PDA

View Full Version : The Bill Cowher (or another coach) Billboard is OFFICIALLY underway!

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 10:47 AM
OK, ladies and gentlemen. It’s official. Starting right now, on behalf of Buffalo Bills fans everywhere I’m officially launching the Bill Cowher billboard campaign. If you’re interested (as most have stated you are) please read on. If not, sorry to waste your time.
At the end, visit the billboard page HERE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/donate/)
· We’re going to collect donations and run a billboard. Much like the “Fire Dick Jauron” billboard that was run earlier in the season, the billboard is going to run for a week. I just spoke with Jim from Lamar Advertising and got all the details. They are as follows.
· The billboard will go up on Monday January 11<SUP>th</SUP> and run for seven days (it’s the earliest Lamar Advertising can put it up, they’re sold out for the next week).
· The price is $1125
· The location is also in the same location that that Jauron billboard was at (190 Thruway, Ogden exit going downtown)
· There is only one digital spot left, its first come, first serve (obviously) and the artwork would be due Friday at noon.
· I will have a stickied post at the top of Buffalo Sports Daily, updating the amount raised several times per day, and other Billboard related news.
· The good news is if we erect a billboard and the Bills situation changes, we can change the billboard that day. (example- We got a “We Want Bill Cowher” Billboard and he was hired the next day, we can change it to Welcome to Buffalo, Bill”.. or if the Bills hired someone else or we wanted someone else, we can change it with adcopy on the fly)
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
This, in order will be the billboard’s message
1- An obvious “We Want Bill Cowher” billboard.
2- If he’s hired by the Bills during that time or before January 11, a “Welcome to Buffalo, Bill” billboard.
3- If Cowher decides he doesn’t want the Bills job or is hired elsewhere, we could move on to the next guy, which would be done by a quick poll and the consensus ruling.
4- If the Bills happen to hire a coach before next Monday, we welcome him to Buffalo.
Regardless it won’t be difficult. If billboard option #1 isn’t out there, I will run a one-day poll on Buffalo Sports Daily with options, each fan can vote one time, and the consensus is what we’ll do.
<o:p></o:p>
Charity
Any money raised that exceeds the cost of the billboard ($1125) will go directly to charity. I’m thinking we should donate to “Hunter’s Hopes’ on behalf of Buffalo Bills fans. In the unlikely event we’re unable to raise the $1125 and can’t get the billboard (that’s not happening) EVERY penny will be donated to Hunter’s Hope.
Again, I will keep a running total updated several times per day right at the top of Buffalo Sports Daily. I think this is a great way to show people how passionate Bills fans are and how desperate we are to change the losing culture at One Bills Drive.
It may not have directly led to Jauron’s firing, but don’t think for a second the Bills front office didn’t pay any mind to the countless stories that came of that billboard and the national attention it brought.
VISIT HERE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/donate/)to contribute and keep up with all the latest developments.

ddaryl
01-04-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm in for $20

JJamezz
01-04-2010, 10:54 AM
God, I hope this crap doesn't drag out that long.. I don't think I can take it..

I was really hoping we'd know something definitive today or tomorrow..

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 11:01 AM
I notified Hunter's Hope of a pending donation and have all the details worked out with Lamar Advertising.

hydro
01-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Got my 10 bucks.

Novacane
01-04-2010, 11:09 AM
It's very likely all going to be done by then. He will have told us no or been hired.

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 11:10 AM
$50 raised in about 6 minutes, lol

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 11:11 AM
It's very likely all going to be done by then. He will have told us no or been hired.

its possible. As detailed in post.
If he's hired, we welcome him here
If he's officially not taking the job, we target someone else.

Regardless, some money is also going to end up going to Hunter's Hope via a donation from Buffalo Bills fans. So its win/win.

Novacane
01-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Sorry, did not see that. I'm in for $10 then.

Mahdi
01-04-2010, 11:17 AM
So we're pretty much begging Cowher to come here? And spending hard earned money to convince someone to please please take the job??

Pretty sure Nix knows Cowher is out there and if he can get him he will.

superbills
01-04-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm in for $20

Ditto. And for the record...Bill or Bust (that leaves me an out in case Brian Billick is hired)

SabreEleven
01-04-2010, 11:21 AM
What if he gets hired before the billboard goes up?

gggbills
01-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks for setting this up Pat. Just gave $100....get it done Ralph!!!

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 11:23 AM

Then we can change it.. We can welcome him, call in for a coach of our choosing, welcome a different coach, basically whatever we want to do.

We're paying for the ad space, we can change the digital message.

And any proceed is going to Hunter's Hope and I dont think that's ever a bad thing.

hydro
01-04-2010, 11:24 AM

Read the thread :assclown:

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks for setting this up Pat. Just gave $100....get it done Ralph!!!

This guy aint lying just checked the donation account..

Thanks!

At the rate you guys are stepping up, this may be paid for TODAY

Michael82
01-04-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm in! :up: