PDA

View Full Version : Glazer and Bills fighting

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 06:03 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/04/bills-battling-glazer-over-semantics/

Buffalo Bills org fibbing in a press release?? NEVER!

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Just what the BIlls need, more solid organizational press

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Sounds like somebody has his panties in a wad because he got scooped on the Cowher information.

Nighthawk
01-04-2010, 06:10 PM
I don't know, that organization is either really stupid or they are trying their hardest to keep their plans under wraps.

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Sounds like somebody has his panties in a wad because he got scooped on the Cowher information.

Sounds right.

But a million zoner bux says Glazer is 100% right. .He doesnt give THAT much detail without knowing the whole story

(and hmmm btw, him and T.O. are best buds, you think Owens is the one that spilled the beans to him)?

Nighthawk
01-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Sounds right.

But a million zoner bux says Glazer is 100% right. .He doesnt give THAT much detail without knowing the whole story

(and hmmm btw, him and T.O. are best buds, you think Owens is the one that spilled the beans to him)?

Glazer's wording was EXACTLY the wording that T.O. used in an interview I saw with him on the news at 6:00pm. He stated that the coaches had told them they had until Wednesday to clean up their things.

B-DON
01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
this team is unreal. what the hell is going on here? this team is ran like a mom and pop store while the rest of the league(minus the raiders) is running fortune 500 companies.

T-Long
01-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out fellas...its been a nice run of 7-9.

HHURRICANE
They can't fire Fewell until they interview him and they meet the Rooney rule guidelines.

Than he'll be fired.

Michael82
"The Bills assembled the entire coaching staff in a room Monday morning and new general manager Buddy Nix informed all the coaches that they all had to clean out their offices and remove their belongings from the team facility no later than Wednesday," Glazer tells FOXSports.com. "Not only that, when the coaches left the room, there were boxes outside the hallway they could use to put their stuff in to clear out.

Wow! This to me really says that Nix is looking for a coach like Cowher or Billick that will bring in their own staff, brand new and get rid of all of the bums who were here. I love the way he worded it, especially when the Bills had boxes at the door. :rofl:

Michael82
01-04-2010, 06:17 PM
They can't fire Fewell until they interview him and they meet the Rooney rule guidelines.

Than he'll be fired.

That's why the interview is taking place today and it might also be why they changed the interview date with Cowher.

baalworship
01-04-2010, 06:18 PM
There's speculation that the Bills put them in this limbo so that if a new coach wants, say Bobby April, they still have him under contract for one year.

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2010, 06:19 PM
this team is unreal. what the hell is going on here? this team is ran like a mom and pop store while the rest of the league(minus the raiders) is running fortune 500 companies.

Actually, I think the Bills handled this one correctly. They want to show any potential candidates for our coaching job that they will have total say in who they keep or let go. Asking them to clean out their stuff isn't a big deal. It's more symbolism than anything else.

Also, if we had indeed fired them all, why would they even say that they wouldn't block any other teams from talking to them? If they are fired we wouldn't have any say who they talk to.

Glazer is just pissed he got scooped and is trying to pump his cred up with this non issue.

Nighthawk
01-04-2010, 06:20 PM
That's why the interview is taking place today and it might also be why they changed the interview date with Cowher.

I absolutely love your optimism, but I just don't think Cowher is coming...and I hate it!!!

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2010, 06:21 PM

Than he'll be fired.

Technically, Fewells tenure ended yesterday when the clock ticked down to 0:00. He wasn't under any contract to be coach.

Raptor
01-04-2010, 06:40 PM
I believe Glazer

BTW is the training staff gone also?

Buddo
01-04-2010, 06:51 PM
For all it looks like these guys will be gone, the reality is that they aren't being given the straight 'bum's rush', in that their contracts, for the moment at least, are still being honoured. That is why it's a decent move on the Bill's behalf.
You'd have to say that it does also send a clear message to any prospective HC, in that everything is being done to ensure there's a clear path for them.
It also says that when Nix decides to act, he doesn't mess about.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-04-2010, 06:59 PM
I believe Glazer

BTW is the training staff gone also?

They were probably handed their boxes after Sundays game.

