PDA

View Full Version : Schobel Considering Retirement

Romes
01-04-2010, 08:23 PM
With all the coaching speculation I think this was over looked (apologizes if it wasn't and its been posted before)...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Schobel-to-meet-with-Bills-brass/519e5a11-f010-4e38-8509-2bfdd43aebfd

It won’t happen right away. Buffalo’s front office has more pressing matters right now, but a bit later this offseason the top two executives in the Bills' hierarchy will sit down with Aaron Schobel to discuss his playing future.

“I’m scheduled to talk with Ralph (Wilson) and Russ (Brandon) and try to make a decision,” said Schobel the Monday after Buffalo’s season-ending victory over the Colts.

Schobel finished the year as the team leader in sacks with 10. It’s the eighth time in nine seasons he’s led the team in quarterback takedowns. The 2009 season was also the fourth double-digit sack season in his career. Schobel was also tied for the team lead in forced fumbles with three and finished fourth on the team in tackles.

The team’s top pass rusher intends to take about two months to think about his plans for 2010 and whether or not they include continuing his football career.

dannyek71
01-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Like I said in another thread. Schobel is done. He just doesnt want to play anymore. He will make things official in march.

Jaybird
01-04-2010, 09:59 PM
i think he will ask for a trade, if it is not granted then he will retire.

If he goes we would need to add a vet DE asap

The Jokeman
01-04-2010, 10:01 PM
i think he will ask for a trade, if it is not granted then he will retire.

If he goes we would need to add a vet DE asap
Yeah because DE who get 10.0 sacks a season are easy to land in free agency. We lose Schobel we lose a BIG part of the D. He's easily our best player on D.

Jaybird
01-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah because DE who get 10.0 sacks a season are easy to land in free agency. We lose Schobel we lose a BIG part of the D. He's easily our best player on D.

I never said it would be easy, but a move would be a must

FlyingDutchman
01-04-2010, 10:12 PM
awesome, another gaping hole we'll need to fill

trapezeus
01-04-2010, 10:31 PM
if he sees a real coach who's gotten real results, he'll stay for one more year.

if they botch this like they've botched everything else, he'll leave and be happy to never have to come back to buffalo for the rest of his life.

yordad
01-05-2010, 07:18 AM
I think this is just a preemptive strike by Schobel. He has a big ego. I think he fears we will move to a 3-4, and his arce will get cut!

Night Train
01-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Sounds like someone needs a hug.

ChristopherWalken
01-05-2010, 07:23 AM
if he sees a real coach who's gotten real results, he'll stay for one more year.

if they botch this like they've botched everything else, he'll leave and be happy to never have to come back to buffalo for the rest of his life.

Agreed

Jan Reimers
01-05-2010, 07:25 AM
I think Schobel has been a very good player who is now on the down side of his career. We need help with the pass rush whether he stays or goes, as he never gets much push against good O-lines.

ChristopherWalken
01-05-2010, 07:27 AM
I think Schobel has been a very good player who is now on the down side of his career. We need help with the pass rush whether he stays or goes, as he never gets much push against good O-lines.

I agree. He's been the only consistent line man on defense. And what a lop sided line it has been....with no folcrum!

TacklingDummy
01-05-2010, 07:28 AM
He won't give up the $$$. Wasting hot air is all he's doing.

k-oneputt
01-05-2010, 08:07 AM
He wants to be traded to a Texas team and still get the money.
I say do it and get a pick for him.

dannyek71
01-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Guys..... It comes from a reliable source that he is done. It has nothing to do with the coach, the system or any of that. He just doesn't want to play. He will wait until March to make things official, but every indication now is that he is done.

I keep harking on this, and all of the other assumptions being made are false.