View Full Version : More on Tebow

Buckets
01-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Tebow, Gators make it look easy in Sugar Bowl

Posted: Jan 02, 2010 12:47 AM EST
Updated: Jan 03, 2010 5:27 PM EST
By MARK LONG
AP Sports Writer

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Tim Tebow and coach Urban Meyer stood together in one corner of the Louisiana Superdome, sang the school fight song and then offered a final gesture.

Tebow took off on a victory lap. Meyer saluted the Florida fans.

It was Tebow's way of saying goodbye. It may have been Meyer's, too.

Tebow rose above all the distractions caused by Meyer's uncertain future and capped a storied college career with his finest performance. It was the best in BCS history, too.

Tebow threw for a career-high 482 yards and three touchdowns, ran for 51 yards and another score, and fifth-ranked Florida overwhelmed No. 4 Cincinnati 51-24 Friday night in the Sugar Bowl.

For Tebow and the Gators (13-1), this certainly was The Big Easy.

"It was incredible," Tebow said. "Just a great game. It was exactly how you want to go out with these seniors and these coaches in your last game and your last time together. It just really doesn't get any better than this."

Florida's most anticipated season ever ended in New Orleans instead of Pasadena. It came against Cincinnati (12-1) instead of Texas. It was about redemption instead of perfection.

None of that mattered when the Gators took the field.

Tebow wouldn't let it.

"This has been the best four years of life," the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner said.

He completed his first 12 passes, led the Gators to scores on their first five possessions and finished with 533 total yards - more than anyone in Bowl Championship Series history. He topped former Texas star Vince Young's record of 467 yards set against Southern California in the 2005 Rose Bowl.

(Sorry I don't know how to link this to the rest of the story)

TheBrownBear
01-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Why is this Bills news?

djjimkelly
01-04-2010, 11:50 AM
i dont want tebow and no one with a brain on this board does either

Beastie Bills
01-04-2010, 11:51 AM
It isn't. This should be moved to the "Stupid" area.

God I can't wait til this guy is a Jag so I can stop reading about him.

Its just so funny how people will cling to anybody that makes a headline. EVERY NFL EXPERT SAYS THE KID IS NOT AN NFL QB! GET IT THROUGH YOUR SKULLS!

jmb1099
01-04-2010, 12:47 PM
It isn't. This should be moved to the "Stupid" area.

God I can't wait til this guy is a Jag so I can stop reading about him.

Its just so funny how people will cling to anybody that makes a headline. EVERY NFL EXPERT SAYS THE KID IS NOT AN NFL QB! GET IT THROUGH YOUR SKULLS!
tony dungy has said more than once that he believes tebow will be successful as a qb in the nfl

ddaryl
01-04-2010, 12:49 PM
tony dungy has said more than once that he believes tebow will be successful as a qb in the nfl

yep and he also supports Mike Vick

nuff said

Beastie Bills
01-04-2010, 12:51 PM

Lip service. And without Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy isn't anything. He was helping and endorsing Vick, too, which shows that he's just being positive about everybody.

How many times does a QB having a good bowl game going to screw franchises over for years? Tim Tebow is a left handed Byron Leftwich. You can be mobile all you want, but with that delivery, he's going to fumble and get sacked like crazy.

THIS IS THE NFL DUDE! Linebackers are faster in the NFL than some DB's in college. Tebow's "speed" and "phsyciality" will be neutralized in the NFL, and he'll be forced to throw. At which point you'll all see that when you wind your arm like a freaking clock, your not going to succeed in the NFL!

Byron Leftwich threw for over 550 yds in his bowl game, got drafted high , and how did that work out?

I'd love to some how put a wager on this whole Tebow thing so all you amateur fans can get a lesson in football. Tebow won't do squat in the NFL. Period. End of discussion.

jmb1099
01-04-2010, 12:54 PM
yep and he also supports Mike Vick

nuff said
not suggesting that tebow will be here, merely refuting the idea that every nfl expert says tebow will be an epic fail.
as far qs vick is concerned he was beginning to find a rhythm before his injury.

