Parrish, Chambers and most of the guys they signed due to everybody and their mother ending up on IR.

bigbub2352
01-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Trade Stroud, and Schobel all day, Kelsay too, Parrish good bye

alohabillsfan
01-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Depends on the coach we end up with...

Beastie Bills
01-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Roscoe - Not even that good of a returner anymore. Useless.
Denney - Useless
McCargo - Does he play? If he does, he's invisible.
Youboty - I've always liked him, and I thought he looked really good as a rookie, but he didn't impress me this year. He's clearly #5, behind McGee, McFumblin, Florence and Corner.

DieHrdBillsFan23
01-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Ellison

Beastie Bills
01-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Ellison

Meh...I disagree. He gets a lot of hate on the boards, but he's our second best LB.

DieHrdBillsFan23
01-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Meh...I disagree. He gets a lot of hate on the boards, but he's our second best LB.

I disagree, take the New England game, along with McKelvin, he single handely got burned TWICE by watson, in the 3 mins it took NE to take the game from us. He is always getting pushed around, out of position and making tackles after they get passed him down the field. Hes got to go.

ParanoidAndroid
01-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Roscoe - Not even that good of a returner anymore. Useless.
Denney - Useless
McCargo - Does he play? If he does, he's invisible.
Youboty - I've always liked him, and I thought he looked really good as a rookie, but he didn't impress me this year. He's clearly #5, behind McGee, McFumblin, Florence and Corner.

Good list. I'd put Youboty behind Cary Harris, too.

I wonder what's going to happen to Lynch. He's an awfully expensive #2 or #1b or however you want to view it.

Reed is a poter boy for mediocrity. I could see him hitting the road as well.

ParanoidAndroid
01-04-2010, 10:39 AM
I disagree, take the New England game, along with McKelvin, he single handely got burned TWICE by watson, in the 3 mins it took NE to take the game from us. He is always getting pushed around, out of position and making tackles after they get passed him down the field. Hes got to go.

That was a defensive scheme problem. They should have adjusted the coverage. A LB one-on-one with no deep safety help? I don't blame Ellison for that. It was a good throw and catch each time as well. To say he got burned "single-handedly" is unfair IMHO.

trapezeus
01-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Offense -

Meredith or scott will go from the line. you don't need both if you plan on drafting better OL early

Chambers is gone - my wife went to high school with him and he's a nice guy. But the sad truth is he's done in the NFL.

Reed is gone from this team - someone will take him to be the best blocker he can be.

Parrish - could be out of the NFL. Unless he takes a big cut, he could be gone.

Owens- probably gone.

Edwards or Fitz. depending on how the team wants to juggle the salaries or play of the QB. If they want a cheap guy, they'll keep Edwards and send milliondollar QB fitz to the curb. if they want a guy who showed durability, and had a couple decent games as a decent backup, they keep Fitz. If they draft a QB and are willing to ride brohm as early guy and back up at the end, both will be gone.

Marshawn - could be trade bait...most likely not. they need more RB's, not less.

DEFENSE

Mitchell - useless.
youtboty- reggie corner is the nickel guy once we have healthy corners
whitner - some contract situation in march, right? he's been a whipping boy long enough. he has to leave.
Kelsay-denney - no need.
Ellis - can't take this long to get on the field

And i'd imagine most of the scrubs who've been brought in the last 5 weeks will be gone as well.

Beastie Bills
01-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Good list. I'd put Youboty behind Cary Harris, too.

Yeah, you're right. I forgot about Harris.

I wonder what's going to happen to Lynch. He's an awfully expensive #2 or #1b or however you want to view it.

Not really. $10 million of his $19 million rookie contract was guaranteed. These are his salaries for the next 3 seasons.

2010: $885,000
2011: $1.14 million
2012: $1.14 million

That's pretty cheap. Here are Fred's contract numbers:

2010: $1.195 million (+ $250,000 reporting bonus)
2011: $1.625 million
2012: $1.830 million

Reed is a poter boy for mediocrity. I could see him hitting the road as well.

Yeah, I like Josh, but he'll probably be gone when the new staff gets here.

Forward_Lateral
01-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Instead of saying who's gone, here's who I'd keep.

Defense:

Byrd
McKelvin
Florence
Poz
Nic Harris
McGee
Kyle Williams
Schobel

Offense:

Wood
Levitre
Bell
Incognito
Evans
Jackson

ParanoidAndroid
01-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah, you're right. I forgot about Harris.

Not really. $10 million of his $19 million rookie contract was guaranteed. These are his salaries for the next 3 seasons.

2010: $885,000
2011: $1.14 million
2012: $1.14 million

That's pretty cheap. Here are Fred's contract numbers:

2010: $1.195 million (+ $250,000 reporting bonus)
2011: $1.625 million
2012: $1.830 million

Yeah, I like Josh, but he'll probably be gone when the new staff gets here.

I was unaware of those numbers, but I'd still try to trade him before he becomes a FA.... is there a player option somewhere in his contract that could make him a FA sooner?

billsburgh
01-04-2010, 11:50 AM
that's not really something to be proud of, is it?

dannyek71
01-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Schobel. He is gone. Right now, he is going to retire, but will not make things official until March. It has nothing to do with the Bills or money, it is just that he doesn't want to play anymore.

Beastie Bills
01-04-2010, 12:33 PM
that's not really something to be proud of, is it?

No, not at all. But we're not getting rid of the guy when we have nobody to replace him. And it's not like we could just draft a LB, and everything would be all puppies and rainbows. We need 2 more LB's even if we keep Ellison (hopefully, he moves to a backup/rotational role). There is no sense in cutting him and creating an even bigger hole.

Beastie Bills
01-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I was unaware of those numbers, but I'd still try to trade him before he becomes a FA.... is there a player option somewhere in his contract that could make him a FA sooner?

The 2012 year is "voidable", but I'm not sure what that means. I don't know who voids it...Lynch or the team.

Jan Reimers
01-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Let's see. . . Assuming TO is gone, and we get rid of Parrish and Reed, and trade Evans (all of which have been suggested here), we're going to create a major problem at WR. We'll have to use draft picks and FA signings which could better be used to fill other holes, and hope that Johnson and Hardy - with a a combined 3 catches this year - blossom into big time guys.

I'd rather keep Reed and Evans - good, professional receivers - and use fewer of our resources to completely rebuild our WR corps.