PDA

View Full Version : Billboard Update (regardless of coach)

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 11:57 AM
If, and only if Bill Cowher states that he's not interested in the Bills job or won't return to coaching in 2010-- we can errect a billboard on January 11th to either.

A) Call on a wish for a coach of our choosing via poll
B) Welcome the new coach (if one is hired) on behalf of Buffalo Bills fans.

In fact, if Nix does hire a coach by next Monday, I think it would be quite classy of fans to welcome him via a billboard fans took out and paid for.

And again, ALL proceeds from the campagin will be donated directly to the Hunter's Hope fondation, on behalf of Buffalo Bills fans.

We have to raise the money for the billboard ad space now, but it is digital and once errected (or before) we can change the message at ANY TIME.

BILLBOARD LINK (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/donate/)

T-Long
01-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Already sent in story for NFL.com and emailed it to Mike at PFT...should get some really good hits soon

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Already sent in story for NFL.com and emailed it to Mike at PFT...should get some really good hits soon

Doubt it with PFT, Mike is a hater.

But anyway, If Cowher is "leaning" towards not coming back, I think it can send a message on just how much he's wanted.

Beastie Bills
01-04-2010, 12:11 PM
the funny thing is...for me, this move for the bills will determine whether or not i spend my hard earned money in 2010 on bills stuff...

i'm certainly not spending money in the hopes it'd effect ralph, because i know it wont.

T-Long
01-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Doubt it with PFT, Mike is a hater.

But anyway, If Cowher is "leaning" towards not coming back, I think it can send a message on just how much he's wanted.

I know Mike from my Yahoo! days and I've sent him 3 stories and he ran with all 3. I think this will get love too...we'll see

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Cool.

I can always modify things too.. Like if we are hiring Billick, classy Bills fans can welcome him.

Beebe's Kid
01-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Cool.

I can always modify things too.. Like if we are hiring Billick, classy Bills fans can welcome him.

Pat, I really hope this is not the case!! I am going on to donate a double saw-buck, and hope that my scratch goes towards welcoming the most famous chin in football, to B-Lo!!

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Pat, I really hope this is not the case!! I am going on to donate a double saw-buck, and hope that my scratch goes towards welcoming the most famous chin in football, to B-Lo!!

I feel ya man. The uncertainty is why I wanted to make SURE we tied a charity that is at the heart of Bills fans, Hunter's Hope.

That way, no matter what something GOOD can come out of things.

And I truly feel that this is going to send a passionate message, and I have the contacts for this billboard when errected to get picked up at a ton of media outlets.

Bills fans are tired of the Jauron's and John Guy's of the football world

hydro
01-04-2010, 01:35 PM
I think it should either go to the Billboard of Cowher or charity. Would rather not welcome a coach that may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Slim
01-05-2010, 03:43 PM
How much money has been donated now Pat?

Forward_Lateral
01-05-2010, 03:46 PM
How about "Die Already Ralph"

Mudflap1
01-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Depends who the new coach is. Cowher, Schottenheimer, Billick, yes. Cameron, McDermott no.

I swear, if they hire Cameron, McDermott, or someone like that I am absolutely walking. We all should.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 04:05 PM
How much money has been donated now Pat?

I expect there to be a lull until there is real Bills news with the head coach situation.

People are going to be really pumped, or really angry

Slim
01-05-2010, 04:08 PM

I expect there to be a lull until there is real Bills news with the head coach situation.

People are going to be really pumped, or really angry

Wasnt there $200 yesterday an hour into the campaign?

Who donated the 18 cents?wtf?

mikemac2001
01-05-2010, 04:17 PM
ya it hasn't updated at all

Mr. Pink
01-05-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm going to donate 2 cents later tonight because that will be about what whoever they eventually hire will be worth

Slim
01-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Alright, my broke ass will donate $20 when i get home. Everyone pony up.

Slim
01-05-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm going to donate 2 cents later tonight because that will be about what whoever they eventually hire will be worth

Just make it 82 cents so the total goes to an even number.

Slim
01-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Just make it 82 cents so the total goes to an even number.

Nevermind, i took care of it.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Wasnt there $200 yesterday an hour into the campaign?

Who donated the 18 cents?wtf?
the paypal setup takes like 1.8% of it or wherever.

