PDA

View Full Version : Cowher turns down Washington's advances

BillsWin
01-04-2010, 04:16 PM
According to a beat writer for the Washington Examiner, Redskins GM approached Cowher this morning, but feeling that Shanahan was as good as signed there, turned them down.

If the rumor Pat heard and posted winds up being true the Bills missed out on a great opportunity to close a deal with Cowher.

Or on a positive spin, they just needed to reschedule the meeting.

Ferrygoat
01-04-2010, 04:20 PM
PFT is also reporting that there is another team interested in Shanahan

BillsWin
01-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Shanahan was also apparently ambushed at the airport by Washington media, fans and the local rock station? :roflmao:

YardRat
01-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Don't discount the possibility that the Cowher camp is using the Bills to gain leverage with another team, and it's him that has no desire to coach here.

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 04:36 PM
According to a beat writer for the Washington Examiner, Redskins GM approached Cowher this morning, but feeling that Shanahan was as good as signed there, turned them down.

If what Pat says is true the Bills were probably going to have Cowher as their next head coach but chickened out at the last minute of paying him the money or giving him control.

U should retype that second paragraph, cause that's not what I said.

Personally, and I've repeated this frequently, I have no idea what's going on with the Bills and Cowher and have been going by media hearsay and reports.

The only thing concrete direct I have in regards to Nix and Cowher is what I wrote this morning.
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/dont-expect-nix-to-wait-on-cowher-for-long/

BillsWin
01-04-2010, 04:39 PM
U should retype that second paragraph, cause that's not what I said.

Personally, and I've repeated this frequently, I have no idea what's going on with the Bills and Cowher and have been going by media hearsay and reports.

The only thing concrete direct I have in regards to Nix and Cowher is what I wrote this morning.
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/dont-expect-nix-to-wait-on-cowher-for-long/

Is that better Pat?

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 04:45 PM
LOL, yes

BillsWin
01-04-2010, 04:50 PM
LOL, yes

Good. :up:

I didn't mean to paint you in a bad light. I was just very pissed that the Bills potentially screwed up big time.

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Good. :up:

I didn't mean to paint you in a bad light. I was just very pissed that the Bills potentially screwed up big time.

I hear ya. I am not happy either, if true.

But I dont know that to be true, and dont want to be associated with that rumor. I was more or less relaying a Paul Hamilton statement and something I heard, but its not something I reported.

At the end of the day, some including probably myself just don't want to face the fact that Bill Cowher is probably too big for an organization like Buffalo.

The last three coaching hires Wilson's made should've served notice.

We all want Cowher, and most of us would love Marty S. as a consolation, but in reality, we're probably either getting a first time HC or at the very "most", a guy like Bilick or Martz, who the Bills can try to market as a "name" for change.

PromoTheRobot
01-04-2010, 05:16 PM

If the rumor Pat heard and posted winds up being true the Bills missed out on a great opportunity to close a deal with Cowher.

If by "close the deal" you mean take Cowher's family hostage, then yes they missed out, because it's looking like that's what it would take to get him to come to Buffalo.

PTR

Crisis
01-04-2010, 05:17 PM
i saw this thread on the mainpage as "cowher turns down..." and i almost kicked my monitor

Demon
01-04-2010, 05:18 PM
i saw this thread on the mainpage as "cowher turns down..." and i almost kicked my monitor

LOL!

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Shanny is now about to get hired (officially) by the Redskins, like everybody in America didnt know that was coming.

YardRat
01-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Shanny is now about to get hired (officially) by the Redskins, like everybody in America didnt know that was coming.

If that happens, apparently Phillips is safe in Dallas for another year.

Or at least seven days, until they lose next week.