PDA

View Full Version : Say the Bills don't get the big name HC, do the Bills go for the big time players??

BILLSROCK1212
01-04-2010, 06:08 PM
This is just theoretical, but the Bills can't realistically expect fans to sell out all 16 games again let alone half of those games if we are not winning without at least a big name coach or player. So do you guys see us going after someone like a Brandon Marshall and Michael Vick if we don't get a big name coach?

Nighthawk
01-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Ha, ha...it's an easy answer...NO! Nix already said he isn't a fan of FA. It will be the same thing we've seen for the past 10 years if a credible HC does not come in and start straightening this team out.

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 06:22 PM
There are very few "big time" players avaiable in this year's FA, including NO big ticket QB's or OT

BILLSROCK1212
01-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I just don't think our organization is stupid enough to not bring some promise to the table that would sell seats. It's either a big name GM (fail), HC, or early 1st round QB by the looks of it.

FlyingDutchman
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Even if they go for big time players, the players have to want to be here. We need a coach that players are going to want to play for

Buddo
01-04-2010, 07:02 PM
If there is somebody available who Nix views as essential to the football team's success, I'm sure he would bring them in. I'm also sure, that he isn't about to do anything, just to put 'bums on seats'.
I think what we're going to find, is that in terms of FA, if we bring a guy in, he either signs, or is done. I don't believe Nix is prepared to mess about, at all.
Old school, let's cut the crap, and either do the deal, or not. If not, we'll move on quickly.
Damn, I really would have liked to see what Nix would have done with Eugene Parker and Peters. ;)

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Someone tell me who the FA big time players are.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 07:08 PM
There are very few "big time" players avaiable in this year's FA, including NO big ticket QB's or OT

Brandon Marshall will be traded. That's a slam dunk impact player.

Demon
01-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Malcom Floyd should be available. San Diego has a lot of guys to re-sign and have Naanee who they want to give more playing time to. Floyd is 6 foot 5. Perfect replacment for Owens.

YardRat
01-04-2010, 07:24 PM
IMO big-time (as in big-name) players are out of the question, but am looking forward to adding some second-level guys that, once here, produce big-time.

BILLSROCK1212
01-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Someone tell me who the FA big time players are.
Whether it's through free agency, trade, or simply the draft I couldn't tell you all I can say is that this organization year after year has given us reason for hope....by just adding B-Schott and a couple midlevel college and NFL guys they won't be able to sellout so there has to be something coming that will be that glimmer of hope that will sell tickets

Ingtar33
01-04-2010, 08:02 PM
So do you guys see us going after someone like a Brandon Marshall and Michael Vick if we don't get a big name coach?

Vick is signed through 2011 - not a freeagent

Marshall is just a restricted FA thanks to the uncapped year (and the Broncos get 3 franchise tags to use this offseason)

In short if you want either of them, you'll have to TRADE for them.

So i guess the short answer to your question is NO. the bills won't make a splash in FA as the FA market will be massively restricted by the uncapped year and the number of quality FAs available will be minuscule (maybe even none)

DrGraves
01-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Why would anyone want marshall he is more of a head case than t.o.

we need to make trading for vick our number 1 priority this offseason IMO. he has experience, and experience winning, something this team hasn't had since jim kelly under center.

Demon
01-04-2010, 08:10 PM
No big GM wanted to come.
No big COACH wanted to come.
And you think BIG players will?

C'mon man.

Ingtar33
01-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Why would anyone want marshall he is more of a head case than t.o.

we need to make trading for vick our number 1 priority this offseason IMO. he has experience, and experience winning, something this team hasn't had since jim kelly under center.

you mean the QB with the career passer rating lower then JP Losman and Trent Edwards?

BILLSROCK1212
01-04-2010, 08:28 PM

Marshall is just a restricted FA thanks to the uncapped year (and the Broncos get 3 franchise tags to use this offseason)

So i guess the short answer to your question is NO. the bills won't make a splash in FA as the FA market will be massively restricted by the uncapped year and the number of quality FAs available will be minuscule (maybe even none)
I never said as a free agent, whether it be by trade, draft or free agency we have to make a splash....we better.

BILLSROCK1212
01-04-2010, 08:29 PM
No big GM wanted to come.
No big COACH wanted to come.
And you think BIG players will?

C'mon man.
T.O. did, but I also think that he may be the reason no other big players will come here. He showed the league how a players talent can diminish on the lowly Bills. I just feel that something has to get done to sell tickets and above all that is a priority for the Bills.

Beastie Bills
01-04-2010, 11:19 PM
If we hire some cheap, no name coach and then go after big time free agents and dump loads of money at them. We are officially

The Oakland Raiders.

Man, people are sure trained to expect horrible results. Kinda sad.

yordad
01-05-2010, 07:15 AM

So i guess the short answer to your question is NO. the bills won't make a splash in FA as the FA market will be massively restricted by the uncapped year and the number of quality FAs available will be minuscule (maybe even none)Vick will likely be cut.

Jan Reimers
01-05-2010, 07:40 AM
This is just theoretical, but the Bills can't realistically expect fans to sell out all 16 games again let alone half of those games if we are not winning without at least a big name coach or player. So do you guys see us going after someone like a Brandon Marshall and Michael Vick if we don't get a big name coach?
Vick may be a big name player, but he is not a big time NFL QB. We could use several talented players, but Vick is simply not one of them.

I do not understand the love for a guy who never threw the ball accurately and now, nearing 30, doesn't have the wheels anymore, either.

Pinkerton Security
01-05-2010, 08:51 AM
If we hire some cheap, no name coach and then go after big time free agents and dump loads of money at them. We are officially

The Oakland Raiders.

Man, people are sure trained to expect horrible results. Kinda sad.

or the Redskins. remember when they "bought" Deion, Bruce, and several other aged stars that blew chunks at that point in their careers? That was funny.