If you listen or listened to Buddy's presser he was in shock in the amount of injuries we have had in the last three years.

dasaybz
01-04-2010, 06:59 PM
The Bills are horrible when it comes to keeping the public informed as to what the hell is going on.

YardRat
01-04-2010, 07:30 PM
I posted this is another thread, but according to John Murphy all of the coaches were fired, including Fewell, so they weren't left in limbo.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/bills_and_nfl/Bills-firing-of-staff-was-expected

It was a predictable move for the Bills to release the coaching staff to allow them to look for other jobs. Sources say the coaching staff say they were told the next coach will determine whether they will stay on the job.

Those dismissed include interim head coach Perry Fewell, but he's expected to get an interview for the vacant head coaching position.

trapezeus
01-04-2010, 07:47 PM
if they have to clean out their offices by wednesday, who is going to review the film from the colts game??? :-)

Jeff1220
01-04-2010, 07:56 PM
if they have to clean out their offices by wednesday, who is going to review the film from the colts game??? :-)

I'm sure Trent will take care of that. He loooooooves to look at the film.

Demon
01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Wow! This to me really says that Nix is looking for a coach like Cowher or Billick that will bring in their own staff, brand new and get rid of all of the bums who were here. I love the way he worded it, especially when the Bills had boxes at the door. :rofl:

I really like Buddy Nix. He means business. He obviously isn't fooling around. The way he did this was old school and I love it. Peace out Bills coaching staff!

Forward_Lateral
01-04-2010, 08:19 PM
I hope Glazer drives to OBD and puts Ralph in a rear naked choke.

B-DON
01-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Actually, I think the Bills handled this one correctly. They want to show any potential candidates for our coaching job that they will have total say in who they keep or let go. Asking them to clean out their stuff isn't a big deal. It's more symbolism than anything else.

Also, if we had indeed fired them all, why would they even say that they wouldn't block any other teams from talking to them? If they are fired we wouldn't have any say who they talk to.

Glazer is just pissed he got scooped and is trying to pump his cred up with this non issue.

the bills canned their coaches simple and plain. why even dispute what glazer reported. his facts were 100% correct. this is just another example of the bills mishandling a situation that is impossible to screw up. Class and the Bills havent belonged in the same sentence for years. no other fortune 500 company would let a senile 95 year old man run the show. its that simple

Goobylal
01-04-2010, 08:45 PM
The Bills didn't fire anyone. They released them from their contractual obligations meaning they can look for work elsewhere. If the new head coach wants to keep any of them who haven't found new jobs and who want to return, they'll be back and still under contract for 2010. What's the problem here? If anything, these guys would have ALL been gone at the end of last year, if not for that stupid 5-1 start and Jauron's extension. At least this way the coaches are free to look around for work immediately.

Mad Bomber
01-04-2010, 08:47 PM
I got a V-text message a little after 5 today that had some strange wording. I can't give the exact wording (because I erased it) but it was something to the effect that "the entire Bills coaching staff has been informed that their duties for 2009 are completed." Something like that. I thought it was very weird language - why didn't they just say that they were fired? When DJ got fired they told it like it was; they said he was fired.

Did anyone else who gets V-text messages still have theirs?

Ebenezer
01-04-2010, 08:48 PM
The Bills didn't fire anyone. They released them from their contractual obligations meaning they can look for work elsewhere. If the new head coach wants to keep any of them who haven't found new jobs and who want to return, they'll be back and still under contract for 2010. What's the problem here? If anything, these guys would have ALL been gone at the end of last year, if not for that stupid 5-1 start and Jauron's extension. At least this way the coaches are free to look around for work immediately.
exactly...that and I'll be willing to bet their legal department told them not to use the word fired. Coach contracts are guaranteed. The Bills are on the hook for the money unless the coaches sign with another team regardless how the coaches are relieved of their duties.

B-DON
01-04-2010, 08:50 PM
being released of your contractual agreements is just a nice way of saying pack your **** and get out. the fact they are even arguing what glazer reported is bush league imo.

Ebenezer
01-04-2010, 08:54 PM
being released of your contractual agreements is just a nice way of saying pack your **** and get out. the fact they are even arguing what glazer reported is bush league imo.
not if the legal department got involved.