• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Byrd 2nd in ROY voting

Jairus Byrd had some stiff competition, and came in 2nd in rookie of the year voting to Brian Cushing. Honestly, even though he was tied for the league lead in INT's, you cant compete with these numbers for Cushing: 134 tckls, 5 sacks, 4 INTs, 2 FF...those numbers are great for an All-Pro, let alone a rookie.

Byrd got 6 votes while Cushing got 39.

Brian Cushing has become the second Houston Texans linebacker in four seasons to win The Associated Press NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year award.
    Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 01-05-2010, 09:46 AM.

• dasaybz
    • Apr 2005

Re: Byrd 2nd in ROY voting

We shoulda drafted Cushing .... we were paper thin at LB and decided to take a shot with a project DE.

Brilliant.

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

I don't regret the Byrd signing.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• THRILLHO
        This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
        • Feb 2009

Couldnt expect all the votes after being put on IR and not starting all games. So kudos to Byrd! Ill take second place, Cushing did do amazing.
        True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

alot of people thought Matthews and Cushing were system linbackers at USC and wouldnt be that good in the pros.

A lot of people were wrong.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

Forget ROY, he's a pro bowler, baby!
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Italian Stallion
              Knows More Than You
              • Feb 2004

Too bad we didn't pick him instead of waste of life Maybin.

Then our first and second round picks would have finished 1 and 2 in DROY voting... cool beans.
              BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Italian Stallion

Then our first and second round picks would have finished 1 and 2 in DROY voting... cool beans.
                Waste of life??

I would pay good money to see you call him that face to face.

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

I predict Maybin will have a VD soon. I figure he came out early for the hoes. And his fresh hair cut didn't help change my mind.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                    Knows More Than You
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                    Waste of life??

I would pay good money to see you call him that face to face.

ok lets set it up..why should I be scared of a puss that can't even be onsides for a kickoff...who tweets and facebooks his life away instead of getting better?

Dude could be ransacked by almost everyone on the current roster (Lindell included)....classic case of a little ***** boy who has the body type to look strong..but isn't. If you don't believe me, watch footage from his 12 plays this year and watch him get tossed around like a used tissue
                    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• superbills
                      • Mar 2003

ok lets set it up..why should I be scared of a puss that can't even be onsides for a kickoff...who tweets and facebooks his life away instead of getting better?

Dude could be ransacked by almost everyone on the current roster (Lindell included)....classic case of a little ***** boy who has the body type to look strong..but isn't. If you don't believe me, watch footage from his 12 plays this year and watch him get tossed around like a used tissue
                      WTF? Put down the Aaron Maybin voodoo doll and step away from the pipe bro. unless Maybin banged your wife or something, in which case, as you were...
                      "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                      Ronald Reagan
                      40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Dude, you just want to sue him after he whoops on you.

"Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

the funny thing is that he is playing against linemen who can bench 500 pounds...i love chat room heroes. the dude is 6'3 240 and you're calling him a puss. Compared to other NFL players, you may be right. Compared to 95% of the people on this board and in the world...you're wrong.

Comment

• dasaybz
                            • Apr 2005

Waste of life?

Someone needs to grow up a little bit.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Oh, and BTW, I am completely convinced his combine size was the product of steroids. No doubt in my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X