PDA

View Full Version : Per league sources: The Bills will interview...

BillsWin
01-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Russ Grimm and Leslie Frazier.

BillsWin
01-04-2010, 11:22 AM
I don't have anymore information other than the list is now Cowher, Schottenheimer Jr., Ron Rivera, Russ Grimm, and Leslie Frazier.

The Billick reports were recanted.

Beastie Bills
01-04-2010, 11:23 AM
You mean the common sense guys? You know what sucks about that is they're both busy in the playoffs right now.

hydro
01-04-2010, 11:23 AM
*Everyone frantically googles Leslie Frazier to find out who the heck he is*

TheBrownBear
01-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Other than Rivera, I like that list a lot.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Love all these guys on this list.

cordog
01-04-2010, 11:25 AM
If Cowher doesnt end up here, Grimm would be the next best thing as far as a Cowher protege.....wouldnt mind either honestly. Well it looks like the Bills FO finally has a clue. If the interviewees consist of Cowher, Grimm, Frazier, and maybe a Rivera, I would be very pleased with the possibilities.

imbondz
01-04-2010, 11:26 AM
I don't want any coach that has coached any part of the Bengals.

evdawg419
Leslie Frazier is the defensive coordinator of the vikings. Sean McDermott (defensive coordinator of the eagles) was also on the report of people to be interviewed.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/glazer-bills-fire-entire-coaching-staff-010410

Novacane

I would like the list without Schottenheimer Jr also.

Wolffman
01-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Russ Grimm has been my 1st choice for a "non-experienced" HC all season. All the man has done is win wherever he's gone.

baalworship
01-04-2010, 11:33 AM
That list includes Eagles defensive coordinator Sean McDermitt, Cardinals assistant head coach Russ Grimm and Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier. Other possibilities include Jets offensive coordinator Brian Scottenheimer and Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera.

Italian Stallion
01-04-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm also a big supporter of a Grimm hire...this is actually a relatively impressive list of candidates if we can't land BC.

Forward_Lateral
01-04-2010, 11:36 AM
*Everyone frantically googles Leslie Frazier to find out who the heck he is*

Not me. He's the DC for the Vikings. I'd be happy if they hired him.

DraftBoy
01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Cowher, Grimm, or Frazier would be fantastic hires, imo.

Ed
01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
I would like the list without Schottenheimer Jr also.
Agreed. Remove his name from the list and I really couldn't complain about anyone. These are the best candidates we've had since Marv.

Dr. Lecter
01-04-2010, 11:41 AM
They can interview Frazier this week, since the Vikings are off.

Forward_Lateral
01-04-2010, 11:42 AM
I believe they'd need permission from the Vikings, wouldn't they?

Dr. Lecter
01-04-2010, 11:44 AM
I believe they'd need permission from the Vikings, wouldn't they?

Yes, but that is a procedural move. Teams let coordinators interview for HC openings. It might even be a rule

billsburgh
01-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Not me. He's the DC for the Vikings. I'd be happy if they hired him.
Can he bring Pat Williams back too?

soapman
01-04-2010, 11:47 AM
God please not Grimm. I'll shoot myself.

RockStar36
I would love Grimm, not so much on Frazier just yet. I'm sure I can talk myself into him though.

djjimkelly

i agree with that call rivera has run both a cover 2 and 3-4 in this league as a DC

he brings a 3-4 im fine with him however he doesnt know how to fix the offense

Luisito23
01-04-2010, 11:52 AM
I just don't see the fascination with Grimm.

DraftBoy
01-04-2010, 11:54 AM
I just don't see the fascination with Grimm.

Winning everywhere, having a concentration on line play, and being a legendary player who has rings both as a coach and player isn't enough?

soapman
01-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Winning everywhere, having a concentration on line play, and being a legendary player who has rings both as a coach and player isn't enough?
No, it's really not. Really.

Historian
01-04-2010, 11:56 AM
No more experiments.

I want credentials.

Wolffman
01-04-2010, 11:57 AM
No more experiments.

I want credentials.

Grimm has 4 of them. And possibly 1 from college.

DraftBoy
No, it's really not. Really.

