PDA

View Full Version : Firing the Entire Staff Was an Honorable Thing To Do

Typ0
01-04-2010, 04:36 PM
There has been a lot of times I've given OBD credit for being professional only to get lambasted by the soap opera pro's. Well here's another one I don't have any sources for that I'm sure is absolutely correct. Everyone was fired today because that was the professional thing to do. They had all these people hanging by a thread waiting to see who the coach would be and what he would do. Now, they can look for work and find their way.

Buddo
01-04-2010, 05:40 PM
There has been a lot of times I've given OBD credit for being professional only to get lambasted by the soap opera pro's. Well here's another one I don't have any sources for that I'm sure is absolutely correct. Everyone was fired today because that was the professional thing to do. They had all these people hanging by a thread waiting to see who the coach would be and what he would do. Now, they can look for work and find their way.

Basically, they are still under contract, but have been given the freedom to get a job elsewhere, with no 'blocking'. I think they can also stay and try and see if the new HC actually wants them, but in the knowledge that they may well not be retained.
I do think that that is about as 'honourable' a way to go about things, as you can get tbh.
It's unfortunate, but there are a couple of guys I would definitely have liked to retain, in Bob Sanders (D-Line Coach), and George Catavalous (Secondary Coach), as I think both are very good assistants. Hopefully, any new HC coming in, might well see that they are worth retaining.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 05:45 PM
OBD: "Perry we'd like to interview for the head coaching job"

Perry: "Excellent, let's start"

OBD: "First question, are you black?"

Perry: "Well of course I am."

OBD: "Excellent, we'll be in touch."

OBD: "By the way your fired."

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-04-2010, 05:48 PM
I think this was there idea of cleaning house. Instead of getting rid of the front office.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 05:52 PM
I think this was there idea of cleaning house. Instead of getting rid of the front office.

Sadly, I agree.

I hold Modrak, Brandon and Guy 10X more responsible for what has happened here than Jauron or his staff.

Not that Dick is a genius but what chance did he really have when they dismantled the o-line and drafted Maybin for DE help. He should have quit but they gave him 9 million reasons to stay.

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Sadly, I agree.

I hold Modrak, Brandon and Guy 10X more responsible for what has happened here than Jauron or his staff.

Not that Dick is a genius but what chance did he really have when they dismantled the o-line and drafted Maybin for DE help. He should have quit but they gave him 9 million reasons to stay.
Did you just seriously say that?

Michael82
01-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Sadly, I agree.

Aaron Maybin was definitely a Jauron pick. I'm sorry, but I don't see Nix making that kind of pick. Even Modrak. It was a type of player that Jauron likes. Small and fast! :ill:

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Sadly, I agree.

Nobody in this organization is more responsible for the past 4 years than Jauron.. Nobody

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Nobody in this organization is more responsible for the past 4 years than Jauron.. Nobody

That's ridiculous. The same crappy drafts when man boobs and burger boy were here.

Modrak is the common link and no one is going to tell me a "dead-man walking" coach like Jauron had final say in last year's draft. Give me a break.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Aaron Maybin was definitely a Jauron pick. I'm sorry, but I don't see Nix making that kind of pick. Even Modrak. It was a type of player that Jauron likes. Small and fast! :ill:

You really believe that Jauron had a say in last year's draft when he was pretty much on his way out?

You are telling me that a guy who was hanging on by a string was given total authority to draft the 11th pick? If that's the case than this team is really doomed.

billistic
01-04-2010, 06:16 PM

It's simply pro forma, nothing especially honorable.

Philagape
01-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Since Levy left (and maybe even when he was here), Dick was the highest-ranking football mind in the organization.
And remember he got an extension in 2008.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Since Levy left (and maybe even when he was here), Dick was the highest-ranking football mind in the organization.
And remember he got an extension in 2008.

Show me where Jauron made personnel decisions. It's just not true.

Oldbillsfan
01-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Some of the roster moves were very puzzling, questionable draft picks, the amout of guys on IR, the culture of losing...Everyone has to go. Front office people are equally responsible.

Philagape
01-04-2010, 06:29 PM

Show me where he didn't.

Head coach > head scout. Burden's on you.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-04-2010, 06:36 PM

You could use the argument that after Jauron was canned they signed Brian Brohm.

Mr. Pink
01-04-2010, 06:52 PM

I agree with Hurricane.

The problem wasn't coaching as much as it was the talent - or lack thereof.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Some of the roster moves were very puzzling, questionable draft picks, the amout of guys on IR, the culture of losing...Everyone has to go. Front office people are equally responsible.

Totally agree. This is a cultural issue. Jauron was here for only a third of this losing decade.

The team is full of losers. If Modrak, Brandon, and Guy stay than nothing really changes.

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 07:03 PM
I agree with Hurricane.

The problem wasn't coaching as much as it was the talent - or lack thereof.

Agreed.

However, Jauron made almost all the calls, not Guy or Modrak.. So Jauron is a double whammy and by FAR the worst of the lot.

Dont get me wrong, I want Guy and Modrak gone and Im told Guy will be gone. They suck

But Jauron is the primary culprit

Typ0
01-04-2010, 07:04 PM
you can't just hang everything on DJ's head because it makes you feel good because he's gone.

Philagape
01-04-2010, 07:08 PM
So for the past four years, who has made the final calls on who to bring in?

Levy? Please. Next guy on the football hierarchy is Dick.

YardRat
01-04-2010, 07:15 PM
FWIW, according to Murphy's evening sports report the entire staff was fired (so they are no longer under contract) in order to give them the freedom to latch on elsewhere because their status here was obviously up in the air.

I agree with the OP...classy move.

justasportsfan
01-04-2010, 07:19 PM
it's HH. Don't expect anything more.