PDA

View Full Version : Something interesting...another "small" dog gets a scoop....and thickens the plot

Coach Sal
01-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Here's something interesting. Pointed out to me on my FaceBook page.

This little East Aurora Government website first reported the Bills were firing all their assistant coaches well before anyone, I believe (6:30am).

Now, aside from the fact that they don't know how to spell Bill COWHER'S name right, and make other spelling errors throughout, they got the story, and also claim that "Cowhler" (LOL) will be in Buffalo Tuesday and the firings were possibly due to his insistence on hiring all his own staff.

I think one thing we've all learned is that there are people other than the "big" name reporters who are able to get stories and info.

I have heard nothing new myself. But maybe these guys at EastAurora.org know something? They already nailed one story:

By JOE LOGAN (1/4/2010 6:35:28 AM)

EastAurora.Org has learned that newly appointed Buffalo Bills General Manager Buddy Nix will release all coaching staff today. Interim head coah Perry Fewell will still be intereviewed for the open head coaching position sometime during the day.

We have also learned that Bill Cowhler will be in Buffalo tomorrow to discuss the position and that his insistence that he assemble and hire is entire coaching staff may have led to today's firings.

Sal Capaccio reported last week that Cowhler had never told the Bills he wasn't interested in the job and said that talks had occurred. More recently reports have surfaced that Cowhler has been lining up assistant coaches and will persue the Steeler's defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau.

Our source tell us to expect Cowhler to make a decision by the end of next week and that the Bills and the Carolina Panthers are the only contenders. The Redskins are not part of the equation for Cowhler who reportedly was not impressed with owner Dan Snyder.

Appearantly Panther's head coach John Fox is not getting the vote of confidence from Panther's ownership and is no longer happy in Carolina. Cowhler makes his home in North Carolina.

http://www.eastaurora.org/article.aspx?artno=1228

I think they're reaching on the "not impressed with Snyder" stuff from what I know. But heck, congrats to little EastAurora.org and let's hope they are right again!

mikemac2001
01-04-2010, 11:45 PM
seems like sloppy writing but if they nailed it maybe they have some inside info

BillsWin
01-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Cowher was approached by Allen yesterday morning, but turned down an interview because he felt the Shanahan signing was imminent according to a Washington Examiner Redskins beat writer. I posted another thread on it.

That can be construed as not impressed with "Snyder" I guess.

G Wolly
01-04-2010, 11:47 PM
If we sign a guy named Bill Cowhler, and everyone assumes it's a misprint, it'll single-handedly be the biggest prank EVER.

BillsWin
01-04-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm willing to believe it. If they were the first to break the staff firing that is pretty legitimate.

Poz's Posse
01-04-2010, 11:48 PM
We will see but this thing seems to have lost momentum...... I am not a Billick guy and don't like the fit........I have enjoyed your programs since I recently came on board.

Coach Sal
01-04-2010, 11:49 PM
If we sign a guy named Bill Cowhler, and everyone assumes it's a misprint, it'll single-handedly be the biggest prank EVER.

:rofl:

Is it April1st?

BillsWin
01-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Man their are a lot of spelling errors... WOW.

SeatownBillsFan21
01-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Its in gods hands now boys and girls all we can do is sit and refresh.

BillsWin
01-04-2010, 11:55 PM
This is the gentleman who posted said rumor.

http://twitter.com/account/profile_image/LoganInEA?hreflang=en

He doesn't have many followers.

BillsWin
01-04-2010, 11:56 PM
More on this unknown rumor man: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/joe-logan/4/30/265

Results driven IT professional with over 10 years experience solving challenging and complex business problems. I enjoy giving my business partners a true competitive advantage.

Experience in executing both strategic and tactical initiatives to help drive efficiencies within IT and the entire enterprise.

I have a well rounded business acumen. This enables me to ensure that IT initiatives align with business needs and expectations.
Joe Logan’s Specialties:

Enterprise Architecture, Digital Media, System Architecture, Application Design, Designing Repeatable Processes, Business Modeling

No background in sports, but lets keep our fingers crossed.

