• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Time to revist the only actual news today besides the OBD firings

This, as expected has been a day completely seiged with rumors. That's not a shock at all.

A source tells Adam Schefter that Cower is unlikely to coach this year. A source tells Paul Hamilton that Brian Billick is already assemling a staff. A source tells ESPN that Frazier, Grimm and McDermot will all get interviews.

Some, all or none of that could be true.

But the only thing I think is actual news is what I posted before anything happened today.. It wasn't a source, it wasn't something that was heard. It was a direct quote from Buddy Nix, talking directly about Bill Cowher and a coaching search.

Maybe its time to revisit that.
    Direct Nix quote
    Everybody has got those guys on their list,” Nix told Russo in direct reference to Cowher. “You want to be realistic. But again, I think you can bring that to a head quick rather than getting strung out. I think you go after, this is our offer, Are you interested? If you are let’s move on if you’re not let us know about it. I think that’s the kind of approach we ought to take.”
    “We’ve started on whittling the list down and we’ll start interviewing those guys,” Nix said. “We’ll come up with our two best candidates, three at the most, take them to Mr. Wilson and we’ll have a consensus and come out of there with one.”
    How that ties into Cowher or anyone else, who knows, because again nothing about today's reports are confirmed.

But these are direct things Nix said word for word

Do you think either of these are directly related to what went down today (so far)?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Time to revist the only actual news today besides the OBD firings

One can only hope...

Comment

• SABuffalo786
      • Feb 2003

Pat,

You are partnered with Sal, no? Have you been able to speak with him at all today? I know he's got a day gig but I'd like to hear what he has to say about today's **** storm of rumors.
      "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
      We are the Rockpile
      We are the Rockpile
      BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

The only thing I get from any of that is that billick is serious about coaching. Assembling a staff is something you would do before an interview because a big part of the interview is who are you bringing with you.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Here's my update: Nix said all of that in his presser last week.

The Bills have probably already thrown Cowher a take it or leave it offer and they are already moving on to the other canidates. That list is probably Grimm, Billick and whoever is available.

I doubt we hire anyone until the end of the week at the earliest considering it'll take a few days just to fit in interviews, etc.

The only pressure to get this done is coming from the fans on this site.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Here's my update: Nix said all of that in his presser last week.

The Bills have probably already thrown Cowher a take it or leave it offer and they are already moving on to the other canidates. That list is probably Grimm, Billick and whoever is available.

I doubt we hire anyone until the end of the week at the earliest considering it'll take a few days just to fit in interviews, etc.

The only pressure to get this done is coming from the fans on this site.
            You have a link to those specific Nix comments? Otherwise other than "Rumors", you're posting lies.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
            X