PDA

View Full Version : I'll Tale Billick OR Shotty Over Any Unproven Asst. Coach

Night Train
01-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Spare me the Russ Grimm, Brian Schotty, Leslie Frazier etc. love. It's blind, without any proven track record as a good HC in the NFL. This team needs someone with an actual plan and an ability to find good asst. coaches.

The Bills need to build towards something after 10 years of failure and a real resume is preferred over an imaginary one. Nix himself suggested he likes expereince and big guys in the lines. Sounds like he's prefer a known commodity.

Fine with me. No Cowher, hire one of the other 2 above. No more asst. coaches learning on the job.

Nighthawk
01-04-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm tired of being the team to provide on the job training...bring me a proven winner!

T-Long
01-04-2010, 06:35 PM
I agree...we need a coach in here that has "Been there, done that." I'm tired of this team being a minor league team giving all the wanna be's their shot.

Cowher, Billick, Schotty, Dungy....bring one in and I'll be a happy man.

SeatownBillsFan21
01-04-2010, 06:36 PM
I 2nd that no Cower thats fine whatever. just please for the love of god a proven winner is all i want in the end.

Pride
Without a conference championship ring, i'm not interested.

McBFLO
Spare me the Russ Grimm, Brian Schotty, Leslie Frazier etc. love. It's blind, without any proven track record as a good HC in the NFL. This team needs someone with an actual plan and an ability to find good asst. coaches.

The Bills need to build towards something after 10 years of failure and a real resume is preferred over an imaginary one. Nix himself suggested he likes expereince and big guys in the lines. Sounds like he's prefer a known commodity.

Fine with me. No Cowher, hire one of the other 2 above. No more asst. coaches learning on the job.

I do NOT want Billick. The dude won the Super Bowl with a beast in Jamal Lewis running the ball and one of the greatest defenses of all-time. He totally blew it in developing a young QB in Boller. No thanks on Billick.

Not sure I'd want Brian Schottenheimer, yet (if Marty comes in with Brian as OC/AsstHC I'd take Brian as our HC in a few years when Marty eventually retires), Lezlie Frazer I don't really know a whole lot about other than his recent success in Minnesota (can the guy get a strong OC who can develop a young QB? If so, then OK). Russ Grimm is my #2 option after 1a. Cowher and 1b. Marty. Grimm is a realistic version of Bill Cowher.

Michael82
01-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Hell, I'd take John Fox too.

Nighthawk
01-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Hell, I'd take John Fox too.

Unfortunatelty, I would too, but I'm not a huge fan.

McBFLO
01-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Nix himself suggested he likes expereince and big guys in the lines. Sounds like he's prefer a known commodity.

That's Grimm right there. Our biggest weakness would almost immediately become the strongest part of our team.

You want experience? Grimm's got it! You want a proven winner? Grimm again.

I don't understand why more people wouldn't be on board with this guy?

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Grimm is the only non former head coach candidates out there that wouldnt make me really mad.

The more I ask about him and dig the more good things I hear.

Lone Stranger
01-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Shotty has been my choice from day 1. I never felt we had a chance for any of the "names". However, Shotty is familiar with the organization and is not afraid of the cold.

The problem with all the selection processes is the impression RW may give when he "interviews" candidates. I don't believe Ralph sees himself as anything but a brilliant executive. And we all know that the real impression he gives is quite the opposite.

FlyingDutchman
01-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Ill take shotty over anyone. Dont think i didnt already try to see if he has facebook so i could offer to cut his grass for the rest of his life

T-Long
01-04-2010, 07:07 PM
I could def. live with Grimm...but I want an experienced guy. The thing with Grimm is he is a mean SOB and would fix this putrid OL.

Night Train
01-04-2010, 07:26 PM
If Carolina changes their mind this week and cans Fox , the Bills would hire him within 48 hours.

Billick didn't develop Boller. That alone doesn't disqualify him from being a good candidate. And don't tell me that stooge Rex Ryan gets all the credit for the Ravens D. He looked lost when Jauron beat him in one of the worst games of the year a couple months back. That also doesn't bode well for young Brain Schotty, whose O was missing in action half the season.

