PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna have the strongest offense this year in the AFC East?

WG
06-03-2003, 09:05 AM
Which of the AFC East teams do you think will have the best offense this season?

Phins054
06-03-2003, 10:21 AM
Good question...It depends on what #'s you're looking for. Overall ranking, passing, or rushing.

I think the Jets have the ability to be the most balanced. Miami could be well balanced too.

Buffalo will want to run but will be forced to pass to put points on the board. If the D has improved, maybe you will have the lead and not play from behind as much.

NE if they are smart will realize that they need to run the ball better...well just more. They were pass crazy last year.

lordofgun
06-03-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Phins054
Buffalo will want to run but will be forced to pass to put points on the board.

How do you figure? The only way that's true is if injuries force us to pass.

Voltron
06-03-2003, 11:38 AM
I think the moves in the off season show that we are going to be a run oriented team this year. I have a feeling that we will be the most balanced offense in the east at least if not the whole afc. we have all the wepons needed to do it. Miami has a less than average QB and 1 WR that plays at an NFL level. I see no way how they will be balanced. I agree they have the best back in the conferance but it is a very close contest between Ricky, Cutis and Travis.

Phins054
06-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

I am not saying that you won't be able to run the ball ot that Henry is a bad back...I am just saying that most of your games last year, you were behind and had to throw more. If you have a lead and your D improves I think you can run the ball effectively enough. But last year it seemed your team was more of a passing offense then a rushing or balanced O. I even remember a few threads stating that Gilbride was too pass happy even when Henry was having good days rushing.

WG
06-03-2003, 12:20 PM
Good question...It depends on what #'s you're looking for. Overall ranking, passing, or rushing.

Same thing I always look for, POINTS SCORED!!!

Who cares how many yards a team gets in certain categories or via individual players. It's the number of times that the ball crosses the endzone that matter!

Many of the Ostrich Heads won't fully understand that!!!

:biggrin:

WG
06-03-2003, 12:26 PM
I think the Jets have the ability to be the most balanced. Miami could be well balanced too.

NE if they are smart will realize that they need to run the ball better...well just more. They were pass crazy last year.

Jets need to replace that Pennington-to-Coles connection in a hurry, and, don't expect Pennington to toss 22 TDs to only 6 INTs again this season. If he does, you can pencil him in as the next Montana!

NE won't be able to run w/ the RBs that they have. Smith is finished as a F/T carrier. Who else do they have!

I am not saying that you won't be able to run the ball ot that Henry is a bad back...I am just saying that most of your games last year, you were behind and had to throw more. If you have a lead and your D improves I think you can run the ball effectively enough. But last year it seemed your team was more of a passing offense then a rushing or balanced O. I even remember a few threads stating that Gilbride was too pass happy even when Henry was having good days rushing.

Gilbride was WAY too pass happy last year often 54! Gilbride's gonna completely change I've heard...

:rolleyes:

But for pete sakes, let's hope he does.

LABillsFan
06-03-2003, 01:27 PM
If the Jets go after Stokes that may help their cause, but I think NE may have the edge in points scored. Miami has lost many Off players, some marginal talent, while NE has kept the ship afloat, Buffalo seems to be poised to cut down on the shoot out games Ranking wise I see

NE ( Streaky offense that can explode and keep def.'s on their heals)
NYJ ( The most balanced in the division, Stokes would keep them towards the top)
BUFF ( If they actually run a balanced off. Int's, sacks, 3rd and long and 4 and outs will be kept down which may put them in 2nd. place)
MIA ( Fiedler against division foes all of whom addresed def. needs. Williams can't do it alone again this year)

BillsOwnAll
06-03-2003, 01:29 PM
bills wills be top 3 overall.

Mr. Miyagi
06-03-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Injuries force us to pass? If we have nothing else, what we have is depth in the RB position. There isn't enough injuries to force us to pass.

Travis does down, in comes Gary.
Gary goes down, in comes Morris.
Morris goes down, in comes Simonton/Burns.
If everyone else goes down, McGahee will limp in.

It'd take an act of God to bring all those guys down.

We have NO EXCUSE not to run the ball this year.

BillsOwnAll
06-03-2003, 01:36 PM
now if we could that kind of depth everywhere...

lordofgun
06-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Injuries force us to pass? If we have nothing else, what we have is depth in the RB position. There isn't enough injuries to force us to pass.

Travis does down, in comes Gary.
Gary goes down, in comes Morris.
Morris goes down, in comes Simonton/Burns.
If everyone else goes down, McGahee will limp in.

It'd take an act of God to bring all those guys down.

We have NO EXCUSE not to run the ball this year.

Guess I'm just not as sold on Gary and Morris as you are...or on McGahee playing at all this year. Also, an injury to Bledsoe could hurt the passing game because they'll be able to load the box. AVP or whoever better step up in that case because we'll have to pass if defenses can key on our run. Believe it or not, Bledsoe is a huge part of our running game working the way it's supposed to.

BillsOwnAll
06-03-2003, 02:35 PM
yah LOGS ight for once drew helps us run. hes such a threat that we could do a nice sweet or a awesome screen if we knew how.