PDA

View Full Version : billick

DRELOVESBills
01-04-2010, 08:58 PM
actually i think that when cowher decides to return to CBS that billick would not be a bad hire even tho i dont support it. Billick is a hard nosed coach and would bring something we have not had in years. The only flaw would be his ability to groom a QB!! anyone agree??

The Jokeman
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
actually i think that when cowher decides to return to CBS that billick would not be a bad hire even tho i dont support it. Billick is a hard nosed coach and would bring something we have not had in years. The only flaw would be his ability to groom a QB!! anyone agree??
If anything that's a good sign that he can without needing a franchise QB. One thing I didnt notice until now is Billick has a history coaching at Stanford. Granted it was well before Edwards was around but worth noting for a Trent backer like myself. That said I'd also be in favor drafting a QB in the Round 3-5 area just in case Trent proves he can't do it next year. One guy I like in those rounds is Dan LeFevour.

Demon
01-04-2010, 09:10 PM

Yeah, it's a worry. But he was winning with Elvis Grbec, Trent Dilfer and Kyle Boller. That's like trying win with Fizpatrick, Edwards and Brohm.

Hopefully our draft guru GM Buddy Nix can find the right QB.

BillsWin
01-04-2010, 09:33 PM
After watching Brian Billick on the match game I am sold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtowYApQNnE

Commissioner
01-04-2010, 09:37 PM
If we hire Brian Billick we will be looking for a new head coach in 3 or 4 years.

The only reason he had any success in Baltimore is because of Ray Lewis and that defense. They had arguably the greatest defense in NFL history when they won the superbowl.

Billick spent the rest of the time in Baltimore unable to get an offense going or groom a franchise QB. Billick hired Jim Fassel as a consultant (they were best friends)... made him OC... and then fired him as OC and decided to call plays himself. Billick was fired the following season.

Baltimore didn't find a QB or an offense until Billick left.

Yeah... i would say he's the perfect coach for this organization... that has no offense or franchise QB.

Demon
01-04-2010, 09:44 PM
If we hire Brian Billick we will be looking for a new head coach in 3 or 4 years.

The only reason he had any success in Baltimore is because of Ray Lewis and that defense. They had arguably the greatest defense in NFL history when they won the superbowl.

Billick spent the rest of the time in Baltimore unable to get an offense going or groom a franchise QB. Billick hired Jim Fassel as a consultant (they were best friends)... made him OC... and then fired him as OC and decided to call plays himself. Billick was fired the following season.

Yeah... i would say he's the perfect coach for this organization... that has no offense or franchise QB.

Nah. Same can be said about anybody. Shanahan couldn't win it without Elway and when he had Terrell Davis who had one of the best seasons in NFL history. Tony Dungy is a bum too, he only could win 1 super bowl with arguably the best QB ever.

Commissioner
01-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Nah. Same can be said about anybody. Shanahan couldn't win it without Elway and when he had Terrell Davis who had one of the best seasons in NFL history. Tony Dungy is a bum too, he only could win 1 super bowl with arguably the best QB ever.

I'm a fan of the Ravens man... i think I know what i'm talking about.

You guys see 1 super bowl ring and think the guy must be good. There's a reason why he got fired and didn't retire. He couldn't get an offense going or groom a QB.

The Jokeman
01-04-2010, 09:47 PM

and the only reason the Bills went to 4 Super Bowls in a row is because we had the best O in the AFC thanks to Thurman and Kelly. Truth is to me a HC is more of a game manager then anything. He's as good as the players he has on the field and the way his co-ordinators game plan for their opponents.

Commissioner
01-04-2010, 09:49 PM
and the only reason the Bills went to 4 Super Bowls in a row is because we had the best O in the AFC thanks to Thurman and Kelly. Truth is to me a HC is more of a game manager then anything. He's as good as the players he has on the field and the way his co-ordinators game plan for their opponents.

Billick was in Baltimore for like 8 years and couldn't find his Jim Kelly....

He's also the ****** that traded two 3rd rounders for Willis McGahee.

Commissioner
01-04-2010, 09:54 PM
I guess Thurman Thomas agrees with me on Billick

ask what he thinks about Billick on Twitter:
@MBoudrot (http://twitter.com/MBoudrot) ok, if he doesn't try to bring Kyle Boller in here. But his defense won that Championship , idk

The Jokeman
01-04-2010, 09:59 PM

The same Willis McGahee who's scored 29 TDs the last 3 seasons? In comparison Lynch has scored 18. But I know someone will comment on rushing yards, well McGahee's averaged about 55.3 the last years whereas Lynch's averaged 63.5.

BillsWin
01-04-2010, 10:01 PM

McGahee rushed for 12 touchdowns this season as the second back.

Commissioner
01-04-2010, 10:11 PM
McGahee rushed for 12 touchdowns this season as the second back.
Yeah... that 30 million dollar 2nd back.

Like Ray Rice coudn't have scored those....

It's real hard scoring 12 touchdowns when they stick you in on goal line situations.

ByrdsTheWord
01-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah, it's a worry. But he was winning with Elvis Grbec, Trent Dilfer and Kyle Boller. That's like trying win with Fizpatrick, Edwards and Brohm.

Hopefully our draft guru GM Buddy Nix can find the right QB.

He was winning because of Rex Ryan's defense and Newsome's ability to draft players. We dont have a Ray Lewis, an Ed Reed. A Terrell Suggs, an Adalius Thomas, a Tony Siragusa, a Chris McAlister, a Rod Woodson, a Peter Boulware. We don't even have half the players they had on defense. The 2000-01 Ravens had one of the best defenses in NFL history. Thats why they were so successful while their offense suffered. I don't know if Billicks the right man for the job.

He didnt surround himself with the right guys on offense. Cowher on the other hand surrounded himself with the likes of Lebeau, Whisenhunt, Russ Grimm. He can assemble a legitimate coachng staff.

BillsNick
01-04-2010, 10:58 PM
After watching Brian Billick on the match game I am sold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtowYApQNnE

HaHa! Great find, that's hilarious.:roflmao: