Something interesting...another "small" dog gets a scoop....and thickens the plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Something interesting...another "small" dog gets a scoop....and thickens the plot

Here's something interesting. Pointed out to me on my FaceBook page.

This little East Aurora Government website first reported the Bills were firing all their assistant coaches well before anyone, I believe (6:30am).

Now, aside from the fact that they don't know how to spell Bill COWHER'S name right, and make other spelling errors throughout, they got the story, and also claim that "Cowhler" (LOL) will be in Buffalo Tuesday and the firings were possibly due to his insistence on hiring all his own staff.

I think one thing we've all learned is that there are people other than the "big" name reporters who are able to get stories and info.

I have heard nothing new myself. But maybe these guys at EastAurora.org know something? They already nailed one story:

By JOE LOGAN (1/4/2010 6:35:28 AM)

EastAurora.Org has learned that newly appointed Buffalo Bills General Manager Buddy Nix will release all coaching staff today. Interim head coah Perry Fewell will still be intereviewed for the open head coaching position sometime during the day.

We have also learned that Bill Cowhler will be in Buffalo tomorrow to discuss the position and that his insistence that he assemble and hire is entire coaching staff may have led to today's firings.

Sal Capaccio reported last week that Cowhler had never told the Bills he wasn't interested in the job and said that talks had occurred. More recently reports have surfaced that Cowhler has been lining up assistant coaches and will persue the Steeler's defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau.

Our source tell us to expect Cowhler to make a decision by the end of next week and that the Bills and the Carolina Panthers are the only contenders. The Redskins are not part of the equation for Cowhler who reportedly was not impressed with owner Dan Snyder.

Appearantly Panther's head coach John Fox is not getting the vote of confidence from Panther's ownership and is no longer happy in Carolina. Cowhler makes his home in North Carolina.

I think they're reaching on the "not impressed with Snyder" stuff from what I know. But heck, congrats to little EastAurora.org and let's hope they are right again!
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Something interesting...another "small" dog gets a scoop....and thickens the plot

seems like sloppy writing but if they nailed it maybe they have some inside info

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Re: Something interesting...another "small" dog gets a scoop....and thickens the plot

Cowher was approached by Allen yesterday morning, but turned down an interview because he felt the Shanahan signing was imminent according to a Washington Examiner Redskins beat writer. I posted another thread on it.

That can be construed as not impressed with "Snyder" I guess.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• G Wolly
        • Mar 2004

If we sign a guy named Bill Cowhler, and everyone assumes it's a misprint, it'll single-handedly be the biggest prank EVER.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

I'm willing to believe it. If they were the first to break the staff firing that is pretty legitimate.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Poz's Posse
            • Dec 2008

We will see but this thing seems to have lost momentum...... I am not a Billick guy and don't like the fit........I have enjoyed your programs since I recently came on board.
            Last edited by Poz's Posse; 01-04-2010, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Coach Sal
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by G Wolly
              If we sign a guy named Bill Cowhler, and everyone assumes it's a misprint, it'll single-handedly be the biggest prank EVER.

Is it April1st?
              Click to listen:

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

Man their are a lot of spelling errors... WOW.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                  • Mar 2004

Its in gods hands now boys and girls all we can do is sit and refresh.

Comment

• BillsWin
                    man amongst boys
                    • Oct 2008

This is the gentleman who posted said rumor.

He doesn't have many followers.
                    I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

More on this unknown rumor man: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/joe-logan/4/30/265

Results driven IT professional with over 10 years experience solving challenging and complex business problems. I enjoy giving my business partners a true competitive advantage.

Experience in executing both strategic and tactical initiatives to help drive efficiencies within IT and the entire enterprise.

I have a well rounded business acumen. This enables me to ensure that IT initiatives align with business needs and expectations.
                      Joe Logan’s Specialties:

Enterprise Architecture, Digital Media, System Architecture, Application Design, Designing Repeatable Processes, Business Modeling
                      No background in sports, but lets keep our fingers crossed.
                      Last edited by BillsWin; 01-04-2010, 11:57 PM.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BillsWin
                        This is the gentleman who posted said rumor.

He doesn't have many followers.
                        The way it's written, I think "someone" at that site learned the info. He just wrote the story.

Usually with something like this, if a person specifically reports it, it will be attributed to him/her ("According to Joe Logan......").

Just my opinion of how it looks.
                        Click to listen:

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Coach Sal
                          The way it's written, I think "someone" at that site learned the info. He just wrote the story.

Usually with something like this, if a person specifically reports it, it will be attributed to him/her ("According to Joe Logan......").

Just my opinion of how it looks.

That sounds about right.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                            • Sep 2009

Cowher could be waiting for Shanahan to sign to set the market price for him in Buffalo, just a thought.

Comment

• BillsWin
                              man amongst boys
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                              Cowher could be waiting for Shanahan to sign to set the market price for him in Buffalo, just a thought.
                              Great post. That is a very good possibility.

I say just give his $12 million a year for 5 years. If Ralph really wants to win before he dies he will do this.
                              I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X