• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Firing the Entire Staff Was an Honorable Thing To Do

There has been a lot of times I've given OBD credit for being professional only to get lambasted by the soap opera pro's. Well here's another one I don't have any sources for that I'm sure is absolutely correct. Everyone was fired today because that was the professional thing to do. They had all these people hanging by a thread waiting to see who the coach would be and what he would do. Now, they can look for work and find their way.
  • Buddo
    • Mar 2007

Re: Firing the Entire Staff Was an Honorable Thing To Do

Originally posted by Typ0
    There has been a lot of times I've given OBD credit for being professional only to get lambasted by the soap opera pro's. Well here's another one I don't have any sources for that I'm sure is absolutely correct. Everyone was fired today because that was the professional thing to do. They had all these people hanging by a thread waiting to see who the coach would be and what he would do. Now, they can look for work and find their way.
    Basically, they are still under contract, but have been given the freedom to get a job elsewhere, with no 'blocking'. I think they can also stay and try and see if the new HC actually wants them, but in the knowledge that they may well not be retained.
    I do think that that is about as 'honourable' a way to go about things, as you can get tbh.
    It's unfortunate, but there are a couple of guys I would definitely have liked to retain, in Bob Sanders (D-Line Coach), and George Catavalous (Secondary Coach), as I think both are very good assistants. Hopefully, any new HC coming in, might well see that they are worth retaining.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

OBD: "Perry we'd like to interview for the head coaching job"

Perry: "Excellent, let's start"

OBD: "First question, are you black?"

Perry: "Well of course I am."

OBD: "Excellent, we'll be in touch."

OBD: "By the way your fired."

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
        • Sep 2009

I think this was there idea of cleaning house. Instead of getting rid of the front office.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BoyILuvLoznStupidly
          I think this was there idea of cleaning house. Instead of getting rid of the front office.
          Sadly, I agree.

I hold Modrak, Brandon and Guy 10X more responsible for what has happened here than Jauron or his staff.

Not that Dick is a genius but what chance did he really have when they dismantled the o-line and drafted Maybin for DE help. He should have quit but they gave him 9 million reasons to stay.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Sadly, I agree.

I hold Modrak, Brandon and Guy 10X more responsible for what has happened here than Jauron or his staff.

Not that Dick is a genius but what chance did he really have when they dismantled the o-line and drafted Maybin for DE help. He should have quit but they gave him 9 million reasons to stay.
            Did you just seriously say that?
            Last edited by patmoran2006; 01-04-2010, 05:57 PM.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Sadly, I agree.

Aaron Maybin was definitely a Jauron pick. I'm sorry, but I don't see Nix making that kind of pick. Even Modrak. It was a type of player that Jauron likes. Small and fast!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Sadly, I agree.

Nobody in this organization is more responsible for the past 4 years than Jauron.. Nobody

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  Nobody in this organization is more responsible for the past 4 years than Jauron.. Nobody
                  That's ridiculous. The same crappy drafts when man boobs and burger boy were here.

Modrak is the common link and no one is going to tell me a "dead-man walking" coach like Jauron had final say in last year's draft. Give me a break.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    Aaron Maybin was definitely a Jauron pick. I'm sorry, but I don't see Nix making that kind of pick. Even Modrak. It was a type of player that Jauron likes. Small and fast!

You really believe that Jauron had a say in last year's draft when he was pretty much on his way out?

You are telling me that a guy who was hanging on by a string was given total authority to draft the 11th pick? If that's the case than this team is really doomed.

Comment

• billistic
                      Veteran Zoner
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Typ0
                      It's simply pro forma, nothing especially honorable.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Since Levy left (and maybe even when he was here), Dick was the highest-ranking football mind in the organization.
                        And remember he got an extension in 2008.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                          Since Levy left (and maybe even when he was here), Dick was the highest-ranking football mind in the organization.
                          And remember he got an extension in 2008.
                          Show me where Jauron made personnel decisions. It's just not true.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                            shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                            • Mar 2007

Some of the roster moves were very puzzling, questionable draft picks, the amout of guys on IR, the culture of losing...Everyone has to go. Front office people are equally responsible.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Show me where Jauron made personnel decisions. It's just not true.
                              Show me where he didn't.

Head coach > head scout. Burden's on you.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X