PDA

View Full Version : NFL Teams in need of a QB

Ingtar33
01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I figured i'd post this thread for no other reason then to put how bad some team's QB play has been this year.

the worst 10 Starting QBs in the NFL -

23) Matt Hasselbeck (SEA) 75.1 Rating
24) Marc Bulger (STL) 70.7 Rating
25) Matt Cassel (KC) 69.9* Rating
26) Ryan Fitzpatrick (BUF) 69.7 Rating
27) Brady Quinn (CLE) 67.2 Rating
28) Mark Sanchez (NYJ) 63.0 Rating
29) Matthew Stafford (DET) 61.0 Rating
30) Josh Freeman (TB) 59.9 Rating
31) Jake Delhomme (CAR) 59.4 Rating
32) JaMarcus Russell (OAK) 50.0 Rating

the bolded players are all likely to be replaced in some way in the offseason. I made that judgment by simply striking all players who have been in the league longer then 2 years.

*Matt Cassel is the lone wildcard, as he's been in the league longer then 2 years, however his football team just gave him 25 million dollars and might not be willing to cut and run yet.

ejsmith
01-04-2010, 05:42 PM
We pretty much have no shot at Bradford or Locker, eh? I'm curious on your opinion Ingtar, would you trade up for either of these guys? Do you think Buddy Nix makes a splash, trades up and gets one of these guys?

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 05:44 PM
unfortunately all the ones you posted in bold other than Carolina pick in front of us in the draft.

I still say no way that Bradford or Claussen is on board at #9.

By no means do I think either are the be all, end all of this QB crop, but they are the top two names most likely.

It would take balls of steel to take Tebow or McCoy 9th.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Edwards is looking pretty good.

As I said before don't be surprised if he is our starter next year.

don137
01-04-2010, 05:51 PM
I would not worry about Carolina. One, they have no first round pick and pick after the Bills in round two. Also, Matt Moore played very well after Jake went down and realistically will be competing against Delhomme for the starting jo next year.

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 06:01 PM
I would not worry about Carolina. One, they have no first round pick and pick after the Bills in round two. Also, Matt Moore played very well after Jake went down and realistically will be competing against Delhomme for the starting jo next year.

Agreed, and I dont think the Rams pass on Suh either.

Its Seattle and Washington I worry about taking the first two QB's before we get to them.. Oakland is a bonus threat.

I dont think Cleveland gives up on Quinn quite yet.

EDS
01-04-2010, 06:09 PM
JaMarcus Russell is the worst QB I have ever seen play in the NFL. That guy makes JP Losman look like he has pocket awareness.

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 06:22 PM
JaMarcus Russell is the worst QB I have ever seen play in the NFL. That guy makes JP Losman look like he has pocket awareness.

But they are the Raiders, they'll take a kicker with the 8th pick

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2010, 06:23 PM
But they are the Raiders, they'll take a kicker with the 8th pick

I can see the Raiders taking Tebow. It just fits with the goofy Al Davis style....

EDS
01-04-2010, 06:34 PM
I can see the Raiders taking Tebow. It just fits with the goofy Al Davis style....

That would definitely be an Al Davis pick. That said, I think they would be far better off going with Goskowski (spelling?) next year and building up the other facets of the team.

Ingtar33
01-04-2010, 07:50 PM
No.. i don't think the Raiders take Tebow... but i could see them taking Colt McCoy. Especially if he throws out some good measurables in the combine.

all bets are off if someone runs a 4.2 40 time. Davis will skip need and draft speed then.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2010, 08:06 PM
can you see tebow as a raider.... his mom and dad would be mortified.... he's a true-blue-Christian-missionary (I like that) and he'd be trapped in the skull and death culture of the Raider Nation...... God help him!

DRELOVESBills
01-04-2010, 08:54 PM
We pretty much have no shot at Bradford or Locker, eh? I'm curious on your opinion Ingtar, would you trade up for either of these guys? Do you think Buddy Nix makes a splash, trades up and gets one of these guys?

locker is staying at school