No more asst. coach experiments at this 10 year stage of losing.

McBFLO
01-04-2010, 07:31 PM
I could def. live with Grimm...but I want an experienced guy.

He IS experienced.

McBFLO
01-04-2010, 07:36 PM
If Carolina changes their mind this week and cans Fox , the Bills would hire him within 48 hours.

Billick didn't develop Boller. That alone doesn't disqualify him from being a good candidate. And don't tell me that stooge Rex Ryan gets all the credit for the Ravens D. He looked lost when Jauron beat him in one of the worst games of the year a couple months back. That also doesn't bode well for young Brain Schotty, whose O was missing in action half the season.

No more asst. coach experiments at this 10 year stage of losing.

Ryan SHOULD get a lot of the credit, along with Ray Lewis. I don't want Schotty Jr as HC now. Maybe a few years from now, but what this franchise needs to provide its fanbase Jr couldn't provide.

Grimm was absent from your response. What specifically don't you like about him?

Nighthawk
01-04-2010, 07:43 PM
He IS experienced.

No, no he is not. He has absolutely ZERO experience running the show as a HC in the NFL. Stop saying he has experience.

McBFLO
01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
That's so shortsighted. Correct, he does not have HC experience in the NFL. But he's been an Assistant Head Coach for 2 franchises for several years, both of which played in Super Bowls while he was coach, one time being on the winning side. He is a former player (and I know a lot of coaches are, but some of them aren't, but that fact that he was gives him more credibility and respect amongst the players he's coaching, plus it adds to his experience with football and the NFL).

Saying he doesn't have experience is just plain ignorant.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Why do I feel like we are all getting setup?? They make an overt effort for Cowher knowing darn well this guy is never coming to Buffalo and than throw a first time, cheap, coordinator at us. They'll tell us that it's a "fresh" start but Modrak, Guy and Brandon will still be in charge and we'll have Harbaugh coaching a bunch of Maybins for the next 3 years before we trade Byrd for a first round pick because he is disgruntled over not gettng paid.

Demon
01-04-2010, 07:58 PM
I could def. live with Grimm...but I want an experienced guy. The thing with Grimm is he is a mean SOB and would fix this putrid OL.

Beyond Cowher, Shotty and Billick, Grimm is my next and probably last guy on the list. I don't want Zimmer. I don't want Weis. I won't want Brian Shotty on his own, def don't want Rivera, ect. Grimm only gives me "hope" because like you said, he's a mean SOB who can build a line and hopefully can allow us to run like crazy and open it up for long bombs to Evans.

Demon
01-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Why do I feel like we are all getting setup?? They make an overt effort for Cowher knowing darn well this guy is never coming to Buffalo and than throw a first time, cheap, coordinator at us. They'll tell us that it's a "fresh" start but Modrak, Guy and Brandon will still be in charge and we'll have Harbaugh coaching a bunch of Maybins for the next 3 years before we trade Byrd for a first round pick because he is disgruntled over not gettng paid.

Because the Bills have been playing with us for over a decade.

YardRat
01-04-2010, 08:01 PM
I'll be happy with experienced coordinators with a successful track record, regardless of who the head coach is.

baalworship
01-04-2010, 08:20 PM
There are no truly great head coaches with previous experience out there.

Bill Cowher is a very good coach and won a Superbowl. So did Brian Billick.

But none of these guys are truly game changers. Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, Bill Belicheater are that sort of coach.

If Nix is truly a football guy let him listen to what the head coaches to be have to say. Let's let Grimm, Frazier, Schotty Jr, hell 35 year old McDermott explain how they have a plan that is innovative and will catapult the Bills to the top.

Let's face it, we need help. Many fans are cheering for a double when this franchise needs a home run. And even though Cowher, Billick are safer they are not truly great. What's the harm of making sure the next Bill Walsh isn't out there by giving them an interview?