Coach Sal
01-04-2010, 11:59 PM

The way it's written, I think "someone" at that site learned the info. He just wrote the story.

Usually with something like this, if a person specifically reports it, it will be attributed to him/her ("According to Joe Logan......").

Just my opinion of how it looks.

BillsWin
01-05-2010, 12:00 AM
The way it's written, I think "someone" at that site learned the info. He just wrote the story.

Usually with something like this, if a person specifically reports it, it will be attributed to him/her ("According to Joe Logan......").

That sounds about right.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Cowher could be waiting for Shanahan to sign to set the market price for him in Buffalo, just a thought.

BillsWin
01-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Cowher could be waiting for Shanahan to sign to set the market price for him in Buffalo, just a thought.

Great post. That is a very good possibility.

I say just give his $12 million a year for 5 years. If Ralph really wants to win before he dies he will do this.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Great post. That is a very good possibility.

I say just give his $12 million a year for 5 years. If Ralph really wants to win before he dies he will do this.

Lets hope Ralph will put his money where his mouth is.

Michael82
01-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Interesting news. I also believe that the reason why the Bills may have changed the interview date for Cowher was because they had plans on interviewing Perry Fewell yesterday.

BillsWin
01-05-2010, 12:24 AM
for what its worth, I found a poster over at boards.buffalobills.com that says he knows the guy who posted the rumor and that he has talked about having friends in the scouting department.

Who knows!? :idunno:

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-05-2010, 12:31 AM
for what its worth, I found a poster over at boards.buffalobills.com that says he knows the guy who posted the rumor and that he has talked about having friends in the scouting department.

Who knows!? :idunno:

Maybe. It's hard to believe anything on that board, it's a zoo over there. The zone is by far the best board out there imo, wish I found it a lot sooner. Many other boards don't have adult conversation like this one. People on here are down to earth.

SABuffalo786
01-05-2010, 12:35 AM
What an insane 48 hours this has been. Tomorrow's going to be even more nuts.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-05-2010, 12:39 AM
What an insane 48 hours this has been. Tomorrow's going to be even more nuts.

I feel ya, I want them to hurry up and make moves so I don't have to be tortured anymore with the wait.

WagonCircler
01-05-2010, 01:08 AM

All it takes is one eavesdropping cousin with a job at One Bills Drive...

Prov401
01-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Well, it looks like Cowher's only option is indeed Buffalo. If Cowher does want to coach in the NFL this year, it's going to have to be with the Bills. He definitely won't be going to Oakland, and if Mangini is fired, there is no way he's coaching in Cleveland with Holmgren being there. Buffalo is his only choice.

Throw everything, and 2 kitchen sinks at him Ralph.

don137
01-05-2010, 04:53 AM
Looks like the roller coaster ride is on its way back up. I just hope I don't get motion sickness at the end of the ride.

Historian
01-05-2010, 05:12 AM
The only people who really know are the western new york realtors.

EricStratton
01-05-2010, 05:45 AM
If you throw enough stuff at the wall and aren't worried about being wrong eventually something will stick.

Night Train
01-05-2010, 05:53 AM
If you throw enough stuff at the wall and aren't worried about being wrong eventually something will stick.

That's what I think.. and that's no shot at Sal or anyone here.

Dr. Lecter
01-05-2010, 05:54 AM
Man their are a lot of spelling errors... WOW.

there

ddaryl
01-05-2010, 06:09 AM
1st... THANKS SAL

2nd...