Beastie Bills
01-04-2010, 01:00 PM
not suggesting that tebow will be here, merely refuting the idea that every nfl expert says tebow will be an epic fail.
as far qs vick is concerned he was beginning to find a rhythm before his injury.

why? because he had one good run and a WR saved him on a horrible throw at atlanta?

no thanks to vick. some posters here just blow my mind. how bad does someone have to do for you to say "no"?

Don't Panic
01-04-2010, 01:00 PM
EVERY NFL EXPERT SAYS THE KID IS NOT AN NFL QB! GET IT THROUGH YOUR SKULLS!

The same experts who said Jamarcus Russell, David Carr and Tim Couch were consensus #1 picks? Listen... the dude isn't a 1st rounder. But if he fell to the 2nd and we had drafted a position other than QB with our first, I would GLADLY snatch him up, whether he ever played a down at QB for us or not. The kid is a football player, plain and simple. Could be at QB, could be elsewhere, but I would have zero complaints with him in the 2nd round.

jmb1099
01-04-2010, 01:01 PM
not suggesting I want tebow here, just that there are a few experts that aren't as down on tebow as an epic fail.
as far as being an amateaur... Lets just say lol
as far as dungy is concerned his success extended beyond manning but whatever. As far as lip service is concerned its comforting to know you can read peoples minds... Dude

Lip service. And without Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy isn't anything. He was helping and endorsing Vick, too, which shows that he's just being positive about everybody.

How many times does a QB having a good bowl game going to screw franchises over for years? Tim Tebow is a left handed Byron Leftwich. You can be mobile all you want, but with that delivery, he's going to fumble and get sacked like crazy.

THIS IS THE NFL DUDE! Linebackers are faster in the NFL than some DB's in college. Tebow's "speed" and "phsyciality" will be neutralized in the NFL, and he'll be forced to throw. At which point you'll all see that when you wind your arm like a freaking clock, your not going to succeed in the NFL!

Byron Leftwich threw for over 550 yds in his bowl game, got drafted high , and how did that work out?

I'd love to some how put a wager on this whole Tebow thing so all you amateur fans can get a lesson in football. Tebow won't do squat in the NFL. Period. End of discussion.

Beastie Bills
01-04-2010, 01:04 PM
not suggesting I want tebow here, just that there are a few experts that aren't as down on tebow as an epic fail.
as far as being an amateaur... Lets just say lol
as far as dungy is concerned his success extended beyond manning but whatever. As far as lip service is concerned its comforting to know you can read peoples minds... Dude

what happened to dungy in tampa? fired for not getting the job done.

what happened the very next year? jon gruden got the job done with the same roster.

what happened in indy? they choke in the playoffs almost every year with dungy. they won once. how many games would they have won without peyton? none.

look at jim caldwell for crying out loud! he's a rookie head coach churning out better results than dungy!

seems like a trend to me!

jmb1099
01-04-2010, 02:28 PM
what happened to dungy in tampa? fired for not getting the job done.

what happened the very next year? jon gruden got the job done with the same roster.

what happened in indy? they choke in the playoffs almost every year with dungy. they won once. how many games would they have won without peyton? none.

look at jim caldwell for crying out loud! he's a rookie head coach churning out better results than dungy!

seems like a trend to me!
me too... This will be the second time dungy has built a playoff caliber team that someone else cashed in on

imbondz
01-04-2010, 03:08 PM
the thing that makes Tebow interesting is his heart. He's a winner, regardless of if he has an NFL arm yet. there's a ton of players we can list who didn't have a shot, yet made it in the NFL. and a ton of players who we thought would be stars who are now coaching high school football. I'm a Tebow fan and can't wait to see what he does in the NFL.

tampabay25690
01-04-2010, 04:23 PM
i dont want tebow and no one with a brain on this board does either

Ha HA..
I forget we don't draft winners!!!!!!!!!!!

Not saying he should come to Buffalo at all because it wouldnt be a fit at all......