Ah I see winning culture and super bowls are not what we are going for...remind me again what we try and win at the end of every season please?

justasportsfan
make him an OL coach then.

justasportsfan
01-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Ah I see winning culture and super bowls are not what we are going for...remind me again what we try and win at the end of every season please?
Unless he's had success calling the plays himself, I'm not sold but I'd rather take an offensive minded coach than a DC

Mahdi
01-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Cowher, Grimm, or Frazier would be fantastic hires, imo.
I gotta question Frazier. He has had a defense that shuts down the run because of Pat and Kevin Williams solely.

The guy was a DB coach before and their pass D has always been horrible. I think he is just a DC with one heck of a DL.

soapman
01-04-2010, 12:00 PM
How many plays has he called. In any win, any superbowl, hell any game period? What is it we have to do in every game again?

Demon
01-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Has Fewell interviewed yet? I assume he has.

DraftBoy
01-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Unless he's had success calling the plays himself, I'm not sold but I'd rather take an offensive minded coach than a DC

He is the running game coordinator for Arizona. He plans the running game out every week during practice for game day. He also makes the blocking assignments and such.

DraftBoy
01-04-2010, 12:04 PM
How many plays has he called. In any win, any superbowl, hell any game period? What is it we have to do in every game again?

Read his bio first, he is the running game coordinator. He schemes the entire running game every week. He may or may not call some plays as well in the running game since he plans it out.

PECKERWOOD
01-04-2010, 12:05 PM
A Leslie Frazier or a Ron Rivera hire most likely means that we'll keep the Cover 2, which I'm not thrilled about. Bring in a HC who likes the 3-4 or don't bring them in at all.

DraftBoy
01-04-2010, 12:07 PM
A Leslie Frazier or a Ron Rivera hire most likely means that we'll keep the Cover 2, which I'm not thrilled about. Bring in a HC who likes the 3-4 or don't bring them in at all.

The scheme we run doesnt mean anything. The Cover 2 works with the right personell. Just like the 3-4 wouldn't work without the right players.

Don't be caught up just on scheme.

justasportsfan
01-04-2010, 12:07 PM
He is the running game coordinator for Arizona. He plans the running game out every week during practice for game day. He also makes the blocking assignments and such.

that still doesn't mean he's in charge of calling the plays the entire game.

I guess I'd take him as long as he brings in proven OC like Trestman :D .

DraftBoy
01-04-2010, 12:08 PM
that still doesn't mean he's in charge of calling the plays the entire game.

I guess I'd take him as long as he brings in proven OC like Trestman :D .

I never claimed he wasn't but he does have experience scheming for opponents, and developing game plans. He's far more than a glorified position coach.

Mahdi
01-04-2010, 12:12 PM
The scheme we run doesnt mean anything. The Cover 2 works with the right personell. Just like the 3-4 wouldn't work without the right players.

Don't be caught up just on scheme.
Although I agree to an extent and usually this argument is the correct one, for Buffalo having a smallish defense might not work.

Nix brought up some valid points about having a team built to fit the conditions the team plays in.

Cover 2 might work for Indi and Tampa but I'm not sure it works here.

Playing in Buffalo is a grind and having the smallish fast guys might not be a fit.

That being said it's not a rule that the cover 2 can't work here and we have never had the personnel to fit the scheme since we adopted it.

Nighthawk
01-04-2010, 12:13 PM

No, I'd rather have a guy who has proven he can win in the NFL as a HC.

DraftBoy
01-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Although I agree to an extent and usually this argument is the correct one, for Buffalo having a smallish defense might not work.

Nix brought up some valid points about having a team built to fit the conditions the team plays in.

Cover 2 might work for Indi and Tampa but I'm not sure it works here.

Playing in Buffalo is a grind and having the smallish fast guys might not be a fit.

That being said it's not a rule that the cover 2 can't work here and we have never had the personnel to fit the scheme since we adopted it.

I see your point but I dont agree with it. We never had the players in here to successfully run the C2, imo.

DraftBoy
01-04-2010, 12:14 PM
No, I'd rather have a guy who has proven he can win in the NFL as a HC.

And I like guys who win everywhere, not just one place.

justasportsfan
01-04-2010, 12:15 PM
but he does have experience scheming for opponents, .

not enough experience for me to get excited about. Mularkey has a better resume than that .

I guess it will all depend on who he picks as coordinators. Otherwise, I'm not impressed.

Mahdi
01-04-2010, 12:16 PM
I see your point but I dont agree with it. We never had the players in here to successfully run the C2, imo.
Which is what I said.

Michael82
01-04-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm glad they are giving these first timers a chance while they still have this week. But I want Cowher FIRST and foremost!