PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network contradicting everything on this Board!

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Billick has not been confirmed for an interview in Buffalo. Cowher wants a team with a good QB. Shottenheimer is not coming back.

Maybe we should stop guessing what is happening and actually confirm some stuff.

Dr. Lecter
01-04-2010, 07:07 PM
lol!!!!!

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Billick has not been confirmed for an interview in Buffalo. Cowher wants a team with a good QB. Shottenheimer is not coming back.

Maybe we should stop guessing what is happening and actually confirm some stuff.

Where did you read that Billick had a CONFIRMED interview with Buffalo on this board?

There has been threads about him already assemblying a staff, didnt see any about Bilick getting an INTERVIEW

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 07:08 PM

You mean like you confirmed that Modrak is the one who pulled the trigger on Maybin?

Dr. Lecter
01-04-2010, 07:10 PM
You mean like you confirmed that Modrak is the one who pulled the trigger on Maybin?

The rules are different for hhurricane......

YardRat
01-04-2010, 07:10 PM
If Cowher wants a team with a good QB, than he is **** out of luck this off season.

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 07:13 PM
If Cowher wants a team with a good QB, than he is **** out of luck this off season.

Unless Chicago opens up, which may

jamze132
01-04-2010, 07:13 PM
This thread definitely deserves a big WOW!

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 07:14 PM

Nice try again. I said there was no way Jauron had the final say and that Modrak was more to blame for our talent issues than the coach.

I'm not posting "100% rumor" threads like you.

So far as a reporter you have reported nothing that is relevant.

Instead of shamelessly plugging your website maybe you could go get a real inside story.

I'm a fan and I have reported more intel than you have. I broke the Spikes injury, the coaching discontent over Losman, and the offer to Kelly to comeback and coach.

You reported that Cowher is 100% interested...not interested...looking good...not looking good...blah..blah...blah..

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 07:15 PM

And maybe that's why he is doing nothing. For all the hate on Marino maybe he told Cowher to stay put because there are no guys with arms out there on teams looking for coaches.

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Nice try again. I said there was no way Jauron had the final say and that Modrak was more to blame for our talent issues than the coach.

Instead of shamelessly plugging your website maybe you could go get a real inside story.

I'm a fan and I have reported more intel than you have. I broke the Spikes injury, the coaching discontent over Losman, and the offer to Kelly to comeback and coach.

You reported that Cowher is 100% interested...not interested...looking good...not looking good...blah..blah...blah..

What does that have to do with your claim about all these Billick "interview" threads?

TedMock
01-04-2010, 07:17 PM
My guess is that every coach would like a good QB. It was confirmed that Cowher met with us. Schefter (who has been the most reliable) speculated on national tv that Cowher would stay at cbs. Nothing about him was contradicted. Nobody said Schottenheimer is comong out of retirement. Many feel that he would be a good fot in Buffalo if he chooses to though. I don't think anything has been contradicted. People have posted rumors & sources of rumors. No harm in that.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 07:22 PM
My guess is that every coach would like a good QB. It was confirmed that Cowher met with us. Schefter (who has been the most reliable) speculated on national tv that Cowher would stay at cbs. Nothing about him was contradicted. Nobody said Schottenheimer is comong out of retirement. Many feel that he would be a good fot in Buffalo if he chooses to though. I don't think anything has been contradicted. People have posted rumors & sources of rumors. No harm in that.

How many threads have Billick coming to Buffalo are on this site right now?? Rumors, speculation, whatever, so far there is nothing concrete. NOTHING!!

Chris Brown reported that Shottenheimer was some how in the mix.

As far as we know we called Cowher. I have yet to read that Cowher actually touched the soil in Buffalo.

All BS rumors.

Buddo
01-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Unless Chicago opens up, which may

Atm, for what they gave up for Cutler, he isn't a good QB. The Bears will have fun trying to get a new HC with no draft picks, as well. ;)

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Atm, for what they gave up for Cutler, he isn't a good QB. The Bears will have fun trying to get a new HC with no draft picks, as well. ;)

Cutler has the most upside. I'm learning that a guy who throws alot of picks also throws alot of TDs.

mark1126
01-04-2010, 07:29 PM
all the teams with good QB's are in the playoffs and aint firing the coach..lol

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2010, 07:31 PM
HH you are assuming that NFL network actually knows what they are talking about and not just speculating like all the other talking heads are doing.

TedMock
01-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Nobody said Cowher touched soil in Buffalo either. ESPN's best NFL analyst said Cowher met with the Bills. Maybe it was in Buffalo, maybe NC, maybe teleconference, maybe on a booze cruise. who cares where they met? Why are the talking heads on NFL Network more reliable than on ESPN? You're taking their word, so what's the difference? ESPN, Fox Sports, NFLN. All have legit people & all do some speculation.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
HH you are assuming that NFL network actually knows what they are talking about and not just speculating like all the other talking heads are doing.

They confirmed with Billick that he does not have a scheduled interview with any team. Considering he guest hosts there I'm guessing they may have an inside track here.

They said they spoke to Marty late last week and it's not happening but if someone got his son that he may be willing to come on as an advisor.

patmoran2006
01-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Jason LaConforta from NFL Network last month reported that JP Losman was signing a contrac with the Colts.

The only one who was dumber than him was me, for following suit..

Sometimes, the "names" dont know anything more than anyone else.

