PDA

View Full Version : Schefter shoots down Cowher rumor, again

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter)
Bill Cowher not in Buffalo today. He was, according to source, "walking his dog" this morning. Cowher still unlikely to coach in 2010.

don137
01-05-2010, 10:28 AM
BMN lives in the Raleigh area. We need him to scope out Cowher's house.

Mahdi
01-05-2010, 10:29 AM
This is funny. I think I'm going to wait for BB.com to announce something. They are always last to post Bills news but at least its credible.

Not a shot at you Pat.

JJamezz
01-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Didn't see that one coming!

Jeff1220
01-05-2010, 10:30 AM
That doesn't mean he couldn't be catching an afternoon flight, interviewing, having dinner w/FO guys, and flying home.

SABuffalo786
01-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Schefter is DESPERATE for this not to happen.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 10:32 AM
This is funny. I think I'm going to wait for BB.com to announce something. They are always last to post Bills news but at least its credible.

Not a shot at you Pat.

I never reported Cowher was meeting the Buffalo Bills today to begin with. Some guy named Joe Logan did.

I wrote early this morning that there was no Cowher news.
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/tuesday-coaching-carousel/

Lastly, there’s no Bill Cowher news to report. There’s definitely a mutual interest among the two, but reports based mainly from ESPN say Cowher is unlikely to coach in 2010. It’s probably true, but until I hear it from the chin’s mouth myself, consider me in denial.

mikemac2001
01-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Bill Cowher not in Buffalo today. He was, according to source, "walking his dog" this morning. Cowher still unlikely to coach in 2010.

But real question is where was he walking his dog

trapezeus
01-05-2010, 10:35 AM
good christ. this is just awful. Every 20 seconds a different report saying the opposite thing from every source and their mother.

The bills better get this done in a hurry. it's killing me.

Plus, they should go to him instead of the other way around.

Pinkerton Security
01-05-2010, 10:37 AM

straight into OBD

THRILLHO
01-05-2010, 10:39 AM

Has anyone interviewed the dog yet? Maybe Schefter's dog has Cowher's dog's phone #?

SABuffalo786
01-05-2010, 10:39 AM
I obviously want this to happen because Cowher would be the best thing to happen to us since Jim Kelly.

I ALSO want this to happen because it would DESTROY ESPN's credibility and once and for all prove that they don't know ****.

patmoran2006
01-05-2010, 10:40 AM
I'll take Cowher's dog coaching the team before Haslett or Fassel

Mahdi
01-05-2010, 10:41 AM
I never reported Cowher was meeting the Buffalo Bills today to begin with. Some guy named Joe Logan did.

I wrote early this morning that there was no Cowher news.
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/tuesday-coaching-carousel/
Ya I know, I meant that in general I'm not knocking your credibility.

DraftBoy
01-05-2010, 10:46 AM
I obviously want this to happen because Cowher would be the best thing to happen to us since Jim Kelly.

I ALSO want this to happen because it would DESTROY ESPN's credibility and once and for all prove that they don't know ****.

This wouldn't prove that? It would prove they got it wrong, its happened hundreds of times before and will hundreds of times after this.

They are still the best.

justasportsfan
01-05-2010, 10:47 AM
He was, according to source, "walking his dog" this morning. Cowher still unlikely to coach in 2010.
thats not a nice thing to say about his wife

ddaryl
01-05-2010, 10:49 AM
This wouldn't prove that? It would prove they got it wrong, its happened hundreds of times before and will hundreds of times after this.

They are still the best.

I would have great fun reminding everyone how wrong ESPN was then...

I personally can't stomach ESPN much anymore. Just can't take their "insert dumbass jock" into booth mentality.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-05-2010, 10:49 AM
well Cowher must be having a blast watching all us wankers running around like a bunch of school girls chasing the beatles.

what a sorry lot we are :(

DraftBoy
01-05-2010, 10:50 AM

I personally can't stomach ESPN much anymore. Just can't take their "insert dumbass jock" into booth mentality.

If that's how you get your kicks I guess, but the fact is they get far more right then they get wrong which is why they are the best.

mikemac2001
01-05-2010, 10:51 AM
stupid v text

SABuffalo786
01-05-2010, 10:56 AM

They are still the best.

What's the last big non-NFC East / Brett Favre story they've broken? Unless it involves Brett or Jerry Jones they're pretty ****ing useless. Where were they on the TO story? With their pants down, that's where.

They're a joke and a Dinosaur organization. The world is passing them by and I'm glad I get to see it happen.

yordad
01-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Isn't "walking his dog" a metaphor for something? And if so, he could be doing that anywhere.

DraftBoy
01-05-2010, 11:16 AM
What's the last big non-NFC East / Brett Favre story they've broken? Unless it involves Brett or Jerry Jones they're pretty ****ing useless. Where were they on the TO story? With their pants down, that's where.

They're a joke and a Dinosaur organization. The world is passing them by and I'm glad I get to see it happen.

Those stories suddenly don't count?

ESPN is about ratings and the NFC East and Brett Farve are what drive ratings right now. Its no big secret why they are all over those two story types.

If you don't like it, that's one thing but this is a business first and foremost.

SABuffalo786
01-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Those stories suddenly don't count?

ESPN is about ratings and the NFC East and Brett Farve are what drive ratings right now. Its no big secret why they are all over those two story types.

