PDA

View Full Version : Bobby April is leaving Buffalo

pashi911
01-05-2010, 10:55 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4797796&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Billsfan3
01-05-2010, 10:56 AM
nice post

Jaybird
01-05-2010, 11:01 AM
He should take Roscoe with him

yordad
01-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Kinda figure that when they gave him a box and told him to clean out his desk.

justasportsfan
01-05-2010, 11:05 AM
he's gonna make someones else's st no.1. Hopefully we can bring in a HC that can score a ton of points that we won't need an above average ST unit.

yordad
01-05-2010, 11:06 AM
he's gonna make someones else's st no.1. Hopefully we can bring in a HC that can score a ton of points that we won't need an above average ST unit.Possibly, but it isn't a lock. I seem to recall ours being fairly sucky this year.

TacklingDummy
01-05-2010, 11:08 AM
he's gonna make someones else's st no.1. Hopefully we can bring in a HC that can score a ton of points that we won't need an above average ST unit.
I'd rather have the #1 Defense or Offense and a average special teams.

Beastie Bills
01-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Bye Bobby! We couldn't have finished sub .500 every year without you!

Demon
01-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Kinda figure that when they gave him a box and told him to clean out his desk.

lol yeah, seriously.

M
01-05-2010, 11:24 AM

Seriously. And we won't have to worry about Special Teams "gurus" that can't do anything else (see John Wendling).

Mr. Pink
01-05-2010, 11:30 AM
So long suck-a!

Take Wendling, Corto, Parrish, Buggs, Jenkins, etc with ya!

justasportsfan
01-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Possibly, but it isn't a lock. I seem to recall ours being fairly sucky this year.
even the best of them have an off year and it's easy to see why he had one this year with all the injuries and player carousel.

dmosher12
01-05-2010, 11:33 AM
so everyone realizes that every team has special teams "gurus" right

justasportsfan
01-05-2010, 11:33 AM
I agree, but it doesn't hurt to have the no.1 ST as well.

billsburgh
01-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Cowher's already fired him once, so the chances of him staying were slim anyway.

Syderick
01-05-2010, 12:07 PM
He was a decent coach

ddaryl
01-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Cowher's already fired him once, so the chances of him staying were slim anyway.

Hmm Cowher fired April once and April was the only coach to be officially let go ??? Even though it was April that exercised the ctermination clause

yeah I'm reaching, but that's what i do :blamelog:

Syderick
01-05-2010, 12:10 PM
<!-- END PAGE TITLE MODULE -->April likely to be in demand:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/05/april-likely-to-be-in-demand/

justasportsfan
01-05-2010, 12:22 PM
It would suck if he ended up with an AFCE rival

Beebe's Kid
01-05-2010, 12:23 PM

I will really miss how "crazy" he was... I mean, you just never knew what was coming with this guy!!!

"Awww, they puntin' again... WAIT!!! NO THEY AIN'T !!! THEY DONE FAKED IT!!! BOBBY APRIL IS CRRRRRRAAAAAAAZZZZZY!!!"

Seriously...bye bye, Bobby, Bobby, bye bye. He is part of the old regime. If it's about change, it's about change. I am a little confused how our ST could suffer a huge blow...

I know that I am a little sarcastic from time to time, but in all seriousness, can somebody explain to me what he did that made our ST so special? They reall didn't look all that good, and really, F. Jackson can return kicks w/o B. April, and I think that Moorman will figure out this punting thing.

Beebe's Kid
01-05-2010, 12:26 PM
I will really miss how "crazy" he was... I mean, you just never knew what was coming with this guy!!!

"Awww, they puntin' again... WAIT!!! NO THEY AIN'T !!! THEY DONE FAKED IT!!! BOBBY APRIL IS CRRRRRRAAAAAAAZZZZZY!!!"

Seriously...bye bye, Bobby, Bobby, bye bye. He is part of the old regime. If it's about change, it's about change. I am a little confused how our ST could suffer a huge blow...

I know that I am a little sarcastic from time to time, but in all seriousness, can somebody explain to me what he did that made our ST so special? They reall didn't look all that good, and really, F. Jackson can return kicks w/o B. April, and I think that Moorman will figure out this punting thing.

justasportsfan
01-05-2010, 12:28 PM
can somebody explain to me what he did that made our ST so special? .

Other than making his unit no.1 majority of his time here, he sucked.

/sarcasm.

yordad
01-05-2010, 12:29 PM
I heard Bobby April could make the wind change directions.

djjimkelly
01-05-2010, 12:39 PM
cya later april uve been overrated here for at least 3 or 4 years

Cleve
01-05-2010, 12:59 PM
cya later april uve been overrated here for at least 3 or 4 years

Yep - Bobby April's S.T's is directly responsible for the Bill's flubbing the lead in the first Patriot's game.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Bobby.

yordad
01-05-2010, 01:16 PM
I am not happy about this, but deep in my soul I know it is for the greater good of mankind.

yordad
01-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Treat this as a rumor but I heard Buddy is going to cure cancer next.

TheBrownBear
01-05-2010, 01:20 PM
He was a good coach. I'm not sure why so many are grave-dancing.

Our kick coverage units were always solid under April - a problem, prior to April, that cost the Bills at least a few games if memory serves me correctly. And all those great kick returns over the past few years, well the scheme/blocking/preparation plays a huge role in busting those open. Losing April isn't the end of the world, but whoever we end up with will likely be a downgrade at the position.

Cleve
01-05-2010, 01:25 PM
He was a good coach. I'm not sure why so many are grave-dancing.
Well, for myself - special teams should NOT be directly responsible for losing huge divisional games (like the first Bills/Patriots game). April should have provided McKelvin CLEAR orders to protect the ball at all cost, and not go for extra yards. If McKelvin was incapable of that, then April should have chosen another player to return the kick.

If April lacked the common sense to provide such vital directions and management in a key play in a big game, then screw him. That's the sort of heart-breaking dead wood the Bills have been saddled with for far too long.

TheBrownBear
01-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Well, for myself - special teams should NOT be directly responsible for losing huge divisional games (like the first Bills/Patriots game). April should have provided McKelvin CLEAR orders to protect the ball at all cost, and not go for extra yards. If McKelvin was incapable of that, then April should have chosen another player to return the kick.

If April lacked the common sense to provide such vital directions and management in a key play in a big game, then screw him. That's the sort of heart-breaking dead wood the Bills have been saddled with for far too long.
Who knows what April really ordered Leodis to do there? A good coach will cover for his players post-game to retain their confidence. And even if he didn't instruct McDumbDumb to protect the ball, shouldn't common sense dictate to a player what is appropriate (ok, obviously not in McDumbDumb's case)? I can't really hang those individual screw-ups on April. Now, scheme/coverage breakdowns (Music City/Chad Morton OT/etc.), to me, those are the things you can hang on your STs coach.