That's why I'm holding out slimmer of hope for Cowher until someone gets to him and he gives a quote he's not coming here.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think he's coming here, never did. But I still hold a tiny bit of hope that Wilson would blow him away with money and power.

Nighthawk
01-04-2010, 07:41 PM
LaConfora is such a tool that he said that he agrees that Lovie Smith will be retained, but he'll need to fire the OC and DC. Umm, dumbass, Lovie is the DC and Lombardi had to remind him of that. LaConfora seems to be very green with being an insider...not many connections.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Jason LaConforta from NFL Network last month reported that JP Losman was signing a contrac with the Colts.

The only one who was dumber than him was me, for following suit..

Sometimes, the "names" dont know anything more than anyone else.

That's why I'm holding out slimmer of hope for Cowher until someone gets to him and he gives a quote he's not coming here.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think he's coming here, never did. But I still hold a tiny bit of hope that Wilson would blow him away with money and power.

You don't think I'd take it up both orfaces (figuratively of course) to be wrong about Cowher??

I just don't want people buying into something that is likely NOT TO HAPPEN.

Hell, we have people *****ing about Billick and he doesn't even have an interview. Billick will look like Jesus if we hire Harbaugh.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2010, 07:44 PM
They confirmed with Billick that he does not have a scheduled interview with any team. Considering he guest hosts there I'm guessing they may have an inside track here.

They said they spoke to Marty late last week and it's not happening but if someone got his son that he may be willing to come on as an advisor.

fair enough

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2010, 07:56 PM
all the teams with good QB's are in the playoffs and aint firing the coach..lol
thats just what i was thinking... if you got a good qb you are prob doing ok and not firing anyone.

That being said.... How the hell can they turn on Lovie Smith so soon after being in the super bowl?

BuffaloBlakely14
01-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Cutler has the most upside. I'm learning that a guy who throws alot of picks also throws alot of TDs.

The only thing you are right about here is that Cutler has more upside than any of the current Bills QB, not that that is a terribly high compliment of earth shattering statement. I mean the guy ranked 8th in TD's, 17th in completion %, and 21st in QB rating, even yds/attmept he was ranked 20th, and 1st in INTS...

Like I said better than our QB's but far from franchise QB, as of now. Not saying that can't change, but come on.

BuffaloBlakely14
01-04-2010, 08:25 PM

Dude give it a rest...I agree with a lot of your opinions...but dude come up with some new material...you write the same thing in every thread about Pat and Sal...everyone knows that these are rumors and speculation and are coming from "sources"....not once do Pat or Sal say they are gospel. They preface everything...they basically post everything here, there is no need to go to their websites...

Like I said man, I think you are right on a lot of things, and I even respect your voice...I think you say a lot of good things...but you shoot yourself in the foot with your obvious bias towards these guys, and you make yourself look petty and jealous a lot of the time, you would be better off just voicing what you think, and dropping the chirping bro.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Dude give it a rest...I agree with a lot of your opinions...but dude come up with some new material...you write the same thing in every thread about Pat and Sal...everyone knows that these are rumors and speculation and are coming from "sources"....not once do Pat or Sal say they are gospel. They preface everything...they basically post everything here, there is no need to go to their websites...

Like I said man, I think you are right on a lot of things, and I even respect your voice...I think you say a lot of good things...but you shoot yourself in the foot with your obvious bias towards these guys, and you make yourself look petty and jealous a lot of the time, you would be better off just voicing what you think, and dropping the chirping bro.

I have no issue with Sal whatsoever. Pat and I spout off once in a while but I, for the most part, respect him as a poster. I think he does get over zealous once in a while....as do I.

I think everyone just wants some real, substantiated, info right now.

Peace to everyone.

BuffaloBlakely14
01-04-2010, 09:30 PM
I have no issue with Sal whatsoever. Pat and I spout off once in a while but I, for the most part, respect him as a poster. I think he does get over zealous once in a while....as do I.

I think everyone just wants some real, substantiated, info right now.

Peace to everyone.

I think you are definitely right...we all do just want to know what is going on and get real definitive answer...

Definitely respect this post...and can appreciate and understand where you are coming from.

Beastie Bills
01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
cutler is one season removed from a 4500 yard, pro bowl season.

jmb1099
01-05-2010, 08:52 AM
You don't think I'd take it up both orfaces (figuratively of course) to be wrong about Cowher??

I just don't want people buying into something that is likely NOT TO HAPPEN.

Hell, we have people *****ing about Billick and he doesn't even have an interview. Billick will look like Jesus if we hire Harbaugh.
No one wants you or your brother from another mother telling us how to think.

Dujek
01-05-2010, 10:00 AM
How many threads have Billick coming to Buffalo are on this site right now?? Rumors, speculation, whatever, so far there is nothing concrete. NOTHING!!

Chris Brown reported that Shottenheimer was some how in the mix.

As far as we know we called Cowher. I have yet to read that Cowher actually touched the soil in Buffalo.

All BS rumors.

You're not even a Bills fan anymore, so why do you care so much?

HHURRICANE
01-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Well, I guess I should be getting all my info from NFL Netwrok.

TedMock
01-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Well, I guess I should be getting all my info from NFL Netwrok.

I wouldn't count on any one media outlet. They've all been all over the place. Jason La Canfora works for NFL Network and he reported, yesterday, that Cowher is still in play. It's the exact opposite of what Schefter (who is right more than wrong) is doing on ESPN. Sunday, he was reporting "stealth meetings" and a "real possibility" and on Monday he was saying "not coaching." They're everywhere.