PDA

View Full Version : AVP linked to Pop Warner Clarence team

trapezeus
01-04-2010, 04:04 PM
However, the clarence coaches aren't sure he has enough experience or if he knows what to do with a QB that can throw the ball over 10 yards consistently.

shelby
01-04-2010, 04:05 PM
:rofl:

Poor doughboy.

BigZ
01-04-2010, 05:56 PM
That's almost as funny as some of the stuff over at the Bills message board.....

justasportsfan
01-04-2010, 07:07 PM
I don't think Trent was AVP's choice. He was Dicks so I can't fault AVP for TE's shortcomings

Ebenezer
01-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Not knocking Trap but a lot of what happened this year was way beyond AVP's control...was he supposed to say no to the Bills and stay with UB? Was he supposed to say no when they fired Schonert? Give AVP a pass on this one.

trapezeus
01-04-2010, 07:40 PM
avp just simply wasn't ready to be an OC yet. they gave him nothing to work with, no time to prepare, and they took an old guard guy they knew...
the bills offense was in such an awful state, only a long time OC would have had a chance to do something imaginative.

Avp could be someone down the road, but he really wasn't ready, and to put him in that situation with no ol, a tentative QB who really needed to be coached up to overcome his short comings of stop checking down, a rookie first time OC stood no chance.

I don't see AVP jumping back as an OC without spending some time as a position coach for a few years.