Oh yee of little faith

sit back, roll a blunt... chill

The chin is in....

for all the time we have known Shanahan to the Redskins... he just got on Snyders plane to DC... These things take a little time to actually happen

elltrain22
01-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the heads up Sal, and I can't wait for tonights show. What I wanna know is, or maybe I should say is, how can I restore my faith that Cowher coaching in Buffalo is still on the books. To be honest, after yesterday, from the reports from Carucci, Scheffter, etc, etc, I have completely lost all hope that Cowher will coach this team. Do we have a shot?? Is he still in play??? Is he gonna interview??? Have we offered him the job, will we offer him the job??? Or has he been offered the job, but doesn't want it, like Scheffter pretty much said. I know he hasn't been quoted yet, which is a glimmer of hope, but I want someone to restore my hope back.

Thanks

BigZ
01-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Maybe. It's hard to believe anything on that board, it's a zoo over there. The zone is by far the best board out there imo, wish I found it a lot sooner. Many other boards don't have adult conversation like this one. People on here are down to earth.

I will second that. I've cruised both boards the last couple of days and the stuff on that one is crud.

BillsZone forever!

dasaybz
01-05-2010, 08:35 AM

That looks like someone's head was photoshopped on someone else's body.

Griz78
01-05-2010, 09:00 AM
It says he is an IT guy but maybe he knows the IT guy for the Bills?
I work in IT and I know a guy who works IT for the Bills.

In IT, usually you do know who is coming aboard/leaving from data, e-mails, setting up IT accounts, etc.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 09:04 AM
I am trying to contact Joe Logan right now

ddaryl
01-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Logan's report is now being propagated to the other sites

PFT has picked it up

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/05/report-cowher-meeting-with-bills-again-today/

Beastie Bills
01-05-2010, 09:08 AM
This news will make everyone happy again. Until noon when there is a report that Cowher has signed with the London Sillynannies.

Wolffman
01-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Time for someone to stake out the airport.

Mad Bomber
01-05-2010, 09:17 AM
This little East Aurora Government website first reported the Bills were firing all their assistant coaches well before anyone, I believe (6:30am).

Now, aside from the fact that they don't know how to spell Bill COWHER'S name right, and make other spelling errors throughout, they got the story, and also claim that "Cowhler" (LOL) will be in Buffalo Tuesday and the firings were possibly due to his insistence on hiring all his own staff.

Is Bill Cowhler the head coach of the East Aurora High School Blue Devils football team?

:D

Philagape
01-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Interesting news. I also believe that the reason why the Bills may have changed the interview date for Cowher was because they had plans on interviewing Perry Fewell yesterday.

Yup, and that makes sense. Get the Rooney Rule out of the way first, so when they talk to real candidates, they can make an offer on the spot.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 09:28 AM
I would say this guy was making **** up.. But his report time stamp CLEARLY called the bills coaching staff firing hours before anybody else.

I've left a message on his phone seeking comment, hopefully I'll get it.

And BTW, dont get OVERLY excited, once PFT picks up something it gets filtered EVERYWHERE, so you'll get a different version of the same report a million times. trust me I've experienced it

of course, if true, then get VERY excited!

Typ0
01-05-2010, 10:55 AM
I would say this guy was making **** up.. But his report time stamp CLEARLY called the bills coaching staff firing hours before anybody else.

I've left a message on his phone seeking comment, hopefully I'll get it.

And BTW, dont get OVERLY excited, once PFT picks up something it gets filtered EVERYWHERE, so you'll get a different version of the same report a million times. trust me I've experienced it

of course, if true, then get VERY excited!

Time stamps are easily manipulated.

Beastie Bills
01-05-2010, 11:06 AM
All this BS is watering down the pot, not thickening it.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-06-2010, 01:21 AM
There has been an update on this site. Not sure if you all have seen it yet

http://www.eastaurora.org/article.aspx?artno=1228

*update - thanks for all of your feedback. Just a global response to hubdreds of emails received...the source who informed me of the information is more than reliable, a friend, and absolutely connected to this situation. I believe everything that I was told and we shall soon find out how things unravel. I just wish people were more interested in the dissolution of the village than who our next head coach is going to be but I happen to think that this is much more fun to talk about just as you do....

Oaf
01-06-2010, 01:26 AM
Dissolution of the village?