If you don't like it, that's one thing but this is a business first and foremost.

Yeah - they can nail the Big Market **** but are UTTERLY CLUELESS for the rest of the league.

Pretty embarassing for a group of people who call themselves "The Worldwide Leader in Sports".

Turn off ESPN.

DraftBoy
01-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Yeah - they can nail the Big Market **** but are UTTERLY CLUELESS for the rest of the league.

Pretty embarassing for a group of people who call themselves "The Worldwide Leader in Sports".

Turn off ESPN.

:rofl:

Wow...

PromoTheRobot
01-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Shefter also reports that Cowher must have eaten corn in the last 48 hours.

PTR

SABuffalo786
01-05-2010, 11:34 AM

Wow...

Am I wrong? Wasn't Schefter one of the clowns that disgraced himself before Chris Henry died, falsely reporting his death before it actually happened?

ROFL all you want, you know it's true.

billsburgh
01-05-2010, 11:37 AM
is there some sort of feud between Schefter and LaCanfora since he replaced Schefter and NFLN? LaCanfora says just the opposite.

DraftBoy
01-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Am I wrong? Wasn't Schefter one of the clowns that disgraced himself before Chris Henry died, falsely reporting his death before it actually happened?

ROFL all you want, you know it's true.

You're wrong and you're not. You just dont seem to grasp what ESPN is and isn't. You want it to be some kind of insider source for all teams, which is neither is, nor was it ever intended to be. Its a major sports networks, that covers major teams, if you are good you get covered, other than that you get :30 of highlights, and your final score. The end.

Why would any sports news network that is not regionalized or local bother covering a bad team? It doesnt make business sense.

SABuffalo786
01-05-2010, 11:45 AM
You're wrong and you're not. You just dont seem to grasp what ESPN is and isn't. You want it to be some kind of insider source for all teams, which is neither is, nor was it ever intended to be. Its a major sports networks, that covers major teams, if you are good you get covered, other than that you get :30 of highlights, and your final score. The end.

Why would any sports news network that is not regionalized or local bother covering a bad team? It doesnt make business sense.

"The Worldwide Leader in Sports"

Thanks for proving my point - As a news organization they place a higher priority on ratings and money than actual reporting - therefore from a journalistic standpoint they are a joke.

DraftBoy
01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
"The Worldwide Leader in Sports"

Thanks for proving my point - As a news organization they place a higher priority on ratings and money than actual reporting - therefore from a journalistic standpoint they are a joke.

And that's where you go off the crazy end again. If you think journalism doesnt have to deal with rating then you're off your rocker.

Ask Pat about web hits, and marketing. Ask Coach Sal about ratings for his radio programs. Ratings matter almost as much as the stuff you're actually reporting.

FlyingDutchman
01-05-2010, 11:51 AM
i cant take this anymore

ddaryl
01-05-2010, 11:54 AM

And that's where you go off the crazy end again. If you think journalism doesnt have to deal with rating then you're off your rocker.

Ask Pat about web hits, and marketing. Ask Coach Sal about ratings for his radio programs. Ratings matter almost as much as the stuff you're actually reporting.

yeah I agree and that is the problem with internet journalism

Being 1st is more important then being correct.. :crazy: and we end up with all of this hearsay being passed aorund as news... but it does generate the hits

DraftBoy
01-05-2010, 11:55 AM
yeah I agree and that is the problem with internet journalism

Being 1st is more important then being correct.. :crazy: and we end up with all of this hearsay being passed aorund as news... but it does generate the hits

Being first is one thing but you still have to be right or close to it. You can't just spout off random stuff like...

Dennis Green to be the next Buffalo Bills HC!

ParanoidAndroid
01-05-2010, 11:55 AM

To be fair, there are a lot of football players that major in communications since it's such a cake walk major.

Demon
01-05-2010, 11:56 AM
i cant take this anymore

They all warned us that this would be one of the most crazy weeks in franchise history. So far, it's not a let down. Just, let's hope we get our guy. At this point, i'll be ok and just fine with Cowher or Billick.

SABuffalo786
01-05-2010, 11:57 AM

Then that's really sad. But don't listen to me - I'm just a lunatic who thinks news should be reported on the merit of the story without any bias.

DraftBoy
01-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Then that's really sad. But don't listen to me - I'm just a lunatic who thinks news should be reported on the merit of the story without any bias.

Your a purist, nothing wrong with that, but its not reality, not on the national level at least.

JD
01-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Feels like this..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OP8XPxPWaU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OP8XPxPWaU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Demon
01-05-2010, 12:04 PM
That's exactly how it's been last 2 days.... with each new rumor.

ddaryl
01-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Being first is one thing but you still have to be right or close to it. You can't just spout off random stuff like...

Dennis Green to be the next Buffalo Bills HC!

but that is a larger debate... In general we see the hearsay news blow up pretty fast and circulate quicker then the Associated Press

but that is what most people want.. Quick info not necessarily the truth, hence the fun we're having now

JD
01-05-2010, 12:13 PM
That's exactly how it's been last 2 days.... with each new rumor.
Somebody should swap out the announcers audio with their own.

"Espn is reporting that no coach wants to come to Buffalo"

"Wait a second, this just in! Bill Cowher is meeting in Buffalo today!!!"

"WHAT? NO! Adam Shefter is reporting Cowher is at home walking his dog and the Bills continue their downward spiral!