PDA

View Full Version : Tim Graham: Biilick To Buffalo Picking Up Steam

baalworship
01-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Please delete this thread..duplicate

baalworship
01-04-2010, 05:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/8667/billick-to-bills-talk-picking-up-steam

There's a buzz in the NFL community the Buffalo Bills could be on the verge of executing a quick search and hiring a new head coach this week.

Even though general manager Buddy Nix indicated the process hadn't begun when he took over Thursday, some insiders predict an announcement is imminent based on Monday's move to fire the entire coaching staff to clear the way.

Brian Billick could be the guy.

Yahoo! Sports columnist Jason Cole reported over the weekend Billick, the former Baltimore Ravens coach, would interview this week.

Paul Hamilton, reporter for Buffalo sports radio station WGR, is citing a league source who has informed him Billick has been assembling a staff for Buffalo.

Demon
01-04-2010, 05:07 PM
His source is Paul Hamilton's report from WGR.....

Crisis
01-04-2010, 05:07 PM
i'm not a billick fan....he's a few steps below cowher imo, but definitely an upgrade over what we've had....

he'd be a decent consolation prize i guess, but please god let cowher end up here.

baalworship
01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Please use one I spelled Billick correctly!

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
All Timmy did there is repeat what Paul Hamilton speculated earlier today.. Nothing to that

baalworship
01-04-2010, 05:34 PM
If he's assembling a staff here are some of the coaches that have coached under Billick in the past...

Assistant coaches under Brian Billick that became NFL head coaches:

* Jack Del Rio, Jacksonville Jaguars (2003–present)
* Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals (2003–present)
* Mike Nolan, San Francisco 49ers (2005–2008)
* Rex Ryan, New York Jets (2009–present)
* Mike Singletary, San Francisco 49ers (2008–present)
* Mike Smith, Atlanta Falcons (2008–present)

baalworship
01-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Billick just on NFL network commenting on Bills job...

“As you’re going forward, it’s really about putting a partnership together,” Billick said. “I think any organization, including the Bills, that are looking for a head coach, have to decide what type of structure they want to put together before they can reach out and say, ‘We want this kind of coach or that kind of coach.’ I had a pretty good first marriage in Baltimore with Ozzie Newsome, have a firm idea of what I’m looking for in an organization. We’ll see how it pans out now as it stands with both Washington and Buffalo."

Nighthawk
01-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Billick just on NFL network commenting on Bills job...

“As you’re going forward, it’s really about putting a partnership together,” Billick said. “I think any organization, including the Bills, that are looking for a head coach, have to decide what type of structure they want to put together before they can reach out and say, ‘We want this kind of coach or that kind of coach.’ I had a pretty good first marriage in Baltimore with Ozzie Newsome, have a firm idea of what I’m looking for in an organization. We’ll see how it pans out now as it stands with both Washington and Buffalo."

That sounds like a man that is in the process of getting a position. I think he is the Bills next coach.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 05:47 PM
If Billick can bring Nolan that would would be a good start.

baalworship
01-04-2010, 06:15 PM
I really would like Billick to call Dennis Green and let him run the offense.