And yes, there are exactly 10 people that donated thus far, including one minutes ago, I believe from Schmit (20,82)

The total is at 247.04 up to the minute. Its going to come down to if something happens with Cowher, I think.

Regardless, the plan is to see what happens. Hopefully we will be able to get up a billboard.. I dont think its going to pick up steam until after there is some Cowher news one way or the other that is concrete and not spec.

If enough cant get raised as stated in originall billboard post, I am going to email each donor individiually and they can either get a refund, or they can keep the money in the kitty to donate "Hunter's Hope" like originally discussed. Their choice.

Right now, only 10 donors and I think they may all be from BZ.. Every donation I get an email with your email address so I know who its coming from.

Anyway, didnt expect a big jump until after some Cowher stuff that was concrete came out.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 04:38 PM
BTW.

If you want to have a realistic chance to raise the money.. Someone from Billszone should go on the other Bills boards they belong too and post something about the "We Want Cowher" billboard..

I post 99.9% of the time right here, and on the other boards ONLY when I plug a BSD story, so they dont know me and for all they know Im trying to buy a new car or something.

Regardless, with so much up and down Cowher rumors its a tough sell right now to anyone but the most ardous of Bills backers

Slim
01-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Schmitt, is me. Well, hopefully Sal has not interesting news tonight.

Mr. Pink
01-05-2010, 04:39 PM
the paypal setup takes like 1.8% of it or wherever.

And yes, there are exactly 10 people that donated thus far, including one minutes ago, I believe from Schmit (20,82)

The total is at 247.04 up to the minute. Its going to come down to if something happens with Cowher, I think.

Regardless, the plan is to see what happens. Hopefully we will be able to get up a billboard.. I dont think its going to pick up steam until after there is some Cowher news one way or the other that is concrete and not spec.

If enough cant get raised as stated in originall billboard post, I am going to email each donor individiually and they can either get a refund, or they can keep the money in the kitty to donate "Hunter's Hope" like originally discussed. Their choice.

Right now, only 10 donors and I think they may all be from BZ.. Every donation I get an email with your email address so I know who its coming from.

Anyway, didnt expect a big jump until after some Cowher stuff that was concrete came out.

Mine will come from A111111WNY@AOL.COM

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 04:59 PM
hahah
A1forMayor.com

casdhf
01-05-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm sick of the billboard ideas. They're getting lame.

Demon
01-05-2010, 05:14 PM
BTW.

If you want to have a realistic chance to raise the money.. Someone from Billszone should go on the other Bills boards they belong too and post something about the "We Want Cowher" billboard..

I post 99.9% of the time right here, and on the other boards ONLY when I plug a BSD story, so they dont know me and for all they know Im trying to buy a new car or something.

Regardless, with so much up and down Cowher rumors its a tough sell right now to anyone but the most ardous of Bills backers

I don't post anywhere else but here, but since i've been going almost crazy just waiting for the latest news/rumor i checked out 2 different web sites and both have absolutely been destroying the billboard idea. Like, you think people on here are rough for some of your shady reporting...... those people are killing you for it. If i were you, i wouldn't even go back and check. lol

And no way am i going to register and jump into that fire....

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 05:16 PM
I don't post anywhere else but here, but since i've been going almost crazy just waiting for the latest news/rumor i checked out 2 different web sites and both have absolutely been destroying the billboard idea. Like, you think people on here are rough for some of your shady reporting...... those people are killing you for it. If i were you, i wouldn't even go back and check. lol

Out of curiosity, I invite you go to on Buffalo Sports Daily search through hundreds of actual Bills articles and posts, and show me cases of "Shady" reporting.?

LOL.. whatever dude

People think what they think

Demon
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Out of curiosity, I invite you go to on Buffalo Sports Daily search through hundreds of actual Bills articles and posts, and show me cases of "Shady" reporting.?

LOL.. whatever dude

People think what they think

I don't read that web site so i don't know. I'm just saying about your posts on this forum.

Slim
01-05-2010, 05:26 PM

BBMB is brutal regardless. Any idea or thought gets flamed over there. There's a few good posters over there but, most posters seem to think that flaming other people posts determines penis size.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 05:29 PM
I don't read that web site so i don't know. I'm just saying about your posts on this forum.

What Slim just said. They are more clique'ish than a college frat.

