PDA

View Full Version : Byrd 2nd in ROY voting

Pinkerton Security
01-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Jairus Byrd had some stiff competition, and came in 2nd in rookie of the year voting to Brian Cushing. Honestly, even though he was tied for the league lead in INT's, you cant compete with these numbers for Cushing: 134 tckls, 5 sacks, 4 INTs, 2 FF...those numbers are great for an All-Pro, let alone a rookie.

Byrd got 6 votes while Cushing got 39.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4797623

dasaybz
01-05-2010, 09:48 AM
We shoulda drafted Cushing .... we were paper thin at LB and decided to take a shot with a project DE.

Brilliant.

mybills
01-05-2010, 09:50 AM
I don't regret the Byrd signing.

THRILLHO
01-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Couldnt expect all the votes after being put on IR and not starting all games. So kudos to Byrd! Ill take second place, Cushing did do amazing.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 09:55 AM
alot of people thought Matthews and Cushing were system linbackers at USC and wouldnt be that good in the pros.

A lot of people were wrong.

mybills
01-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Forget ROY, he's a pro bowler, baby! :up:

Italian Stallion
01-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Too bad we didn't pick him instead of waste of life Maybin.

Then our first and second round picks would have finished 1 and 2 in DROY voting... cool beans.

Beebe's Kid
01-05-2010, 10:31 AM

Then our first and second round picks would have finished 1 and 2 in DROY voting... cool beans.

Waste of life??

I would pay good money to see you call him that face to face.

yordad
01-05-2010, 10:34 AM
I predict Maybin will have a VD soon. I figure he came out early for the hoes. And his fresh hair cut didn't help change my mind.

Italian Stallion
01-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Waste of life??

I would pay good money to see you call him that face to face.

ok lets set it up..why should I be scared of a puss that can't even be onsides for a kickoff...who tweets and facebooks his life away instead of getting better?

Dude could be ransacked by almost everyone on the current roster (Lindell included)....classic case of a little ***** boy who has the body type to look strong..but isn't. If you don't believe me, watch footage from his 12 plays this year and watch him get tossed around like a used tissue

superbills
01-05-2010, 10:45 AM
ok lets set it up..why should I be scared of a puss that can't even be onsides for a kickoff...who tweets and facebooks his life away instead of getting better?

Dude could be ransacked by almost everyone on the current roster (Lindell included)....classic case of a little ***** boy who has the body type to look strong..but isn't. If you don't believe me, watch footage from his 12 plays this year and watch him get tossed around like a used tissue

WTF? Put down the Aaron Maybin voodoo doll and step away from the pipe bro. unless Maybin banged your wife or something, in which case, as you were...

yordad
01-05-2010, 10:46 AM

Dude could be ransacked by almost everyone on the current roster (Lindell included)....classic case of a little ***** boy who has the body type to look strong..but isn't. If you don't believe me, watch footage from his 12 plays this year and watch him get tossed around like a used tissueDude, you just want to sue him after he whoops on you.

:snicker:

Pinkerton Security
01-05-2010, 10:47 AM

the funny thing is that he is playing against linemen who can bench 500 pounds...i love chat room heroes. the dude is 6'3 240 and you're calling him a puss. Compared to other NFL players, you may be right. Compared to 95% of the people on this board and in the world...you're wrong.

dasaybz
01-05-2010, 10:47 AM

Waste of life?

Someone needs to grow up a little bit.

yordad
01-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Oh, and BTW, I am completely convinced his combine size was the product of steroids. No doubt in my mind.

TigerJ
01-05-2010, 12:35 PM
I think in some years Byrd would have been ROY.

djjimkelly
01-05-2010, 12:40 PM
We shoulda drafted Cushing .... we were paper thin at LB and decided to take a shot with a project DE.

Brilliant.

we should have drafted any of the USC LBs

but i have a feeling maybin will be a beast in the 3-4 we are about to employ as a rush LB

BuffaloBillsStampede
01-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Ive been saying that all year. If we switch to a 3-4 Maybin becomes much more useful. I think he could be a monster in that defense. If they have to figure out when he is blitzing and from where every down he is bound to get through pretty frequently with his speed. He is a waste of a roster spot in our defense however.......
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

colin
01-05-2010, 02:37 PM
we could have had byrd, maluga, cushing, and wood (no levitre, dunno if that's as good) or at the worst byrd cushing and our two O line men. cushing and byrd would have been HUGE additions to our D, but we "needed" a de (in spite of being a very solid pass rushing team this year). I think it goes to show talent is talent and if a guy has it, you take him. i hope a very talented OL is there for us for LT at 9 and we grab Tebow and vick in FA next year.

shelby
01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Byrd has been one of the few bright spots of a mediocre season. Congrats Jairus!

Mahdi
01-05-2010, 02:49 PM
we could have had byrd, maluga, cushing, and wood (no levitre, dunno if that's as good) or at the worst byrd cushing and our two O line men. cushing and byrd would have been HUGE additions to our D, but we "needed" a de (in spite of being a very solid pass rushing team this year). I think it goes to show talent is talent and if a guy has it, you take him. i hope a very talented OL is there for us for LT at 9 and we grab Tebow and vick in FA next year.
We were not a very good pass rushing team this year. We were tied for 18th in sacks and sacks mean nothing.

We struggled all year to pressure QBs and it hurt us big time on 3rd down especially.

Plus our pass coverage was amazing this year and our DL still struggled to pressure.

colin
01-05-2010, 03:32 PM
We were not a very good pass rushing team this year. We were tied for 18th in sacks and sacks mean nothing.

We struggled all year to pressure QBs and it hurt us big time on 3rd down especially.

Plus our pass coverage was amazing this year and our DL still struggled to pressure.

dude, our pass D was sick and we had a huge number of turnovers, that means you can rush the passer, i said very solid, better than our numbers, and it's true.

we sucked on 3rd down and we blew against the run, and our o was the worst, that is why our team sucks, not the pass rush.