My mistake, unlike everyone else, is that I'm a writer AND I get involved in message board chatter on a daily basis, ESPECIALLY on this board.

its my own fault. I'd be better off only coming onto the boards when I have an aritcle or show to promote and posting links and that's it.. Then I wouldnt have a billion opinions to offer like everyone else and people woudln't "tire" of it.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 05:31 PM
BBMB is brutal regardless. Any idea or thought gets flamed over there. There's a few good posters over there but, most posters seem to think that how flaming other people posts determines penis size.
There are some very good posters there. Unfortunately, the ignorant people far outnumber them.

Demon
01-05-2010, 05:32 PM
BBMB is brutal regardless. Any idea or thought gets flamed over there. There's a few good posters over there but, most posters seem to think that how flaming other people posts determines penis size.

lol i also went to Buffalorange.com message board. Not sure how good that is, like i said, i don't post anywhere but here. And actually, i never even read others forums until the last several days with all the rumors.

mikemac2001
01-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Come on lets get some donations

Placed on Jan. 5, 2010
Payment For Quantity Price
Buffalo Sports Daily Donation 1 $20.10 USD

2010 lets get it done

Slim
01-05-2010, 05:38 PM
lol i also went to Buffalorange.com message board. Not sure how good that is, like i said, i don't post anywhere but here. And actually, i never even read others forums until the last several days with all the rumors.
I never posted at the range but i lurked. Haven't been there in a while though. Im honestly not very familiar with who posts there anymore. I know Coach Sal is a regular either at the Range or BBI.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 05:39 PM

People changed their tunes, because I took a very large Cowher billboard poll before doing it and it was overhwhelmingly supportive..

And that changed yesterday an hour into it after Cowher isnt likely to coach ESPN news. We had over 200 raised in the first hour, and then it got nasty.

Whatever, I dont care. I just emailed the 10 donors with options, Im done.

and money was going to charity too.. pathetic

mikemac2001
01-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Would you give up a dinner at applebees or a 18 rack of beer

or even 2 beers at the stadium to have bill cowher as the coach

i would......i might even donate again but trying to get this rolling even if we don't hit the goal it goes to hunters hope

Slim
01-05-2010, 05:43 PM
UGH, does anybody who posts over here have any rep at BBMB, BBI, or The Range?

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Up to 266.66
Just got a 20.10 donation from a guy named Mike.

If this is going to happen, its going to come via Billszone. People on the other boards dont know. Like I said, for all they know they think im trying to buy a new car or something

mikemac2001
01-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Up to 266.66
Just got a 20.10 donation from a guy named Mike.

If this is going to happen, its going to come via Billszone. People on the other boards dont know. Like I said, for all they know they think im trying to buy a new car or something

Placed on Jan. 5, 2010

just posted i donated trying to get some people to get on board

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Placed on Jan. 5, 2010

just posted i donated trying to get some people to get on board

Got it.. I get an email confirmation every time.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 05:51 PM

People can say what they want, but if there is a better Buffalo all sports website around than Buffalo Sports Daily, then I'd like to see it.

That, I DO take personal

mikemac2001
01-05-2010, 05:55 PM
People can say what they want, but if there is a better Buffalo all sports website around than Buffalo Sports Daily, then I'd like to see it.

That, I DO take personal

billszone is better

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 05:56 PM
the hardeset part about pitcing a Cowher billboard to other boards is that there is so much Cowher RUMORS every 10 minutes that people are sick of hearing about it. .People are sick of it here and we talk about stuff every day.

I've said it from day one and I stand buy it.. IMO if Ralph ponies up enough money Cowher will have a hard time saying no

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 05:57 PM
billszone is better

Billszone is my favorite site, as evidenced by the excess time I spend here.

But Billszone is a Buffalo Bills website. Buffalo Sports Daily is not a Bills site

mikemac2001
01-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Billszone is my favorite site, as evidenced by the excess time I spend here.

But Billszone is a Buffalo Bills website. Buffalo Sports Daily is not a Bills site

Buffalo bills = buffalo sports

Slim
01-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Buffalo bills = buffalo sports

I'm a huge Sabres and Cuse fan, so i disagree.

Demon
01-05-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm a huge Sabres and Cuse fan, so i disagree.

What the heck does Syracuse have to do with Buffalo sports?